Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I have lost my raid spot... thanks to Bioware.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
I have lost my raid spot... thanks to Bioware.

DonkeyGobbler
04.05.2013 , 07:26 AM | #41
There's a lot of past tense writing from the OP, for something which isn't even live yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by ratiphi View Post
Now my guild's raid leader (and myself) have no idea how madness DPS is going to fair at level 55. Therefore, I have officially lost my raid spot.
its not my guild leader's fault that Bioware screwed the class up.
Some comments:

1. If your raid leader has dropped you before changes even take effect (and not knowing how they'll pan out), find a new guild.
2. I'd rather have a skillful player using a sub-par class than an unskilled player using the Flavour Of The Month class. Class type doesn't down a boss, skill does.
3. I don't believe there's any PVE content in the game that cannot be completed with any class.

_biddan_
04.05.2013 , 08:38 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
you loose a spot cause you getting a nerf.

nice guild m8, shows they support you alot
what he said,if they removed you from their group because of a nerf thay are a bunch of unsupportive *****,just leave the guild.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Grumpftard
04.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #43
I'm gonna have to take a couple whacks at this dead horse.
I'm pretty much gonna have to agree with everyone else....time for a new guild.
You say "hardcore" guild. What do you mean?
From the little tid bits I've gathered from comments.....
Running Maras and PTs that put out sub optimal Dps
The willingness to drop a player solely on class choice
The willingness to drop a class based on sketchy info since 2.0 isn't even live yet.
It sounds to me like a group that probably chews A LOT of glass.... More so than is probably productive.
The kind of guild willing to grind EC NiM 5 hours a day, 7 days a week with no progress.... Is that hardcore?
Is it a group that can just crush any content? Because then it sounds like the guild is not hardcore but rather just a bit elitist. From what is described by the OP, it sounds more like the former.
Time for a new guild.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

Sosajoshua
04.05.2013 , 11:39 AM | #44
I dont have an Assassin but i have noticed in my server that there does not seem to be so many Sin DPS doing PvE. They just seem to stick to PvP where they are still doing great. Im actually curious as to why this may be or if others have seen this. In my first guild 90% of the members where Inquisitors so we always had 2 Sorc dps and 2 Sin dps for 8-man raids. Now in my latest guild we dont seem to have any or at least none that are mains or even DPS. While i have a leveling Shadow for PvP purposes only I am really curious about Sin dps in Raids/Ops and may level one up to see the difference.

All-in-all....anyone else see this issue or has an idea why?
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Sosajoshua
04.05.2013 , 11:41 AM | #45
Grump you are in Torva nex? So wed be on the same server have you noticed this on Jedi Covenant?
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

gravegiver
04.05.2013 , 11:48 AM | #46
The much better question is what server are you and whats your guild name so everyone knows that guild isn't worth our time in case we want to raid. Because any leader who makes decisions on information that isn't actualized yet isn't fit to be a raid leader. Its people like this that seriously erode a good experience in a raid environment. This is coming from a person who raided in pre bc and got to Naxxramas where I still believe attunement is the best raid environment tool ever made to really make "hardcore" you think your a part of a reality.
Especially as someone else stated grinding a instance is not hardcore. But your raid leader seems like a genius I heard from a unreliable source that in 2.1 Operatives are going to get a 300% modifier to backstab and corrosive dart will always double tick no matter the spec. So soon in your raid group it should be all operatives right because they have scamper defense screen and dodge so they have great defensive cds as a melee and proficient AOE's. Lastly why is this person your raid leader if they don't grasp skill over gear yet?

TheMarmalade
04.05.2013 , 12:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by gravegiver View Post
The much better question is what server are you and whats your guild name so everyone knows that guild isn't worth our time in case we want to raid.
This is an excellent question. Sounds like a guild that nobody should ever bother fading with.

Bomyne
04.05.2013 , 12:15 PM | #48
I used to be one of the top dps in my guild. I was taken to almost every HM and NM operation as melee dps. As a madness Assassin I could always out dps marauders on a single target. Then the PTS came out. Assassins got completely screwed up by Bioware. Now my guild's raid leader (and myself) have no idea how madness DPS is going to fair at level 55. Therefore, I have officially lost my raid spot. In order to get my raid spot back again I have to wait and see if the class is even viable anymore at 55 and then prove myself all over again to my guild. All confidence in my class has been shot. I am trying to figure out if I even want to continue playing this game. Thanks Bioware. You really screwed me over this time.
All classes are viable.

Also the PTS is the PTS. Bugs can occur and the PTS should NEVER be considered representive of the final product.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Grumpftard
04.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
Grump you are in Torva nex? So wed be on the same server have you noticed this on Jedi Covenant?
Kinda, I do see several on or server. We had a few in or guild. Some damn good ones too. Now we are down to one, the others switched spec due a tank shortage on a couple of our raid teams. And one just quit the game in total.
But I still with some every so often.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

VigDiath
04.05.2013 , 12:24 PM | #50
Yeah, Shadow has been my main for the entirety of me playing this game. This is going to change in 2.0. I'll be giving my GS more play now unless I plan on Tanking every FP and Ops.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)