Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

prediction: RWZ season 1 champion team composition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
prediction: RWZ season 1 champion team composition

Xerain
04.07.2013 , 02:21 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
The burst is still good. Great, even. The concern is what happens after your burst. Sustained damage has a lot of questions in a competent PvP setting in comparison to pre-2.0.
Have you played deception at all? After that it's all Voltaic Slash and your normal hit to build up for everything else. Deception will keep bursting and

ebado
04.07.2013 , 07:29 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Have you played deception at all? After that it's all Voltaic Slash and your normal hit to build up for everything else. Deception will keep bursting and
This really shouldn't be derailed into a discussion on Assassin / Shadow changes, but my intent wasn't "OMG what do I possibly do after the opening burst I am so dumb I don't know what buttons to hit?" It was whether your sustained damage is effective in a PvP setting. The Voltaic / Clairvoyant (mainly no longer buffing Shock damage and make the spec over reliant on 3-stack discharge) make consistent sustained damage a question mark. There are much better threads to discuss mechanics in, however.

In relation to this thread, I think saying Deception is a question mark is more than fair.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

Z-ToXiN
04.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
That was a misconception by this guy, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602856, then he post a goodbye forever post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=610198.

I know Deception will hit like a truck, and in my honest opinion its the only counter to snipers.

Having a Deception in a party come 2.0 will be a good idea, maybe not all team comps but I honestly think it could work well.
Its not so much that Deception by itself was nerfed, its that Wakas 0/27/14 Deception/Madness hybrid was nerfed. Which sucks, because I loved that build too. it was a sweet 1v1 and off node capturing spec.

Full Deception, looking at the skill tree alone, appears to have been improved in 2.0. But I hated playing full deception so Im not too sure.

As for the winning composition - whatever Hey im mvp does is my bet.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

ChickenWangs
04.07.2013 , 12:53 PM | #44
This would be my team comp

Lolsmash
Lolsmash
Powertech PT
Operative Concealment
Assassin hybrid tank
Jug tank
Operative healer
Sorcerer healer

Lolsmash double smashes the healer, PT attacks dps with Operative, healers defended by their tanks

In reality teams will be

Sniper
sniper
lolsmash
lolsmash
assassin hybrid
assassin hybrid
operative healer
sorcerer healer
The Dominator Legacy
Robertson - Vanguard
Markussemaj - Mercenary
Jamesemaj - Sentinel

RankorSSGS
04.07.2013 , 12:54 PM | #45
The problem with assassin dps is that once the opener is over, we kinda suck. And typically in RWZs where it's one giant fight at the middle for the whole match, we will not be leaving combat very often, so not very many resets on Recklessness. Blowing our cloak just for Recklessness resets is typically a bad idea, we need it as an escape when we get focused. Snipers, smashers, carnage mara's, the newly buffed dps sorcs, and pyro PT's can almost match our opening burst, without all the suck in between. As someone who mains the class, I still do not see us wanted as anything other than node guards, but the fact that we are even having this conversation is giving me some hope.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Z-ToXiN
04.07.2013 , 02:47 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
The problem with assassin dps is that once the opener is over, we kinda suck. And typically in RWZs where it's one giant fight at the middle for the whole match, we will not be leaving combat very often, so not very many resets on Recklessness. Blowing our cloak just for Recklessness resets is typically a bad idea, we need it as an escape when we get focused. Snipers, smashers, carnage mara's, the newly buffed dps sorcs, and pyro PT's can almost match our opening burst, without all the suck in between. As someone who mains the class, I still do not see us wanted as anything other than node guards, but the fact that we are even having this conversation is giving me some hope.
Thats exactly it. Especially with 0/27/14. Youve got that great Recklessness burst that will bring people down to 30% to 50% health, but after that it lacks burst until your next Recklessness (except for maul proc crits and executes, but those are situational and not always reliable or available).

Which is why its such a great 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 spec. In those small fights you can hit 1 person really hard really fast (below 50% with 3 abilities) , then you can easily get them down below 30% for the Execute and the quick kill. So the wait between Recklessness doesn't really come into play. But in larger group fights your DPS is much weaker in between those bursts. And when you get your burst on someone, if they get healed up quickly its harder to take them down. Which is why I prefer to attack off nodes in regs where you get those smaller fights rather than go with the main group, thats what the build is best suited for, not for larger fights.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

schooch
04.07.2013 , 03:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by jolleebindu View Post
interesting, you appear to be the first to include sages as just dps. (aside from one having their sage healer switch to dps for vs offense)
Why/what do you think others are missing?
Well sages and GS are interchangeable so I throw them in to change it up.
Markoss-Commando medic

cashogy_reborn
04.07.2013 , 05:11 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
Well sages and GS are interchangeable so I throw them in to change it up.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Caeliux
04.07.2013 , 05:37 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
As for the winning composition - whatever Hey im mvp does is my bet.
You do understand there is other guilds doing different comps and succeeding as good or better than <Hey I am MVP> in pacific warzones.

Stop with the fanboy opinion, I can hear the slobber of drool a mile away.

On topic:

I think a comp would be worthy as a main group in 2.0 that goes like this,

Vanguard Tank
Shadow Tank
Sent Smash
Guardian Smash or Vigilance or Shadow Deception or Scoundrel Scrapper
Gunslinger Dirty Fighting
Sage Tek or Commando
Scoundrel Heals or Commando
Sage Healer

I think Vanguard Tank will be amazing in 2.0, smash for sent don't need to explain, and far as sage tek I think sage dps will be insane in 2.0.

I do think scrapper and deception will be the counter to the cluster of range, so puting them in a slot will be something some teams can't pass up on vs teams that stack range.

my 2 pennies

ambitiousapple
04.07.2013 , 06:16 PM | #50
1. Operative Heals
2. Sorc Heals
3. Pyro PT Dps
4. Leth Sniper Dps
5. Engi Sniper Utility
6. Rage Mara Dps
7. Jugg Tank
8. Sin Node Def
F u w a h / P r o x