Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.02.2013 , 12:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinpop View Post
Anyone having trouble with their game crashing as soon as its about to hit the character screen? Its bein doin this all morning and im not sure if its happening for anyone else.

I've been having the same problem which is why im here.. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

04.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #12
I wonder if we'll be able to find out if there's a sudden rise in hackings.
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

04.02.2013 , 01:04 PM | #13
I've been having same problem can't log in it loads then crashes right before the character screen

04.02.2013 , 01:14 PM | #14
Signed into the forums twice today. Both times there's been the "don't recognize the computer" message and I've had to go fetch the email stuff.

Okay, the first time not recognizing -- that's understandable. But shouldn't it be recognized after the first?

BTW, it's the same computer I've been using for at least the last 6 months playing the game/logging in to forum.
CzErkA Corporation

04.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #15
I don't mind the added security, however we should be aloud to change our login name at least once and/or be able to create a handle for the forums. Having the same displayed for all those to see is not improving security, its opening up issues later down the road. Make it so we have a different handle for the forums/discussions and allow us a one time name change to our login.
Maddmartigan - I am the greatest swordsman that every lived!!!

04.02.2013 , 01:18 PM | #16
One of the worst possible direction you can go Ea-ware. Can't wait till people get legitimately hacked because of this attempt too sell more security keys.

04.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #17
What is the freaking point of this
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

04.02.2013 , 01:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Beginning, today, April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses are no longer accepted; your Display Name is the only accepted option.

Read More
Amber, what's the deal with the temporary security password? How does having this enable the self-service recovery as compared to the additional security questions? This is a terrible annoyance for those of us who don't have static IP addresses. Literally every time I log in to the game I have to first log in, then open my email and wait about 3-5 minutes for an email to arrive from Bioware, then type that code into the launcher to then be able to click the "play" button. As if getting to the game interface didn't take long enough already!

Somehow, I just don't think my account is that important to other people. I know it's not feeling that important to me.....
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

04.02.2013 , 02:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlannTH View Post
Ive given up I cant even get past the login screen like talking to a brick wall , no answers from bio no help,same problem time and time and time again. getting bored I am not phoning again waiting 2 hours for the game not to be fixed. Have to wait for bio to recognise the problem and then sort it. I hate these forums don't like being on them, the sooner the problem is sorted the faster I can leave.
I have the same problem

04.02.2013 , 02:31 PM | #20
I am not bothered with this new login thing except for some reason when I open up the launcher it stays for 3 seconds long enough for me to see "Launcher updating" and then it shuts off and a message box turns up saying "only one application can be open at a time" this has been going on ALL DAY!!! Pray tell what the HELL is going on??