Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkPharohEclip
04.09.2013 , 01:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CaseyMRiley View Post
in my fully augmented EWH set, I have ~2000 main stat

if I take literally every single item I have off (i.e., going completely naked), I gain 200 main stat, for a total of ~2200. in addition, my endurance and expertise go up, though I don't remember by how much

if this does not get patched before the 14th, Bioware has lost my sub.
If they don't fix something they will lose my sub, this bolster system just doesn't feel right, and the fact you can pvp naked and have better stats.

skotish
04.09.2013 , 01:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
If they don't fix something they will lose my sub, this bolster system just doesn't feel right, and the fact you can pvp naked and have better stats.
There should have been a gear check added after the nakid issues was found on the pts
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Twin
04.09.2013 , 01:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Yeah im thinking the same thing tbh...
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln

Glower
04.09.2013 , 02:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
guess the broken PTS warzones didnt change much before they went live.
Lol... nice work bioware!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Draekos
04.09.2013 , 02:18 AM | #25
Yea it's a trainwreck. My PvP geared characters are in EWH/WH and are around 1600 expertise. Meanwhile my mid 30s guardian with not exactly up to date mods has 2k. Main stat and health are much higher as well.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Vildiil
04.09.2013 , 02:20 AM | #26
I'm getting million+ heals in games wearing nothing but my weapon atm, seems to be working alright!
Prophecy of the Five/Jedi Covenant - Izumi Legacy
Naomil/Jindiaru/Ja'xo/Chitanda - LD-Fifty
My PvP stream

Taankjr
04.09.2013 , 02:21 AM | #27
i just took off all of my gear and surprise (well not a surprise)! I have better stats running naked.

ty very much bw, i was dreaming to have the bolster that will bring on par players who actually spent a lot of time to get their gear with ones who are willing to run naked.

Well done indeed.

Princz
04.09.2013 , 02:21 AM | #28
Is the feeling the same like playing a 49 toon in lowbie WZs?
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

DarkPharohEclip
04.09.2013 , 02:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
Yea it's a trainwreck. My PvP geared characters are in EWH/WH and are around 1600 expertise. Meanwhile my mid 30s guardian with not exactly up to date mods has 2k. Main stat and health are much higher as well.
Basically , the crappier the gear the better it is for you in pvp now.... Nothing fair about this... YOu get better stats for being bad or for just not having proper gear... So there is still a disadvantage, just in favor of the crappy geared players.

SystemProcess
04.09.2013 , 02:27 AM | #30
This is just a tad ridiculous. I played a few PvP matches after the patch went live this evening, and I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. I was on one team of all 50s, and we all had around the same health give or take a few thousand; nothing wrong with this. My next match, I was in a motley crew of random levels, and I noticed that a level 41 mercenary had over 10k health more than my level 50 assassin in PvP gear.

I proceeded to get 2 shot throughout the next matches by lowbies, even when I went Darkness. Before the patch? As Darkness I was pretty darn hard to kill, at least solo. As deception? I didn't rock the charts (only hit 50 a day or two ago on that toon), but I definitely held my own, got objectives, controlled the field, and still did decent damage.

Now I'm lucky if I live long enough to get 3 attacks off against a 38 sorc.

What happened?
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy