Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 06:21 PM | #1
Galen Marek

Galen Marek, apprentice of Darth Vader and son of two Jedi Knights, is a master of the Shien lightsaber form which was taught to him by his master. However, Marek modified this form to his own use, reversing the grip of his lightsaber and wielding the blade in an unorthodox backhand style. His droid, PROXY, was programmed to simulate the fighting skills of great duelists such as Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan Kenobi, all of which Marek defeated. However, this was partially due to PROXY's inability to use the Force interfering with his ability to fight accurately like the Jedi. Marek also fought well with Soresu, the defensive form, and Juyo, the most aggressive form. He was able to defeat Rahm Kota in a duel, as well as Shaak Ti, Kazdan Paratus and, most impressively of all, Darth Vader himself.

His Force skills were greatly enhanced for one of his age; he was able to pull an entire Star Destroyer out of the sky and direct its landing up to a point. His specialization, however, was in Force lightning. His lightning was, while not nearly as powerful as that of Darth Sidious, an extremely effective tool against almost all his foes; however, it did not make him infallible. Many Jedi such as Shaak Ti were able to easily redirect Marek's lightning.

Physically, Marek was of average size and weight, having an athletic figure, although he died before reaching full maturity. Marek was physically strong, able to hold his own in lightsaber locks with physically powerful beings such as Darth Vader and Rahm Kota. He was also resilient, taking many slashes and near-misses from Vader's lightsaber during his training years. He also survived a direct abdominal stab from Vader, though this was as much due to medical aid he soon received as his own force of will.

Jaina Solo

Descendant of the Chosen One himself, Anakin Skywalker, Jaina inherited his lightsaber skills, Force abilities, and piloting skills. Solo was fast, but also aggressive and intelligent. Even with her legs glued to the ground, Jaina was able to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong warmaster Tsavong Lah, who was much more physically powerful than she was and, being a Vong, was resistant to the Force. She also managed to defeat her brother, Darth Caedus, in single combat twice, though both times Caedus was without the use of one of his arms. Jaina was named by her uncle Luke the Sword of the Jedi, and honed herself to be just that.

Force-wise, Jaina was also quite powerful. She could use telekinesis quite proficiently, and when angry she could summon Force lightning so powerful it was black. However, because this required drawing on her negative emotions, Jaina preferred not to use this, and instead focused on her lightsaber skills.

Physically, Jaina was very small, barely standing above her mother. This did not lessen her lightsaber skill, however, because she used her smaller size to her advantage.

Wolfninjajedi
04.15.2013 , 07:07 PM | #2
Just to note, Galen never pulled a Star Destroyer out of the sky. It was already falling, he just merely slowed it down so it could stop and it nearly killed himself when he was done. Still an impressive feat, but he never actually pulled it out of the sky. However this fight, Jaina...pretty much there is only a select few(when I mean few, I mean...few) Pre-ROTJ era that could actually take on the Jedi/Sith of the future timeline.

Edit: Scratch that last bit, Jaina had help from Luke so it wasn't under her own power.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 07:12 PM | #3
Oh, I forgot to say: to make it fair, since Galen is probably 18 here, tops, more likely 17, Jaina will be of the strength she possessed as of that age, specifically the final few novels of the NJO series, when she had just been named the Sword of the Jedi.

Wolfninjajedi
04.15.2013 , 07:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Oh, I forgot to say: to make it fair, since Galen is probably 18 here, tops, more likely 17, Jaina will be of the strength she possessed as of that age, specifically the final few novels of the NJO series, when she had just been named the Sword of the Jedi.
Odd enough he was 33 when he died.

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 07:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Odd enough he was 33 when he died.
You getting that from Wookieepedia? No, that's not how old he was when he died, that's how many years after the Galactic ReSynchronization (or whatever it was called) he died. He was at most 18, more likely 17; he looked about two or three when Vader found him and he died about 2 years before A New Hope, so that goes back to him being born in 19 BBY, the same year Luke was born; and since this is, again, 2 years before ANH, he'd be 17.

Wolfninjajedi
04.15.2013 , 07:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
You getting that from Wookieepedia? No, that's not how old he was when he died, that's how many years after the Galactic ReSynchronization (or whatever it was called) he died. He was at most 18, more likely 17; he looked about two or three when Vader found him and he died about 2 years before A New Hope, so that goes back to him being born in 19 BBY, the same year Luke was born; and since this is, again, 2 years before ANH, he'd be 17.
Ya I just realized I goofed on that...cause I thought about it and realized, that wouldn't be possible. I was getting confused with the calendar..

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 07:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya I just realized I goofed on that...cause I thought about it and realized, that wouldn't be possible. I was getting confused with the calendar..
Ah, that's all right.

supersnivy
04.15.2013 , 07:51 PM | #8
vader found him when he was like 4 or 5 and i read somewhere ( ithink wookiepedia) that he recieved 2 decades of training from vader

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 08:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by supersnivy View Post
vader found him when he was like 4 or 5 and i read somewhere ( ithink wookiepedia) that he recieved 2 decades of training from vader
According to Wookieepedia he's approximately 17 (born in 19, died in 2). So, however old he was when Vader found him, he certainly did not receive 2 decades of training; he wasn't even 2 decades old.

ZahirS
04.15.2013 , 10:06 PM | #10
Jaina Solo because she was trained by Mandalorians and Jedi (Luke), while Galen Marek is just a bad memory.