Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bastion or the Harbinger?

narcsissism
04.01.2013 , 04:50 AM | #271
I don't want to sound negative but Bio where seems to bring it out in me all I want to know is are the transfers confirmed I mean I know we are being moved but I talked to them via phone and was told that they where not awhere we where going to be given an option to witch server we would be going to all they knew was we where being moved to the corresponding N/A server ie MDA = Bastion Del = Harbinger I would just like confirmation from someone that has some solid intell on whether we really will be given a choice or is this all speculation that Bio where will do something that we actually want ? Just confirm if you can.

SourStrap
04.01.2013 , 05:00 AM | #272
Tip: Read the Dev Tracker every now and then. Scroll down for the news on APAC.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
The Harbinger
Konsoo ~ Laole ~ Kaaze ~ Moaku
<Daydream Senate>

frose
04.01.2013 , 06:50 AM | #273
Has there been any indication as to the timing of transfers beyond that they will be open before the merge?
Swashbuckler

Jumpchan
04.01.2013 , 06:57 AM | #274
at the rate they sort things out i doubt theyve nailed down anything
Jump
/avoid

IAmViiOLENT
04.01.2013 , 08:49 AM | #275
I posted this in the other thread, and I may recieve some hate over here on Bastion forums, but the discussion HAS been very one sided.

Quote: Originally Posted by daveyggg View Post
Thought I would just post real quick and give the OP some info on the ranked scene on harbinger. Currently there are two teams that consistently do ranked and they are Lukewarm Tauntauns and Squirtle Squad/Ascendancy. There are about 4 or 5 other teams that join in when they can but they don't usually stick around very long after losing a couple and they tend to try and queue when one of the above mentioned teams aren't queuing.

Anyways back to yo smack talk! Party on Wayne.
This is a relatively good summary of the ranked scene, at this very moment. A lot of players are coming back for 2.0, mumble has been seeing them come in, friends list etc. Everyone is leveling their alts (trying to find new FOTM's, I suppose) as well so right now I've only been in 10 RWZ' in the last week. We do kickball on imp side pretty much every night aside from Double XP weekends, and sometimes during kickballs just run silly stuff (my favorite was the no bubble stun, no smash' we ran the other day with 3 healers per team).

The ranked scene, when the top 2-3 teams are queuing is competitive, games are always close and tight. Maybe before 2.0 comes out I'll try to convince ascendancy/squirtle and Lukewarm Tauntauns to stream a few matches. As great as the PTS rateds were, I will say that no team was quite as good as the full 8 man tauntaun team is, playing against them has resulted in quite literally the most exciting and fast paced games I've ever been in SWTOR PvP and I want you APAC guys who are coming over to see that.

Our RWZ' usually go from 10 or 11 our time and into the start of the APAC prime time, much like Bastion's; if you're curious about time. Sometimes there are earlier games, just depends.
TL;DR-
I don't mean to offend anyone, just saying it how it is in harbinger's pvp scene. The community is amazing, i'd argue its one of the best anywhere. If a team is fielding a RWZ team, 1-2 other guilds may form up together to play a competitive team if they dont have 8 on each (this happens often really late at night).
I am interested to see how 2.0 changes all of this, (for the better I'd presume, like I said a lot of players are coming back ).

Anyways, I'm out. Thanks for letting me post my piece and I hope all of the APAC players ultimately find a destination that THEY will enjoy.

Antiskeptic
04.01.2013 , 09:01 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Anyways, I'm out. Thanks for letting me post my piece and I hope all of the APAC players ultimately find a destination that THEY will enjoy.
Thanks for posting man!
//

TwitchWINs
04.01.2013 , 09:04 AM | #277
Lots of guilds on Bastion looking forward to the xfer of some fresh meat.
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

Jumpchan
04.01.2013 , 09:54 AM | #278
pretty much ******** aside im sure everyones chosen by now
bastion
harbinger
or both
we have all recieved a good run down on the ins and outs of them both
but really
goodluck to everyone and hopefully if anyone makes the wrong choices transfers will be available eventually !
may the ping be with you! haha

hopefully cross server ques come in so we dont have to uproot ourselves to play against each other
Jump
/avoid

TwitchWINs
04.01.2013 , 10:03 AM | #279
Hey bump my thread guys if you can i would really appreciate it! I think we all want x server queues.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...61#post6080861
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

Obiraysbrother
04.01.2013 , 05:41 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post

Please show me where they are saying this, I'm yet to see it anywhere obiray.
Well here's a paragraph out of all his posts...

Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post

I think Bastion does have a few more teams that queue, right now Harbinger has 5 total teams that queue up for competitive matches, and of those 4 of them tend to be the dominant forces with the last eeking out wins through DC's and the like. If you're looking for truly competitive PvP, I would say that Bastion is likely a better place to be.
He just posted above giving details as well