Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel - VISA Prepaid Card

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Rise of the Hutt Cartel - VISA Prepaid Card

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bailboga
04.14.2013 , 03:08 PM | #1
Before I get into the issue, I should start by saying I have used prepaid VISA "giftcards" to purchase subscription time in the past.

However, when attempting to use one today to purchase the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, I have been unsuccessful. When I initially attempted to use the card, I was informed that the transaction couldn't be performed on that card, as it hadn't actually been fully activated by VISA. After confirming that the card has been fully activated, and the balance well exceeds the cost of the expansion and any additional fees, I tried again. This time I was able to make it through to the checkout phase, and seemingly the card had been found. However, before the transaction completed I was informed that an error had occurred, and I should try again later. After having deleted the credit card information and re-entering, I am now getting the initial error message, "we can't perform the transaction to this credit card".

I am located in Canada, if that makes a difference. Is this an issue that can be resolved by myself, do I need to contact billing support by phone, or is it unlikely to work at all?

TrueEquality
04.14.2013 , 04:11 PM | #2
if u havent you can sign your card up for online purchases through the website on the back of your card , maybe that'll work, it didnt work for me but i didnt do that till after my first purchase attempt so maybe bw put a hold on that card or something, im gonna buy a mastercard one and try again, ill post with info of what happens in a bit
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut

Boomdiddy
04.14.2013 , 04:15 PM | #3
I am also having problems using prepaid card (Mastercard for me). Tried to buy 60 day sub and Hutt cartel expansion, keep getting general error. Really ticking me off since my sub expires tomorrow. Just take my money Bioware!

KhealThar
04.14.2013 , 04:36 PM | #4
I'm also having an error. My pre-paid credit card I'm currently trying to use has well over the required amount but I keep getting an error. I've been trying to buy cartel coins but it keeps saying there is a "general error" and to try again later.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

TrueEquality
04.14.2013 , 04:51 PM | #5
pre paid mastercard didnt work, this is icky
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut

Duralous
04.14.2013 , 05:07 PM | #6
same problem, my prepaid VISA will not be accepted, I really want to start experiencing the new content pretty soon... please look into this problem and fix it ASAP, yall are losing money by not allowing this function.

uziforyou
04.14.2013 , 05:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Duralous View Post
same problem, my prepaid VISA will not be accepted, I really want to start experiencing the new content pretty soon... please look into this problem and fix it ASAP, yall are losing money by not allowing this function.
Same here as everyone else.

Well, is anyone at Bioware going to answer this thread? It's the customer service forum so you can't tell me Bioware isn't reading it................
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Duralous
04.14.2013 , 05:32 PM | #8
ya, this needs to be addressed pretty quick here or I'm just gonna give my money to someone else.

Ningiliath
04.14.2013 , 05:56 PM | #9
Same here. Wont take a prepaid Visa or Mastercard, and it's a new issue as I used a prepaid Mastercard for my last sub.

TrueEquality
04.14.2013 , 06:12 PM | #10
would be nice to know if anyone has ever bought the expansion with a pre paid card, if so how long ago?