Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skotish
04.09.2013 , 01:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zican View Post
My WH sniper has 20k hp in warzones, while my 50 jug in 47-49 gear (although purps, if that makes a difference) has 27k hp in dps spec (as well as max expertise). Either bolster isn't working right, or geared pvp players are suppose to suck until they hit 53-54 in the 30-54 bracket.
Looks like the pts never changed one bit BW don't have a frikken clue
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

BatmanBinSuprman
04.09.2013 , 01:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zican View Post
My WH sniper has 20k hp in warzones, while my 50 jug in 47-49 gear (although purps, if that makes a difference) has 27k hp in dps spec (as well as max expertise). Either bolster isn't working right, or geared pvp players are suppose to suck until they hit 53-54 in the 30-54 bracket.
interesting.. sounds like it is indeed not working as intended. another bioware screw up >=/

Aumeer
04.09.2013 , 01:28 AM | #13
I pvp naked. It works well. Something is broken.
Aumeer of Bloodfin

WRATH HQ|WRATH|WRATH Site

Twidgel
04.09.2013 , 01:30 AM | #14
lol at "fair" & "even" terms. You grind to rise in level, you grind to get BiS. Giving people stats that you earned makes the whole time and effort pointless. Bolster was meant to make lowbies competitive ENOUGH to hang in the larger pools of WZ levels. Ideally WZ would be grouped tighter 10-20, 30-40, etc. Obviously you'd never get a Que pop. And if the 2.0 Bolster gives PvE gear equal/better expertise in WZ , then PvP gear in PvE should give a main stat "bolster".

All I can say is the main reason I quit WOW was the way they handed out everything i spent years getting. I'm already getting that vibe in SWTOR.
Stop exploding you cowards!

DarkPharohEclip
04.09.2013 , 01:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BatmanBinSuprman View Post
That's the thing... the last time i checked expertise was suppose to make pvp fights last longer... not shorter.

The fact that they think it's a good idea to reduce dmg taken from expertise and deal more player dmg at the same time..... what's the point of having expertise in the first place?

With this kind of mindset ^, the pvp in this game is gonna remain crap.
Dude did you not read any of the **** I been saying. The fights are not longer at all , they ARE shorter, and **** is out of hand. *********** MMO noobs.

Get in there and play a game for yourself dude instead of talking about it on the forums... Obviously you don't pvp or you would have noticed some of this by now.

supafreak
04.09.2013 , 01:35 AM | #16
guess the broken PTS warzones didnt change much before they went live.
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

CaseyMRiley
04.09.2013 , 01:36 AM | #17
in my fully augmented EWH set, I have ~2000 main stat

if I take literally every single item I have off (i.e., going completely naked), I gain 200 main stat, for a total of ~2200. in addition, my endurance and expertise go up, though I don't remember by how much

if this does not get patched before the 14th, Bioware has lost my sub.

Tyranthax
04.09.2013 , 01:37 AM | #18
If you just separate pvp by 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-55 Cross server you would not have to worry about **** like this.

"May the Flare be with You!"
Master Conspirator

Zican
04.09.2013 , 01:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by skotish View Post
Looks like the pts never changed one bit BW don't have a frikken clue
It has changed, but my guess would be they didn't test level 50 with BiS in the 30-54 bracket since almost all testing on the PTS was level 55. At level 55 I'm guessing the good level 50 gear will bolster like all the other gear people are using (or even at level 53-54 using the good 50 gear). So either just an oversight or just a straight up bug.

Twin
04.09.2013 , 01:40 AM | #20
Is it a fact that something is messed up with bolster or are people not giving it a chance? -I was looking forward to pvp tonight after work =(

I know i read some concerns about bolster being bugged on PTS forums, and that ppl could run around naked etc - but i (stupidly?) assumed they obviously would have fixed that before pushing it on Live...
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln