You killed my guild when...

you made us go back to Denova for NiM after we'd spent months on end tired of it. 75% of my guild left for another MMO.

So now TFB NiM, after months of us doing it will soon roll around....granted TFB encounters are abit more cool....but...

Please stop killing guilds.

yeah no kidding. I really despise that there are 3 difficulties that come out with huge delays between them. That is not new content that is doing the same old content with only a couple changes. Nightmare Denova was pretty underwhelming. I am not even looking forward to nightmare tfb because its the same content that I spent months clearing...its boring. Please just give us 2 modes...hardmode should be nightmare mode and Storymode can stay the same so the casual players can still get their story fix. Please BW stop making new modes of the same old content and actually give us something new!

you made us go back to Denova for NiM after we'd spent months on end tired of it. 75% of my guild left for another MMO.

So now TFB NiM, after months of us doing it will soon roll around....granted TFB encounters are abit more cool....but...

same situation for my guild, we were PVE guild and lots of peeps leaved

but

now we are PVP guild , did ~ 400 ranked during last 5 months

Thank you Bioware <3

Edited by zhradik

same situation for my guild, we were PVE guild and lots of peeps leaved

but

now we are PVP guild , did ~ 400 ranked during last 5 months

Thank you Bioware <3

Haha, my guild is also a PvE guild, but many of us have been PvPing extensively recently. Each patch, we race to down the content (fairly competitively), then we're done... and PvP. I love PvP though, so it's all good with me. I feel pretty bad for people who only enjoy either PvP or PvE though.

What I don't get is people not liking the "new" content as in "same stuff but with more health and damage on mobs" but they absolutely love the 5 (or is it 6) pvp maps for months on end? :rak_02:

Seriously guys, pvp here is boring, unimaginative and does not require much skill. Did I say it was boring?

What I don't get is people not liking the "new" content as in "same stuff but with more health and damage on mobs" but they absolutely love the 5 (or is it 6) pvp maps for months on end? :rak_02:

Seriously guys, pvp here is boring, unimaginative and does not require much skill. Did I say it was boring?

yeah I burned out on the warzones long ago too. I actually prefer world pvp but since there is no reward or benefit for doing world pvp it is very rare to actually see any happening. I mean you don't even earn valor for killing someone in the world. I liked their original idea with mercenary tokens but they never really implemented the merc comms properly. They should have rewarded them for world pvp in certain zones. I would love it if they would add world pvp objectives that helped people in the entire zone and gave some incentives to do world pvp. I guess I can only dream since BW is only focused on cartel market whoring now.

I kind of agree with this. Except my guild was maimed (not killed, just put in critical condition for a while) during the long period of time in which there was nothing for us to do but EC HM. We're a little slower on progression than some, so we're hoping to finally beat the last boss in TFB HM this week before the patch goes live , but we aren't really keen on the idea of going back to either EC NiM or TFB NiM, and very much looking forward to Scum and Villainy.

I appreciate the 3 levels of difficulty, but it seems like new content is released too infrequently. Hopefully they'll get the next Operation out sooner.

I won't go so far as to say I don't want NiM TFB...I think it's good to have more stuff out there to do and progress through. What I just calculated out though was that it took 5.5 months to get TFB relased (after EC) and 6.5 to get SV out (after TFB). For me, that time has passed a lot faster, but it is interesting to think about.

So, you want less content? Should you file a police report about the person holding a gun to your head forcing you to run a certain OP?

I have to admit, with all the complaining and whining, at least this is novel.

So, you want less content? Should you file a police report about the person holding a gun to your head forcing you to run a certain OP?

I have to admit, with all the complaining and whining, at least this is novel.

I don't respond to dumb-assery.

So, you want less content?

On the contrary. I want more content, not the same content recycled multiple times with harder hitting bosses and maybe one new mechanic thrown in per fight. It's a tiresome system that hadn't exactly done Blizzard games any favours either, last I saw.

The storymode-hardmode setup is pretty acceptable, since there's currently been no real incentive to do new ops on storymode for progression raiders, other than if they're wanting codex entries or to get a feel for each fight with training wheels on. But after doing HM Denova for literally months, I can't say I was massively enthusiastic to go back and do it all again on the nearly identical NM.

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. The problem is that not many have much tolerance and patience anymore towards slow and incompetent development. This is not 2004 ... The more BW is postponing raids and nightmare modes, the less people I can play with. Coupled with the impossibility of server transfer, I'll soon simply have no other choice but to move to TESO or some other MMO in which I'll (hopefully) have a decent amount of competent people around me. With F2P and cartel market I actually saw more raiders leave, only to be replaced by the F2P tourists who don't even have an interest to step into story mode, let alone tackle nightmare mode.

As we have seen, EC NiM did not justify such a long postponement by any stretch of the imagination. During that time I saw so many raiders leave the game, either leaving for a much better raiding environment in MoP or simply to other "greener pastures", it's not even funny. After six months the so-called NiM proved to be one or two new mechanics per boss - I mean, seriously, the "new" thing about Zorn & Toth was the use of a medpack at the start of the fight, seriously? Everything else is just quantitative increase of difficulty, meaning they haven't actually changed the NiM since their first iteration in EV, KP.

The future of raiding in SWTOR ... it doesn't look bright, maybe the achievements will brighten things up, but they're basically the same as the previous codex entries (kill X boss while staying alive; complete the raid in 2 hours' time). Scum & Villainy HM is quite laughable, and for some reason TFB will still get no NiM, meaning we will have to farm HM again for months on end (been farming it since the first week of release).

But hey, at least we won't be farming EC anymore. Dat moment when you realize you've been farming it for almost a year (1.2 released in April 2012) ...

Incoming even greater destitution of the Empire side on TOFN :(

Edited by Krewel

The OP may have a valid point... but why is this just being posted now, almost 6 months after NiM EC released and a few days before S&V goes live?

Because TFB is being bumped up to level 55 standard.

He's bringing it up because bioware are repeating their mistakes.

Bioware killed my guild when the guild spent months getting an elite group of players together on the Dalborra server geared and into a 16man wrecking squad. We had EC HM on farm and got 16m Keph down and a month later TfB came out:

We cleared SM in one night and destroyed HM 2 days later on 2 8man HM teams.

The leadership lost interest in the game and the guild fell apart. A guild of 30 odd raiders quit the game in one week, only 3 players stayed, and when I log on from time to time it is just dormant characters that will never be reactivated laying waste.

GG Bioware.

Edited by PseudoScience

Its not a mistake for them it's a decision

The two aren't mutually exclusive, y'know.

I lol'd at "made us go back to"

Did Bioware send people to your house and put guns to your guild's head and say 'You better do the Nightmare mode or *********** else!'

Obviously the most logical interpertation, instead of, I don't know, "we were made to go back if we actually wanted relevant content to continue playing through, something a subscription MMO is supposed to provide".

Oh right, this is the internet. Logic is in short supply.

Edited by Bleeters

I lol'd at "made us go back to"

Did Bioware send people to your house and put guns to your guild's head and say 'You better do the Nightmare mode or *********** else!'

If they're doing that, then something needs to be done!

I doubt they are, so OP, stop complaining, you don't have to go and do TfB NiM

Nightmare TFB is not new content...its old content with a couple new skills or maybe a mechanic if you are lucky. It doesn't matter though because you are killing the same guys you have been killing for months...its boring. Give us something that is actually new! We don't need 3 modes. Just a nightmare and a story mode for the casuals please.

Nightmare TFB is not new content...its old content with a couple new skills or maybe a mechanic if you are lucky. It doesn't matter though because you are killing the same guys you have been killing for months...its boring. Give us something that is actually new! We don't need 3 modes. Just a nightmare and a story mode for the casuals please.

TFB NIM wasnt supposed to be in 2.0.....

TFB SM and TFB HM are level 55, i dont think nightmare is supposed to exist..

The next patches are going to include S&V NiM aswell, and TFB NiM by my guess, as those arent included. Whoopie

hmmm, maybe you should cut down the amount of times you do ops? cause if you constantly do anything, you get severely bored with it.

So, why not do them less and it will make the game last longer, hence why I have played several characters and still never space bar through anything beyond non-speech shuttle trips and non-basic speech.

Then again, I have never been a hardcore raider in other mmos, so maybe its different for hardcore raider.

TFB NIM wasnt supposed to be in 2.0.....

TFB SM and TFB HM are level 55, i dont think nightmare is supposed to exist..

The next patches are going to include S&V NiM aswell, and TFB NiM by my guess, as those arent included. Whoopie

dur not the point of my post. I'm saying the 3 modes are completely unnecessary and that we should only get a nightmare and a story mode. I really hope they stop recycling the old content because that is what killed WOW for me.