Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People not properly playing their roles

Kitru
04.07.2013 , 08:30 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If incinerate is interrupted and the energy coils are dropped out of the way, and you don't have a tea party in the fire, most any strat will work.
It should also be mentioned that *someone* has to take care of the adds. Whether it's the tank getting aggro on them and largely ignoring them otherwise (i.e. killing them slowly with incidental AoE) or the DPS swapping to them immediately, *someone* has to take care of the adds.

I've done HM LI no problem with double melee and double range so I don't agree that the droid *should* be done with a mixed pair of DPS. The prevalence of mDPS determines what the best way to tank the boss is (if it's double melee, I kite the boss around the outside; if it's otherwise, I tank the boss in the middle and make sure the others know to drop lightning around the outside), but it's not so restrictive as to *require* any amount of rDPS.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Aurojiin
04.07.2013 , 08:53 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
It should also be mentioned that *someone* has to take care of the adds. Whether it's the tank getting aggro on them and largely ignoring them otherwise (i.e. killing them slowly with incidental AoE) or the DPS swapping to them immediately, *someone* has to take care of the adds.
Depending on how much you're outgearing the instance, the healer cleaning up the adds is also quite viable if you want to speed up the kill a little.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Xeperi
04.08.2013 , 04:04 PM | #53
I am new to SWTOR but have played MMORPG's for years. I have found the best players will, immediately prior to a boss fight, break down what everyone needs to do, in about 10 seconds. I see a lot of groups on swtor running head long into big fights with absolutely no game plan. That means everyone either naturally synchs or it is a fail, or is more of a pita than it has to be. As meele/dps (my first toon here :P) I even ask ranged dps and healers how they want adds handled. Sometimes they say what they want done and what they will do. Other times they will say "ads, ya", or nothing. I think a big part of people properly playing their roles is a quick huddle before a big fight. Not only is that instructive to newer players, but it also allows vets to play at their full potential because everyone is on the same page.

VigDiath
04.08.2013 , 06:01 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Jossajus View Post
For that fight, as a tank, I AOE taunt the lot of them and expect the DPS to butcher them ( which is how it's meant to be done)
Which is what I do...AOE Taunt. Didn't mean to give the idea that I actually leave the droid and start tanking them individually lol. I do expect the DPS to kill them while I grab their attention.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

VigDiath
04.08.2013 , 06:08 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I generally don't bother tanking the adds on the droid boss in LI, though I make sure to tell the DPS to actually kill them. As a tank, I focus on interrupting the cast and making sure the boss isn't standing in bad (so that the DPS and I can wail on said boss without dying), and I only get the adds if it's not any additional work (i.e. I tag them with tangential AoE or I notice they're nearby and my AoE taunt is off CD). The adds die so quickly that there isn't much of a point in tanking them so it's better to just have the DPS spend 2 GCDs to look away from the boss to blow 'em all up.

If the healer is getting swarmed by the adds, I don't see it so much as a tank problem (the adds are spread out and a mix of melee/range so they're notoriously annoying to tank and often spawn right around the same time that Incinerate is coming) as a DPS problem.
They normally come out and head toward the middle box which is when I AOE taunt them. I don't chase them all around but I do grab their attention.

Point is tho...anytime I see my healers health going down to the point of dying, I look at it as if I'm doing something wrong and not keeping aggro when I should. That didn't happen. I healed this as a fresh 50 with 15k+ health and had no issues. Healed it again with 18k+ health and much better stats and kept aggro on the mobs every time they spawned. I call it bads not knowing how to be aware of their surroundings.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

JouerTue
04.09.2013 , 04:42 AM | #56
i'm for the aoe taut too..hoping that dps will take them down asap..i like to have the healer focused in that fight..my main problem is people dropping the lightnings in the middle and then panicking when i move the robot on a side..