Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

Uvirith
04.16.2013 , 12:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Ok.
Why is Bioware's Customer Support not telling us that?
Because they are illegal and are killing the whole purpose of a security key (the actual security).

Oh, and who can anyone not have a Smartphone in 2013? You can get them for 5 bucks
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

chimex
04.16.2013 , 01:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND...... Inb4 some says... "I don't have a smart phone"..........

....You are not even required to have a smart phone.. because you can get android emulators for your PC. So there really is no excuse not to have a security key.
That's pretty neat I have one of those old bricks for a phone, so I've never considered all this one time password junk. Mind you, my SWTOR is happy with the password I have

PS: 10 Say's he hasn't really canceled.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Nevarr
04.16.2013 , 01:31 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Because they are illegal and are killing the whole purpose of a security key (the actual security).

Oh, and who can anyone not have a Smartphone in 2013? You can get them for 5 bucks
Might be able to get the phone cheaply enough, but my monthly bill would triple due to the data plans and such, so I stick with my flip phone.

Uvirith
04.16.2013 , 01:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevarr View Post
Might be able to get the phone cheaply enough, but my monthly bill would triple due to the data plans and such, so I stick with my flip phone.
but, without smartphone, how do you watch Game of Thrones while sitting on the potty
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

chimex
04.16.2013 , 01:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
but, without smartphone, how do you watch Game of Thrones while sitting on the potty
Extension cords
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

chuixupu
04.16.2013 , 01:57 AM | #26
I don't have a smart phone, but I do have an Ipod touch, and the security app works on that too.

Seems like most people these days would have at least one or the other.

Also, physical security key costs what, $4.99?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Karkais
04.16.2013 , 02:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nope.. people with authenticators are fine.
People without authenticators like me are fine also.. This is something to do with OP's particular setup.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

chaosmadness
04.16.2013 , 02:10 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Each time the email would take 10-15 minutes to arrive, by that time it had already expired..

I now have 31 "One"-time password emails in my inbox, along with the 27 I have deleted.

Edit: Link to the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618866
Well, you have a weird problem..My one time password is instant, take about 5sec and until today never had problems.
Maybe the problem can be at ur computer/email...

SleepyJoeFriday
04.16.2013 , 02:21 AM | #29
I no longer have an issue with the one-time password - I don't know why, but I can understand that it is a pain the proverbial if your system is constantly asking for one.

The security key is unavailable to anyone outside of the USA or Canada. It's export is expressly prohibited by law due to restrictions on selling encryption devices. The fact that it is manufactured in China (most probably) is quite ironic.

As a customer of EA you should not be required to purchase any additional devices in order to play the game, especially if you're already paying a subscription.

Insisting that people should have a smartphone or not understanding how anyone can not have one is pretty crass. Even if they have one it may not run iOS or Android. And do you really want to download an unknown emulator in order to use EAs smartphone application. I certainly don't.

septicbrainfluid
04.16.2013 , 02:23 AM | #30
I'll try the emulator. Thank youto the person who suggested it. But even that is bloody rediculouse to be able to play a silly game I pay to play i need to buy an annoying usb dongle i will no-doubt misplace or I need a smartphone??? I feel like im on crazy pills, why are there so many people acting like this is all perfectly acceptable??

I don't want a smart phone, I want my cell to and send/recieve calls and texts; that's it. Not all of us like to be tethered to a feaking phone.