Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can I disable one time password?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How can I disable one time password?

darth_solarfall
04.15.2013 , 02:41 AM | #1
Hi Support,

This oversecurity that you are doing is getting really cumbersome. It is similar to what was going on when game companies initiated Starforce/Securom/etc that made real buyers unable to play with their legitimate copies of the game they bought so they rather used the cracked copies because that at least didn't bother them with overprotection.

I'm not some technical illiterate that needs to be protected from logging in from a machine that you somehow almost never recognize. I just subscribed after a week of F2P a couple days ago but I'm already tired of this process, you are constantly rolling obstacles in front of me with these security questions and one time password e-mails.

I believe that there are people who need this level of security, OK, but I would really like to switch this off on my own responsibility. Is there a way for that?

darth_solarfall
04.15.2013 , 02:45 AM | #2
Not to mention that the server just occasionally ends my session although I'm not away. Right now I subscribed for this thread then changed my Forum profile bio and when I tried to go change my avatar, whoops, let's log in again. Why?

Dassvidanja
04.15.2013 , 02:49 AM | #3
Not 100% sure on this but I hear (and can vouch myself) that an Authenticator clears this up. You can download it for Android or iOS for free.

Ribei
04.15.2013 , 03:12 AM | #4
What's it's name?

Dassvidanja
04.15.2013 , 03:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ribei View Post
What's it's name?
This should point you in the right direction:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TORSK_na&hl=en

darth_solarfall
04.15.2013 , 05:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dassvidanja View Post
This should point you in the right direction:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TORSK_na&hl=en
Thanks for the info, really, but:
1) This just gives another layer of protection while I'd like to remove one or two
2) It is incompatible with my SGS which is ridiculous

Varrad
04.15.2013 , 06:56 AM | #7
right now i'm already waiting 30 min for "one time password" arrival on my mail - when it comes straight after i try to log in it doesn't bother me much - but somethimes i need to wait really long for it to come on my email - i'd like this option removed as well somehow.
I have dynamic ip - means it changes every time i reset connection, so i get it that game is unable to authorize my PC, but whats weird is that my sister got dynamic ip as well and she doesn't need to write this stupid one time passwords...

Nyrolf
04.16.2013 , 04:03 PM | #8
Seriously, ask Steam for security tips so I don't have to enter this stupid one-time password each time. Just register the computer by hardware ids or something... this is really annoying

LycanDeimos
04.16.2013 , 06:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_solarfall View Post
Thanks for the info, really, but:
1) This just gives another layer of protection while I'd like to remove one or two
2) It is incompatible with my SGS which is ridiculous
There's always the physical security key. Thats what I've had since launch and have never had an issue with logging in. Well except when i fat finger my password

Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Colow_Leper
04.16.2013 , 06:25 PM | #10
They are insisting on "one use passwords" (they being passwords that only work once - as opposed to passwords that you only ever use once). You can do this one of two ways - either let them generate one for you (which means that they have to email it to you) or using a security key (which generates a "one time password" every time it is used).

I have a physical security key - which sit next to my PC at all times, so I have no problem with "secret questions" or one time passwords - however, I am led to believe that they are out of stock of the physical keys (and have been for some time). I would personally recommend them though (once they're back in stock).
Didn't we just leave this party?