Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Comparison Spreadsheet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class Comparison Spreadsheet

exiliox
03.27.2013 , 09:44 PM | #1
Hey all,

I am sure many have been like me and trying to compare the classes to get an idea of what they may like. And while I have found some fantastic resources on the web, none seem to be an aggregate for some of the most important information. With that in mind I have been working on this very basic spreadsheet that compares the classes in terms of roles, equipment, and even subjective feelings on the classes based on what I have read or feel strongly about. I welcome any feedback...and I need some to help me feel in the blanks and/or correct erroneous info. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

badkratos
03.29.2013 , 02:14 AM | #2
Nice comparison

but Mako is BH Companion

Uvirith
03.29.2013 , 02:43 AM | #3
Nut kicking is Smuggler-Baseline. Better write "Bashing 50% HP from a Sith away with the back of your hand 4tw!" @ Scoundrel.
Oh, and Consular is the best storyline after Imperial Agent in my opinion. It just takes more brains to comprehend than the rest of the storylines.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Syas
03.29.2013 , 11:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Nut kicking is Smuggler-Baseline. Better write "Bashing 50% HP from a Sith away with the back of your hand 4tw!" @ Scoundrel.
Oh, and Consular is the best storyline after Imperial Agent in my opinion. It just takes more brains to comprehend than the rest of the storylines.
I thought the Consular storyline fell flat after Chapter 1.
Spoiler
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

exiliox
03.29.2013 , 02:18 PM | #5
Thanks for the feedback and corrections. I know some of the items are opinion-based...but I tried go with what I have read as the most common opinion.

exiliox
03.29.2013 , 02:50 PM | #6
Also if anyone can help me fill in the blanks that would be awesome. I am trying to read various postings and glean information but it would be faster/easier/nice to hear from those that know. Thanks in advance.

ekimmak
03.29.2013 , 04:17 PM | #7
I think you've undersold the sentinel class where cc/buff is concerned. They have the droid CC, transcendence (speed/defence buff for team), and inspiration (damage buff for team). Snipers get a raw resistance buff for anyone standing close to them.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Scyntist
03.29.2013 , 04:24 PM | #8
I believe Scoundrels and Operatives aren't being represented accurately in terms of support; they have both an out-of-combat CC (tranquilizer) and an in-combat CC (droid slicing).

exiliox
03.29.2013 , 04:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Scyntist View Post
I believe Scoundrels and Operatives aren't being represented accurately in terms of support; they have both an out-of-combat CC (tranquilizer) and an in-combat CC (droid slicing).
Excellent point..can't believe I didn't note that. I have an operative, lol. Thanks.

exiliox
04.04.2013 , 01:48 PM | #10
Updated to reflect Jugg/Guard recognized role as DPS too