Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Improve finder With a dam ETA timer plz

tamaska
04.04.2013 , 04:15 PM | #1
they need to add the waiting time on the Finder because it saves waiting soooooooo long when you don't even know the ETA would help BIG TIME

Logisitcs
04.04.2013 , 04:17 PM | #2
I'm not trying to troll or anything like that but...

Why is this still not X-server yet?

tamaska
04.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #3
am a lvl 50 dps and its always hard to get on a group on the finder when you don't even know how long you gotta wait like all mmog games if your a tank or healer of course you get in right away but i really hate being tho 2 classes

cabled
04.04.2013 , 05:03 PM | #4
and how would you even calculate eta when its dependent on people joining the queue?
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Seireeni
04.04.2013 , 05:17 PM | #5
Or they could put an updating number of how many people of your combat role is before you in that queue. I.e. You join the queue as dps for hammer station and Athiss. You see that there are 7 dps before you queueing for Hammer Station and 8 dps before you in Athiss queue. Soon the number updates to 5 dps before you for Hammer Station when 2 of them get to fp run. Then you could calculate a kind of "ETA" yourself.

RandomXChance
04.04.2013 , 05:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Or they could put an updating number of how many people of your combat role is before you in that queue. I.e. You join the queue as dps for hammer station and Athiss. You see that there are 7 dps before you queueing for Hammer Station and 8 dps before you in Athiss queue. Soon the number updates to 5 dps before you for Hammer Station when 2 of them get to fp run. Then you could calculate a kind of "ETA" yourself.
Just what I was thinking, although for under level 50 is would be difficult to really calculate since you have overlapping brackets of what FP people are able to queue for. For level 50 and up it would be nice to see when you queue that "46 DPS are ahead of you" and a periodic update.

StefanInter
04.04.2013 , 05:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tamaska View Post
am a lvl 50 dps and its always hard to get on a group on the finder when you don't even know how long you gotta wait like all mmog games if your a tank or healer of course you get in right away but i really hate being tho 2 classes
Make friends with tanks/healers. Problem solved.
SWTOR

Radzkie
04.04.2013 , 05:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanInter View Post
Make friends with tanks/healers. Problem solved.
That or roll as one or the other.

My main is a healer, and my second most active character is a tank. I have lots of tank friends who ask my healer to que with them, and my girlfriend is my tanks pocket healer.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>

tamaska
04.04.2013 , 06:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
That or roll as one or the other.

My main is a healer, and my second active character is a tank . I have lots of tank friends who ask my healer to que with them, and my girlfriend is my tanks pocket healer.
like i said if you role a tank or healer your get right also some people don't like being tanks or healers but as a dps you don't know where you are on the Q list to get in that's the whole point of this topic to get them to make it show you the placement in the Q system so you know where you are

Think of it like the Raid / Dungeon Finder from world of Warcraft we need for this

Likomg
04.04.2013 , 07:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
I'm not trying to troll or anything like that but...

Why is this still not X-server yet?
Because it would not fix a single problem -- you would still have too many dps and too few tanks / healers. It would actually make things worse for those currently on servers where the wait is tolerable.