Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

kalistea
04.16.2013 , 01:31 PM | #81
Don't know if you are aware of that, but if you don't live in the USA, you can't order the security key... and even more stupid, I can't download the app from Google Play because it says that this app is not allowed in the country where my smartphone is registered.

So yeah, some of us really can't get the security key even when they want to (I had the security key when I was playing WoW btw), it's not about being lazy.

I guess I'm lucky that I receive the mail with the one time password without issues so far

captainapoc
04.19.2013 , 08:44 PM | #82
This one time password thing is sooo annoying. No way am I getting a security key on my account again last time i did that my phone broke and there was no way for me to install the authenticator onto the new phone and i couldn't get in contact with them on the phone to help so I got permanently locked of that account and had to start from scratchwith a new account.

Draekos
04.19.2013 , 09:46 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMagnus View Post
i dont own a mobile i hate them they are intrusive pices of garbage that i dont need i have a house phone and a laptop thats all i need im 40 mobiles are for people who like to talk to much and like to waste money
I'm 41 and find a smart phone invaluble, then again I like to be able to respond to customers outside of business hours and anywhere. Perspective here, but being able to respond outside of business hours is worth over a $1k a month in extra commissions to me. A bonus is the security app and not worrying about one time password nonsense with SWTOR.

rafter
04.19.2013 , 10:11 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nope.. people with authenticators are fine.

The OP had it within their power to do things to address this and chose not to. So.. they quit instead. I don't get it... but that's their choice.
So, you should have to buy an authenticator to be able to play the game? Apologist much?

Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
The security key app for iPhone and Android(I think) are free. I have used the iPhone app since early access.

So no you are not forced to buy a security key.
No, just a smart phone.

I have an authenticator, which i bought at release, but some of you people will seriously defend anything. It's absurd that this system is giving so many people issues and that when they vent about those issues they get bombarded with replies like these.

I get that most of the complaints on this forum are just whining or whatever, but this is a legitimate issue and you guys placing the blame on the customer and not the provider is just silly.

Marfrank
04.19.2013 , 10:31 PM | #85
This game wants really much from me.
Not only daily trouble with the one-time-pw, which is, that i want to log in, the question for the onetime-pw appears, then i have to wait several minutes in my emailaccount to get the password to enter.

No, all the downtime. I never had a game that has that often that long downtimes. I want to play and have to do other things and wait 5 hours. But i want to play and not do other things. No. Wait.

I think Bioware has enough customers, so they not afraid to lose some because of what they doing. This will change, when they lost enough customers to see that in their income. Then , but first then things will change to better.

Economy is a whore.

Celwinn
04.20.2013 , 04:34 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by rafter View Post
So, you should have to buy an authenticator to be able to play the game? Apologist much?

No, just a smart phone.

I have an authenticator, which i bought at release, but some of you people will seriously defend anything. It's absurd that this system is giving so many people issues and that when they vent about those issues they get bombarded with replies like these.

I get that most of the complaints on this forum are just whining or whatever, but this is a legitimate issue and you guys placing the blame on the customer and not the provider is just silly.
Remember, if it's not happening to them, it's a non issue.

It's not happening to me, but I do understand it's an issue for alot of people, and I sympathize with them.
Don't let the past define you

Hockaday
04.20.2013 , 04:46 AM | #87
Calling BS on the OP. You don't have to use a OTP to log into the game, only the forum. Move along people, nothing to see here.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Azimeir
05.20.2013 , 05:37 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND...... Inb4 some says... "I don't have a smart phone"..........

....You are not even required to have a smart phone.. because you can get android emulators for your PC. So there really is no excuse not to have a security key.
Maybe I don't want to download crap onto my PC just so that I can keep paying to play a game. It's not like there was a rash of account hacks that needed some paranoid security upgrade. Technically when someone is trying to mug you for your purse or wallet you have the power to stop the assault in that case too.

Bottom line, I'm a paying customer who won't be one for long if this BS system stays in play. If enough people make their voices heard, EA WILL do something or embrace the flaming Zeppelin all the way to the ground. Are you people who aren't having a problem (and don't give a crap about those of us who are) going to quit your sub if they go back to the way it was before? Probably not. It's a math equation that even an EA employee should be able to calculate.
Yeah? Well... that's just like... my opinion, man.

Azimeir
05.20.2013 , 05:03 PM | #89
Bump.
Yeah? Well... that's just like... my opinion, man.

Andryah
05.20.2013 , 05:33 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Azimeir View Post
Bottom line, I'm a paying customer who won't be one for long if this BS system stays in play. If enough people make their voices heard, EA WILL do something or embrace the flaming Zeppelin all the way to the ground. Are you people who aren't having a problem (and don't give a crap about those of us who are) going to quit your sub if they go back to the way it was before? Probably not. It's a math equation that even an EA employee should be able to calculate.
By all means.. dig your heals in and demand demand demand. Be stubborn in the face of actual solutions....if that makes you happy.. but it does not solve your issue.

Problem for you is.. most players have either a hardware security key or a soft-app security key attached to their accounts and don't receive OTPs.

The choice is yours.. but you are in the minority.. as evidenced by there being very few posts anymore about OTP issues.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.