Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

Aurbere
04.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Qui-Gon attacks Plo with a quick flurry which Plo easily blocks. Qui-Gon leaps over Plo's low strike and cuts for Plo's chin. Plo raises his blade and catches Qui-Gon. The maverick flips over Plo's head and kicks him in the kneecap. Plo falls, and Qui-Gon raises his lightsaber to strike Plo down. Plo rolls aside and blasts Qui-Gon with a Force push. Qui-Gon goes with the momentum and lands on his feet and throws his lightsaber. Plo blocks the saber aside and comes at Qui-Gon slowly but firmly. Qui-Gon begins to wear out, so he gets desperate. He leaps into the trees and hides from Plo. Then he gets behind Plo and beats him down with a combination of punches, kicks, and slashes. Plo stays resolutely where he is, blocking each of Qui-Gon's blows, wearing down the older Jedi. Despite this, Qui-Gon gets in a few good blows and injures Plo. Desperate, Plo brings in his electric judgment and brings Qui-Gon to a halt. Then, with a few moments' reprieve, he moves in and takes Qui-Gon down with his lightsaber.

Plo Koon wins. Kind of hate to say it, because I love Qui-Gon, but Plo is just a better fighter I believe.
Interesting scenario, however, I doubt Electric Judgment will come into play here. Plo Koon has only used it once (though he says he wouldn't ignore). But the scenario is plausible.

Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
Plo Koon wins. His environment-control abilities would be the downfall of Qui-Gonn. With both on their prime forms, I would give the victory Jinn, as he was considered one of the greatest duelists of the time, one of the few who could stand up against Windu, the best swordsman of the time and arguably of Galactic History. But taking Episode I as base, I don't see how Jinn can overcome Koon. They would've been a match both with force and saber skills, I think, but with Koon changing the environment, he could easily tire Jinn at an accelerated rate, opening the way for his victory.

Koon's victory on this one.
I took Qui-Gon Jinn from TPM because it gives us the best example of Qui-Gon Jinn's fighting style and physical capabilities. However, I would like to advise everyone that you should take all of Qui-Gon's abilities into account. That includes his ability to duel with Mace Windu evenly.

Basically, it is Qui-Gon in TPM, but we can consider all of Qui-Gon's skills.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 03:49 PM | #12
Edit: *Bites tongue at Marcel's post* Nvrm not the thread..

Anyway, Aurbere while right he would be faster that speed is only going to help him for so long and eventually he is gonna be worn down(which won't take long).
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
04.14.2013 , 04:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Edit: *Bites tongue at Marcel's post* Nvrm not the thread..

Anyway, Aurbere while right he would be faster that speed is only going to help him for so long and eventually he is gonna be worn down(which won't take long).
That's a good point. Simply put, I think Qui-Gon has the advantage early on and could actually win if the duel goes his way in the early game, but if the duel does drag out, Qui-Gon's advantage is gone.

Basically, Qui-Gon has to be very agressive in order win, but this works against him over time.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
04.14.2013 , 04:44 PM | #14
I just want to clear something up here.

Qui-Gon Jinn is equal, if not superior, to Plo Koon in lightsaber skill. His only downfall is that he is physically impaired. In this sense, Plo Koon is physically superior, but Qui-Gon may be more skilled (if he isn't equal to Plo Koon).

marcelo_sdk
04.14.2013 , 05:10 PM | #15
I just don't see any chance of Qui-Gonn defeating Koon that fast. Only if he manages to worn out his oxfilter, but that's unlikely to happen.

Edit: *Bites tongue at Marcel's post* Nvrm not the thread.
Why that?
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

ZahirS
04.14.2013 , 05:18 PM | #16
I give this to Plo Koon, given his knowledge of the force seems to be superior than Qui-Gon Jinn

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 05:41 PM | #17
I just don't see any chance of Qui-Gonn defeating Koon that fast. Only if he manages to worn out his oxfilter, but that's unlikely to happen.

Why that?
Apart of your post just stuck out at me, has nothing to do with the battle though hence the holding back. In fact, it also made me come to a realization so thanks.

marcelo_sdk
04.14.2013 , 06:28 PM | #18
Apart of your post just stuck out at me, has nothing to do with the battle though hence the holding back. In fact, it also made me come to a realization so thanks.
You're welcome

But I just asked out of curiosity, I was not shure if that was a good or bad thing, but if it's off-topic, let's move on.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 06:34 PM | #19
You're welcome

But I just asked out of curiosity, I was not shure if that was a good or bad thing, but if it's off-topic, let's move on.
Well...it wasn't so much good, but not bad due to a word. But anyway ya moving on.

Canino
04.14.2013 , 07:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

For one, he is faster. Djem So practitioners are noted to be slow, relying on physical strength over superior mobility. Qui-Gon Jinn, despite not using acrobatics as often as an Ataru user should, he remained very quick. When he augmented his physical self with the Force, he possessed superhuman abilities. Plo Koon has shown no such skill in this ability. While we could assume that he can, being a Jedi Guardian and all, I wouldn't assume anything.
Alter Environment gets rid of this advantage. Make the ground soft or quicksand-like around Jinn, or make the ground simply go into the water (it's a swamp). This would also tire him out as he would have to be constantly moving to evade the altering environment.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------