Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

TazzXmanXDL
04.13.2013 , 03:15 AM | #1
Using the seeker droid is pointless. Even with using the so called buffs that supposedly enhance its operation it still is not worth what my dog left in the back yard after having an upset stomach. I will hand it to the creators, they did come up with a good idea but clearly that is where the though process stopped and it all turned to junk. This thing can't pin point the side of a barn let alone anything under the ground. Do yourself a favor, complete the missions for it for the XP but skip anything else related to it as it is absolutely worthless.
Many mysteries live with in the force.

Slivovidze
04.13.2013 , 03:17 AM | #2
And when it finds anything, is it something useless, or something of actual use?

(sorry I don't have early access so I don't have a clue what that thing does)

Pscyon
04.13.2013 , 03:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
And when it finds anything, is it something useless, or something of actual use?
Loot of all kinds. I've mainly gotten modifications though. But I guess loot you can use to upgrade gear or gear you can put on GTN is "worthless" seeing as OP insists on it.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more cartel coins each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Kiaxn
04.13.2013 , 03:30 AM | #4
seen the reward you get from the dreadseed quest <3 ... worth the time in my opinion

tzagheru
04.13.2013 , 03:38 AM | #5
complete waste of time and so are the rewards at the end of chains.

TheNahash
04.13.2013 , 04:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TazzXmanXDL View Post
Using the seeker droid is pointless. Even with using the so called buffs that supposedly enhance its operation it still is not worth what my dog left in the back yard after having an upset stomach. I will hand it to the creators, they did come up with a good idea but clearly that is where the though process stopped and it all turned to junk. This thing can't pin point the side of a barn let alone anything under the ground. Do yourself a favor, complete the missions for it for the XP but skip anything else related to it as it is absolutely worthless.
I completely disagree. I've had no trouble finding anything in any mission.
The key to completing them is actually...reading what the quest says.

If you go blindly looking for the right spot to dig, you will of course have a very hard time finding what you're looking for.
BUT
the quest every single time gives you a clue what you should be looking for. For example it might say that what you are looking for is in a specific area (which is highlighted on your map) AND close to/below an X item (which is not highlighted on your map).

So, for instance, in one of the GSI quests on Alderaan it shows you the area you should search in AND tells you that the item you're looking for is below some polluted plants. If you dig right on top of those plants, you will 100% find the item you are looking for.

Another example, on Tatooine in the GSI quest that's near the spaceport, it says you should look for some "overhead sensors" and that the items you're looking for are below them. The area you're looking in is rather small, but the sensors can be a bit hard to spot. So you can use your macrobinoculars to help you spot them and then dig in the area below those sensors.

The only bad thing about these quests is that they take too long because they are scattered throughout each of the planets you have to visit, but no one said you should do them ALL every single time. After all, there is a cap to both the classic comms you can get in a week and the GSI reputation. So you can pick the 10 you need for your weekly and you're done for the week.

tl;dr:
It's not hard if you know HOW to look, not only where.

Phrase
04.13.2013 , 05:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
tl;dr:
100% this. The makeb dailies are super easy once you know what the spawns look like. And as far as finding the treasure hunting areas to dig up mods:
Spoiler

An innovative gameplay mechanic that's a fun diversion imo.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Firebyrde
04.13.2013 , 08:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I completely disagree. I've had no trouble finding anything in any mission.
The key to completing them is actually...reading what the quest says.

If you go blindly looking for the right spot to dig, you will of course have a very hard time finding what you're looking for.
BUT
the quest every single time gives you a clue what you should be looking for. For example it might say that what you are looking for is in a specific area (which is highlighted on your map) AND close to/below an X item (which is not highlighted on your map).

So, for instance, in one of the GSI quests on Alderaan it shows you the area you should search in AND tells you that the item you're looking for is below some polluted plants. If you dig right on top of those plants, you will 100% find the item you are looking for.

Another example, on Tatooine in the GSI quest that's near the spaceport, it says you should look for some "overhead sensors" and that the items you're looking for are below them. The area you're looking in is rather small, but the sensors can be a bit hard to spot. So you can use your macrobinoculars to help you spot them and then dig in the area below those sensors.

The only bad thing about these quests is that they take too long because they are scattered throughout each of the planets you have to visit, but no one said you should do them ALL every single time. After all, there is a cap to both the classic comms you can get in a week and the GSI reputation. So you can pick the 10 you need for your weekly and you're done for the week.

tl;dr:
Incorrect. In the main questline there are NO clues. Ex: "Use your seeker droid to collect the seeds from Alderaan, Balmorra, and Voss."

It doesn't say to look under trees, sensors, etc. I've been there for 3 days now and spent 9 hours scanning near and around the indicated area.

Pscyon
04.13.2013 , 08:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Firebyrde View Post
Incorrect. In the main questline there are NO clues. Ex: "Use your seeker droid to collect the seeds from Alderaan, Balmorra, and Voss."

It doesn't say to look under trees, sensors, etc. I've been there for 3 days now and spent 9 hours scanning near and around the indicated area.
I figured the "dread plants" or whatever we should call them are pretty good clues. Granted they're not a 100% drop rate like the sensors, bark and whatnot in the dailies but if you plop down the seeker droid near those dread... things... and follow the indicator, you should find them in not too long. 9 hours? I find that hard to believe.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more cartel coins each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Vandicus
04.13.2013 , 08:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Firebyrde View Post

TheNahash is referring to things like the dailies, which do in fact have specific markers. As for the dread seeds,they aren't particularly difficult. The post-scan directional indicator has a range of 30m, so its not actually all that difficult to narrow down where they are.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!