Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

Morde_
03.29.2013 , 12:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/375801297

There is the stream of all the matches Casual played that day. The first 3 games me and Thingone weren't playing Thermal Detonator. We lost to Nostra Domus, beat Uncensored, and lost to you. We swapped to Thermal Detonator and went undefeated against you for the rest of the day.

Here is the tally of all of Casuals Matches against ALL teams on 3/9/13

Nostra Domas - Civil War - 0-190 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 20:56 in the stream.
Uncensored - Ancient Hypergates - 839 - 609 (Win) - You can verify this win at 40:00 in the stream.
The Squirtle Squad - Civil War - 0-150 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 1:25:00 on the stream.
Uncensored - Huttball - 6-2 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:37:00 on the stream.
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 708-494 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:58:00 on the stream. Kills 31-9 <Casual>
The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:25:15 on the stream. Kills 10-12 <Squirtle>
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 684-458 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:51:30 on the stream. Kills were 18-18.
The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 3:08:00 on the stream. Kills were 18-5.
The Squirte Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this at 3:24:12. Kills were 32-21 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you at the 4 minute mark and you never got past our first door)
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 680-322 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:22:18 on the stream. Kills were 34-2 <Casual>
The Squirtle Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:39:30 on the stream. Kills were 28-22 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you guys at over the 5 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches. How the hell you got 6-6 even split BLOWS MY FREAKING MIND.

Again I digress, you beat <Casual> the very next week ONE game on Voidstar where I played on your team, did the HIGHEST damage on your team, and 130k protection. Ballzballzballz did 25k less damage than me and only did a measely 46k protection and he's your best PT. You can verify this win where I CARRIED you here:

1:49:55 second mark.
http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/376316759

Man, I don't think ANYONE takes RWZ as seriously as this guy.

And I play with Kand and Ryere, that's saying something.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

Megatfx
03.29.2013 , 01:16 PM | #22
No in all seriousness Scold, you're telling me you wouldn't troll or raise an eyebrow if <Casual> was going around saying they went 9-1 against you guys? Took me a total of 10 minutes to whip up that post and it's not like I'm the only person who kept a tally of the wins and losses.

IAmViiOLENT
03.29.2013 , 01:26 PM | #23
He went and made a long post in our server forums, I explained my mistake and apologized. My post was fair game, record stands at 6-6 against PoT5, and 2-7 against Casual. Silly, but w/e. My apologies, and ty Gudarzz for the correction there as well. I know a few of us have thought about rolling toons over on Bastion (the best operative healer from our server has a 50 scoundrel over there now, look for Luiigi)

Gomex
03.29.2013 , 01:31 PM | #24

There is the stream of all the matches Casual played that day. The first 3 games me and Thingone weren't playing Thermal Detonator. We lost to Nostra Domus, beat Uncensored, and lost to you. We swapped to Thermal Detonator and went undefeated against you for the rest of the day.

Nostra Domas - Civil War - 0-190 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 20:56 in the stream.
Uncensored - Ancient Hypergates - 839 - 609 (Win) - You can verify this win at 40:00 in the stream.
The Squirtle Squad - Civil War - 0-150 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 1:25:00 on the stream.
Uncensored - Huttball - 6-2 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:37:00 on the stream.
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 708-494 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:58:00 on the stream. Kills 31-9 <Casual>
The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:25:15 on the stream. Kills 10-12 <Squirtle>
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 684-458 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:51:30 on the stream. Kills were 18-18.
The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 3:08:00 on the stream. Kills were 18-5.
The Squirte Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this at 3:24:12. Kills were 32-21 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you at the 4 minute mark and you never got past our first door)
The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 680-322 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:22:18 on the stream. Kills were 34-2 <Casual>
The Squirtle Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:39:30 on the stream. Kills were 28-22 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you guys at over the 5 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally against you was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches.

Again I digress, you beat <Casual> the very next week ONE game on Voidstar where I played on your team, did the HIGHEST damage on your team, and 130k protection. Ballzballzballz did 25k less damage than me and only did a measely 46k protection and he's your best PT. You can verify this win where I CARRIED you here:

blahblah
Never seen a nerd have so much pride in his games on PEEEETEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Sound like a kid who never won a trophy or played on a winning team before.

Gudarzz
03.29.2013 , 02:30 PM | #25

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally against you was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches.

My whiteboard tracking method seems really antiquated after seeing this...
Marauder class representative
World first to /gquit <Hey im mvp>

Wuzan
03.29.2013 , 03:31 PM | #26
I have a difficult time enough keeping track of how many games we win or lose, in a single night, ON the night we're playing. You must keep great track of receipts. Id like to see your accounting records.
Sifu <Synergy> Bastion Server.

Antipodes
03.29.2013 , 04:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Man, I don't think ANYONE takes RWZ as seriously as this guy.

And I play with Kand and Ryere, that's saying something.
lol, reminds me of people quoting Waka's posts.

Siphorus
03.29.2013 , 08:01 PM | #28
I dont see the point of harbringer they have 1 good team and bad ques, with the bastion you atleast have 4 good teams and ques everynight.
Deft - The bastion

rmitchell
03.29.2013 , 08:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Early on when harbinger had its comp and better players playing on the PTS, we did win the majority, later on we lost a lot of that (mainly healers sadly). The only time that they got to play one of our better comps later on was in the 29 minute novare against MvP, and I think anyone can say that was a good match. So yes, MvP did win overall a larger amount of games, but at the same time, we had gone 7-3 when we had our good comp together. Going 3-2 when we had exactly even gear. I'd say that assuming both teams had gotten their full teams together it would have been much more equalized later on as it was early on, but it doesn't matter as MvP did one thing better than Harbinger absolutely. They were able to consistently get their best players on, where as Harbinger was not able to. So kudos to them, they played excellently. Claiming that one team was better than the other seems to almost be a moot point as I already said, we had won or split our early games when we had the people even with equal gear, and lost later on when we didn't.

I think Bastion does have a few more teams that queue, right now Harbinger has 5 total teams that queue up for competitive matches, and of those 4 of them tend to be the dominant forces with the last eeking out wins through DC's and the like. If you're looking for truly competitive PvP, I would say that Bastion is likely a better place to be.

ALSO:

Anyone claiming that MvP was beaten heavily by us on the PTS over in the APAC forums is not anyone from the represented teams over there on Harbinger. The final score board between the two guilds was 9-12, in favor of MvP winning 12 if I remember correctly. Our score vs casual was an even split with 6-6 and vs nostrum dolus we only played one game that resulted in a loss with one of our extremely bad comps. So 0-1 vs them.

To me, those were the only teams actually worth talking about on the PTS, we played a few others but those teams seemed to not give much of a problem.
your team was bad, if u want to rewatch those first games we played you which accounts to 4 of ur wins. u had 2 pts with 27k, a rage jugg with 27k, and 2 sorcs with 26k hp which is full lvl 55 63 gear. we were in full lvl 50 gear. FULL. funny how when we actually got our gear. we didnt lose to you again. oh yea and the sin who "had never been solo'd or lost a node" and he lost to me twice in the same game AND LOST HIS NODE.
RYRE -> Ryere
Nadd's Sarcophagus -> The Bastion
The grand legacy of delicious breads
<Hey Im Nostrum>

daveyggg
03.29.2013 , 09:30 PM | #30
Thought I would just post real quick and give the OP some info on the ranked scene on harbinger. Currently there are two teams that consistently do ranked and they are Lukewarm Tauntauns and Squirtle Squad/Ascendancy. There are about 4 or 5 other teams that join in when they can but they don't usually stick around very long after losing a couple and they tend to try and queue when one of the above mentioned teams aren't queuing.

Tauntauns are currently the best on server and have only lost a handful of matches(not counting dcs) and the only team that has beaten us is squirtle/ancy in an 8v8 match. Recently a lot of us and squirts-a-lot have lost interest and have only been able to field teams borrowing from each other and when we get matches we run gimp specs to try and give the other team a chance at getting a node. It will probably get better with 2.0 with players coming back and we can get back to having 4 competitive teams like the old days but as of right now if I were you I would choose Bastion for ranked. I wish we could transfer there too because we're bored but its ok cos we are stanking up the pub side to help them not be so grumpy all the time.

Also I don't know which server BOSS is from but if they were one of the top teams down under then I wouldn't get your hopes up on beating any team on the Bastion as they were beaten very easily by a late night pug group I whipped up the other week. (No offense steppin. I like you still!)

Anyways back to yo smack talk! Party on Wayne.
Akţva So'low W÷rf Sol÷w So'op Over'powered Worfette Pizzatheh˙tt

Free Character Transfer & 7 days free sub time @ http://www.swtor.com/r/jqdvYL