Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

hobbesmaster
04.13.2013 , 08:34 PM | #11
The seeds always within about 10m of one of the pools with the red dots.

Phrase
04.13.2013 , 08:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I figured the "dread plants" or whatever we should call them are pretty good clues. Granted they're not a 100% drop rate like the sensors, bark and whatnot in the dailies but if you plop down the seeker droid near those dread... things... and follow the indicator, you should find them in not too long. 9 hours? I find that hard to believe.
Yeah, 15 mins was the max i spent anywhere
Spoiler

Sixgun
The Bastion

Jeweledleah
04.13.2013 , 08:42 PM | #13
main chain is a bit of a pain without a guide. almost feels like half the tatooine lights up as possible area.
so.
many.
grays.

didn't try dailies yet, I suppose they make the main chain easier or something? I found my first seed by accident, and now I have a feeling that I missed a few areas where I could have looked futilely... for seeds at least.

its definitely a time sink.

SalmonID
04.13.2013 , 08:54 PM | #14
Then don't bother with the thing......sheesh

Darkwords
04.14.2013 , 04:19 AM | #15
I tried doing them at early launch, got frustrated and refuse to attempt now. I deleted them from my logs...

Learn from the HK scan quests.

Monthigos
04.14.2013 , 05:17 AM | #16
I have nothing really to add other than what everyone else has said. Once you figure out how everything works, the seeker stuff is actually quite easy, including the dread seed stuff. The mods you dig up from treasure areas are green (66) and are useful for gearing up companions. Some of the seeker Makeb dailies are faster to complete than the combat based dailies. The GSI dailies on various planets are more time consuming but a waste of time? I guess that depends on what kind of gameplay you find enjoyable.
Forum Winner

DarthTHC
04.19.2013 , 07:15 PM | #17
These seeker droid missions (the main chain) are absolutely horrid. I've spend over 20 minutes in the same crappy spot on Tatooine and can't find the stupid seed.

I know how to use the thing. I use the buffs. I go the right direction and a short distance based on what it tells me. All I get are grays and mods.

It's making me want to quit the game. How *********** stupid is this game mechanic?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Tsillah
04.19.2013 , 07:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
These seeker droid missions (the main chain) are absolutely horrid. I've spend over 20 minutes in the same crappy spot on Tatooine and can't find the stupid seed.

I know how to use the thing. I use the buffs. I go the right direction and a short distance based on what it tells me. All I get are grays and mods.

It's making me want to quit the game. How *********** stupid is this game mechanic?
Oh god are you quitting again?

If you hate it so much, don't do it. I actually quite enjoy it. It's good to have some other things to do than just killing stuff all the time. So I think these and the macrobinoculars quests are a great addition to the game. And entirely optional.

And I could tell you all about how silly it is to want to quit the game over something that is entirely optional, but then it's you DarthTHC....guess you found something new to ***** about and quit over....again.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

nateslice
04.19.2013 , 07:35 PM | #19
I've been reverse engineering all the mods I find and I've been able to skip that intermediate step on the way to quite a few purple recipes for free. Seems worthwhile to me!
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

jedip_enguin
04.19.2013 , 07:51 PM | #20
Technically the whole game is a waste of time.

You just don't enjoy wasting it on this particular aspect.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh