Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

iheartnyc
03.28.2013 , 12:53 AM | #1
Would like to hear thoughts from people who do rateds. A bunch of APAC players are trying to decide where to transfer their toons and some of us would like to do so in the most competitive PVP enviornment.

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled, but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS. Would appreciate any additional details (or you can go directly to the Master Dar'nala forum and respond to that thread), either in the form of guild names and/or screen shots or streams, and this would really help us in making a more informed decision.

Morde_
03.28.2013 , 01:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS.
We'd have to consult Uncle Gudarzz for the official scoreboard, but I'm pretty certain that we ended up with a positive record against Harbinger.

They beat us some games, we beat them more games.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

irojoz
03.28.2013 , 02:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
We'd have to consult Uncle Gudarzz for the official scoreboard, but I'm pretty certain that we ended up with a positive record against Harbinger.

They beat us some games, we beat them more games.
yep early on Squirtle squad got some wins, but near the mid and end of pts i saw mvp getting the wins

MrGrzecka
03.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Would like to hear thoughts from people who do rateds. A bunch of APAC players are trying to decide where to transfer their toons and some of us would like to do so in the most competitive PVP enviornment.

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled, but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS. Would appreciate any additional details (or you can go directly to the Master Dar'nala forum and respond to that thread), either in the form of guild names and/or screen shots or streams, and this would really help us in making a more informed decision.
lol squirtlesquad got roflpwned in legit games mvp went 11-3 they lost 4 times in gear difference including gear difference games 11-8.
Im a hoodstar I always keep shining.

iheartnyc
03.28.2013 , 10:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGrzecka View Post
lol squirtlesquad got roflpwned in legit games mvp went 11-3 they lost 4 times in gear difference including gear difference games 11-8.
Lol you should post this information in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...07#post6067307

People are claiming Harbringer is the better PvP destination server trying to get APACers to reroll on Harbginer.

Morde_
03.28.2013 , 10:38 AM | #6
Both sides will always have excuses, but when we matched them in gear, we definitely won the majority.

If you're looking for competitive pvp, especially late at night, this is the place to be.

We have 4 excellent guilds at the top of the scene right now, and they're all pretty damn near close in skill. Lately it seems like every game we play could go either way.

Justbodies streams most of our matches at the highest level:

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/382858919

The competitive parts start around the 4 hour mark if you're interested. Lots of other great videos on his stream too.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

ecaron
03.28.2013 , 12:27 PM | #7
Excuses or not, MVP won the majority of its games on the PTS.

Last few weeks the games between MVP, Strictly Business, Don't Panic, Synergy on the Bastion have been going either way. There's no clear picture of the best team right now.

The Bastion teams tend to queue between 9pm-2am PST. I think you'll find the Bastion more competitive but with less population.
<Hey im mvp> Avila
<Don't Panic> Aviella

IAmViiOLENT
03.28.2013 , 01:14 PM | #8
Early on when harbinger had its comp and better players playing on the PTS, we did win the majority, later on we lost a lot of that (mainly healers sadly). The only time that they got to play one of our better comps later on was in the 29 minute novare against MvP, and I think anyone can say that was a good match. So yes, MvP did win overall a larger amount of games, but at the same time, we had gone 7-3 when we had our good comp together. Going 3-2 when we had exactly even gear. I'd say that assuming both teams had gotten their full teams together it would have been much more equalized later on as it was early on, but it doesn't matter as MvP did one thing better than Harbinger absolutely. They were able to consistently get their best players on, where as Harbinger was not able to. So kudos to them, they played excellently. Claiming that one team was better than the other seems to almost be a moot point as I already said, we had won or split our early games when we had the people even with equal gear, and lost later on when we didn't.

I think Bastion does have a few more teams that queue, right now Harbinger has 5 total teams that queue up for competitive matches, and of those 4 of them tend to be the dominant forces with the last eeking out wins through DC's and the like. If you're looking for truly competitive PvP, I would say that Bastion is likely a better place to be.

ALSO:

Anyone claiming that MvP was beaten heavily by us on the PTS over in the APAC forums is not anyone from the represented teams over there on Harbinger. The final score board between the two guilds was 9-12, in favor of MvP winning 12 if I remember correctly. Our score vs casual was an even split with 6-6 and vs nostrum dolus we only played one game that resulted in a loss with one of our extremely bad comps. So 0-1 vs them.

To me, those were the only teams actually worth talking about on the PTS, we played a few others but those teams seemed to not give much of a problem.

GHoppa
03.28.2013 , 04:22 PM | #9
Thanks for the info guys.

In the end all i want is for every guild to make an informed decision on where to go. Alot of people are stating things in discussions that simply aren't true and just opinion or distorted/mis-interperted fact. Hopefully this will clear things up.

Trephination
03.28.2013 , 06:59 PM | #10
As a late night Bastion player, I would love to have more teams to queue with or against. We'd definitely welcome you all here, just as we have The Elite. Understandably, latency might be a concern but it doesn't seem to phase many of the current APAC players that play here.

And while we're on the subject, the Squirtle guys from the PTS should reroll here, too. The few games I played against them were a lot of fun and I think they would fit in well with the 4+ competitive RWZ teams already queuing every night on the Bestion.
Teacher / Blackadder | Bastion