Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscription Cancelled, Reason: One Time Password

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.15.2013 , 08:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WarGame View Post
Logging into a video game should be a pretty painless experience.
It is for me.. and for many many others.

Make some adjustments on your end (it's all been covered in other threads for weeks now) .... and prosper from a login simplicity perspecitve.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
04.15.2013 , 08:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Security key solves the problem.

Beyond that, it sounds like an issue with your mail server.
I've never had an OTP take longer than about 30 seconds to arrive.

Of course, I don't have to deal with them very often because I'm not purging cookies, running in paranoid browsing mode, or having my IP cycled either.
Security Key cost money.
Forcing people to buy it after they subbed is bait-and-switch type fraud.


I have a static IP and I'm up to 63 one-time-passwords now.
Also have business class internet and I live about 3 miles from both EA and Google, yet some password emails arrive 10 minutes late.

The problem is known since the 1.72 patch introduced the new login, yet nothing has been done to fix this issue.
Bioware failed yet again!

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
04.15.2013 , 08:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Security Key cost money.
Forcing people to buy it after they subbed is bait-and-switch type fraud.


I have a static IP and I'm up to 63 one-time-passwords now.
Also have business class internet and I live about 3 miles from both EA and Google, yet some password emails arrive 10 minutes late.

The problem is known since the 1.72 patch introduced the new login, yet nothing has been done to fix this issue.
Bioware failed yet again!
You can get an app for your phone, assuming you have a smartphone, for free.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Infurnace's Avatar


Infurnace
04.15.2013 , 08:39 PM | #14
Just checked my email and I have 11 one time password emails. One of the one time passwords eventually worked. I wonder what the record is for number of one time passwords in someone's mail box? I wonder if some email programs flag the bioware's one time emails as spam?

spectreclees's Avatar


spectreclees
04.15.2013 , 08:41 PM | #15
If people with authenticators/security keys don't have this option or issue. Why not spend the 5 bucks and get one? It's not going to kill you to spend 5 bucks on something that betters your security anyway.

That is not to say that this one time password thing shouldn't be fixed. You do have the power to fix the issue.

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
04.15.2013 , 08:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Security Key cost money.
Forcing people to buy it after they subbed is bait-and-switch type fraud.
The security key app for iPhone and Android(I think) are free. I have used the iPhone app since early access.

So no you are not forced to buy a security key.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.15.2013 , 08:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
The security key app for iPhone and Android(I think) are free. I have used the iPhone app since early access.

So no you are not forced to buy a security key.
AND...... Inb4 some says... "I don't have a smart phone"..........

....You are not even required to have a smart phone.. because you can get android emulators for your PC. So there really is no excuse not to have a security key.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
04.15.2013 , 08:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
The security key app for iPhone and Android(I think) are free. I have used the iPhone app since early access.

So no you are not forced to buy a security key.
Aha, I'm forced to buy a smart phone instead?

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND...... Inb4 some says... "I don't have a smart phone"..........

....You are not even required to have a smart phone.. because you can get android emulators for your PC. So there really is no excuse not to have a security key.
Ok.
Why is Bioware's Customer Support not telling us that?

Berronaxftw's Avatar


Berronaxftw
04.15.2013 , 08:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND...... Inb4 some says... "I don't have a smart phone"..........

....You are not even required to have a smart phone.. because you can get android emulators for your PC. So there really is no excuse not to have a security key.
Can you provide a safe link to download these "android emulators" please? fancy giving em a go

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.15.2013 , 09:03 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Can you provide a safe link to download these "android emulators" please? fancy giving em a go
http://techtrix.hubpages.com/hub/4-B...ulators-for-PC

There are others as well.. but this page gives you a good rundown on the handful that are generally best rated.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.