Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 09:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Jaina...pretty much there is only a select few(when I mean few, I mean...few) Pre-ROTJ era that could actually take on the Jedi/Sith of the future timeline.
Don't know why think like that. That thing of "newer = better" is just a made-up idea from out of nothing. In fact, the EU and the movies itself gives us an opposite idea.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Wolfninjajedi
04.16.2013 , 09:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
Don't know why think like that. That thing of "newer = better" is just a made-up idea from out of nothing. In fact, the EU and the movies itself gives us an opposite idea.
Considering most of the feats that some of the future Jedi/Sith(and powers they have) have done compared to the older, ya it does make them better. Notice I said SOME(probably should have put that in my 1st post), not all...in fact I probably should have been more specific and said the future Skywalker/Solo family.

Outside of the family however, that is a different story but it depends on the characters.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kilikaa
04.16.2013 , 01:14 PM | #13
You seriously want to put Galen Marek, one of the most over-rated Force users ever, up against Jaina Solo? This isn't even a cntest. Jaina at 18 would mop the floor with Marek. She is a much better saber duelist and more powerful in the Force at any age than he is. Marek would be Jaina's personal PROXY training dummy.

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
You seriously want to put Galen Marek, one of the most over-rated Force users ever, up against Jaina Solo? This isn't even a cntest. Jaina at 18 would mop the floor with Marek. She is a much better saber duelist and more powerful in the Force at any age than he is. Marek would be Jaina's personal PROXY training dummy.
Lol you guys really can't speak with reason when it's about Solo Jedi. They are not godlike beings, I'll not even try to discuss with cause reason seems to leave you all when Jaina or Jacen Solo is on the table.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]

Wolfninjajedi
04.16.2013 , 02:31 PM | #15
Lol you guys really can't speak with reason when it's about Solo Jedi. They are not godlike beings, I'll not even try to discuss with cause reason seems to leave you all when Jaina or Jacen Solo is on the table.
Were not saying they are godlike beings, when did you ever see us post such a thing? Merely saying as such, that they have better feats/showings/skill of saber combat and force ability.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GarfieldJL
04.16.2013 , 02:33 PM | #16
I'm not even sure that a fight would go anywhere, I really don't see either of them being able to kill the other.

Kilikaa
04.16.2013 , 02:47 PM | #17
You are actually going to go there, knowing that most Marek fans think he is a god-like being and can't discuss him with any reason what-so-ever? You are going to criticize us Solo fans when Marek fans use the games as "proof" that he is "so powerful"? We have perfect reason to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek. She is very capable of it as she IS more powerful than he. Marek is only a little above average.

But you don't want to try and discuss it with a Jaina Solo fan because, according to your logic, we are "unreasonable when the Solo twins are on the table". We are way more reasonable than Marek fans. But you don't want to have a discussion. So I won't even bother.

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 04:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
You are actually going to go there, knowing that most Marek fans think he is a god-like being and can't discuss him with any reason what-so-ever? You are going to criticize us Solo fans when Marek fans use the games as "proof" that he is "so powerful"? We have perfect reason to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek. She is very capable of it as she IS more powerful than he. Marek is only a little above average.

But you don't want to try and discuss it with a Jaina Solo fan because, according to your logic, we are "unreasonable when the Solo twins are on the table". We are way more reasonable than Marek fans. But you don't want to have a discussion. So I won't even bother.
I'm not a Marek fan, not a Solo fan. I just think the Solo sagas are not good as some of you praise. Especially Cadeus's fall, one of the most boring and full of cliches works of EU, culminating with a very bad-written conflict, with a very sad death to a character who is taken in such a high regard.

Anyway, I never saw any comparison with a Solo Jedi who didn't ended up with their overwhelming victory. If you present a debate, I'll gladly participate, but what you mostly do is statements like "Jaina will kick his *** cause she is awesome."

Simple, present me the perfect reasons to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek, then we'll have a debate.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

ZahirS
04.16.2013 , 05:08 PM | #19
I'm not a Marek fan, not a Solo fan. I just think the Solo sagas are not good as some of you praise. Especially Cadeus's fall, one of the most boring and full of cliches works of EU, culminating with a very bad-written conflict, with a very sad death to a character who is taken in such a high regard.

Anyway, I never saw any comparison with a Solo Jedi who didn't ended up with their overwhelming victory. If you present a debate, I'll gladly participate, but what you mostly do is statements like "Jaina will kick his *** cause she is awesome."

Simple, present me the perfect reasons to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek, then we'll have a debate.
Jaina has amplified powers like telekinesis (learned from the master Kyp duron), Force Lighting, Saber training by Luke, Memory wipe, Mandalorian Training (learned of Boba Fett), also a simple thing that she is from the Skywalker family meaning they didn't have a potential limit only Anakin's potential was the limit for them.

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 05:58 PM | #20
I really don't lean to any side here, but since everyone is lining with Jaina, I'll side with Marek.

To begin, I'll just bring up some statements from Wokieepedia, to see what the so called sources that states Jaina as a so powerful being, has to say about him.

Quote:
An incredibly skilled lightsaber duelist, Marek was able to defeat the droid's training programs replicating some legendary duelists such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. Marek was able to defeat Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus and Maris Brood, and he even managed to overwhelm Shaak Ti and his former Master Darth Vader, both of whom were two of the greatest duellists of their time.
Quote:
Galen Marek was exceptionally powerful in the Force, with the potential to become one of the most powerful Force-users of all time. Emperor Palpatine believed that Marek's strength in the Force could rival his own in time. As a young adult, his abilities had developed to the point where he was able to defeat Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine in single combat
Quote:
Marek's skills with telekinesis were considerable, and he often cleared entire hallways and rooms with powerful Force pushes and repulses, and even caught TIE fighters in mid-flight.
Quote:
Through the use of telekinesis, he could, albeit with great effort, pull an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer out of the sky and force it to the ground.
Quote:
Galen Marek had the potential to be one of the most powerful Force users in Jedi and Sith history.
Quote:
He could cast energy so powerful that it would kill an opponent with a single blast, and could target more than one opponent at a time. He was also able to channel lightning attacks through his lightsaber, thus amplifying blade attacks with dark side energy. He applied lightning in a more tactical manner, charging up or shorting out certain types of machinery. His proficiency with Force lightning was evident not only in his use of the technique as an attack, but also in his ability to deflect it, as demonstrated when he battled the Emperor aboard the Death Star.
So, we can see that Marek is very far from that deffinition of "slightly above average" given by someone here. I just ask if you think that Jaina Solo, at the age of 17, would be able to outcome Vader? Do you think she would give any fight to Sidious?
THE SHEPARD LEGACY