Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planets That Need To Be Added

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars
03.27.2013 , 12:27 PM | #1
I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk
Naboo
Kamino
Geonosis
Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

Bastila-chan
03.27.2013 , 12:38 PM | #2
Yes, definetely. But you must be aware that Naboo in the old republic isn't like the one in the movies. I think this is around the time of the settling process. But mostly it's a jungle with gungans.

Kashyyk would be awesome of course, wookies are an old species so that one would definetely fit in the old republic. You would have like the upper level in the trees, and then the lower level, which would be full of dangers.

sir_star_wars
03.27.2013 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bastila-chan View Post
Yes, definetely. But you must be aware that Naboo in the old republic isn't like the one in the movies. I think this is around the time of the settling process. But mostly it's a jungle with gungans.

Kashyyk would be awesome of course, wookies are an old species so that one would definetely fit in the old republic. You would have like the upper level in the trees, and then the lower level, which would be full of dangers.

Yep. Perhaps the Republic and Empire are both sent in to Naboo to try and ally with the settlers, and it results in a war. Idk, it would be cool if the producers did something with this, though.

As for Kashyyyk, I totally agree.

Kamino would also be a great planet to explore. Maybe it wasnt as flooded back then? Who knows, it would just be flat out epic no matter what they did with it,
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

Sith-Viscera
03.27.2013 , 01:16 PM | #4
I like those worlds to and i concur on all points. I like to add i love to see a cloud city a huge one, where the winds blow 30 to 70 or more mph and that chance of being blown off a platform and the odds are, a high one, (no pun attended) but i believe that would be awesome as well.....

BW make it happen all great worlds

SalBasss
03.27.2013 , 01:20 PM | #5
I'd even go with the obvious just from the KOTOR games...

Dantooine (duh?)
Onderon/Dxun
Telos
Manaan

It would be neat to have a couple space stations as part of a smaller update as well, like how the Pergaus Mining Station was in TSL
Shadowlands

legolegion
03.27.2013 , 01:25 PM | #6
kamino would be aganst canon, as hey stayed out of it all till the clone wars. sorry
naboo has only got colony on knowld be out of it no stragic importance. sorry

Geonosis could be as open world pvp, to stay in canon.
others yes you could be in as well

VigDiath
03.27.2013 , 01:26 PM | #7
Manaan. Why aren't we fighting for Kolto on Manaan again? I think this could also be a great WZ as well incorporating platforms hovering above water or docks fighting for access to the planet.

Dagobah. Such a mysterious planet that holds secrets of the force that both sides want access to or want to block access to.

Dantooine. It's in the comics and previous video games. This would be a great way to incorporate more color and power crystals in to the game. Maybe make it a side quest planet or at least one with tons of dailies.

Yavin IV.

So many planets that could be explored. I do like that they've added new ones to the lore already like Denova.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Euphrosyne
03.27.2013 , 01:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Manaan. Why aren't we fighting for Kolto on Manaan again? I think this could also be a great WZ as well incorporating platforms hovering above water or docks fighting for access to the planet.
Two reasons:
  1. The kolto supply began to decline over the last few centuries and by now levels of kolto production aren't even close to the level necessary to sustain one military, let alone two.
  2. Improvements in bacta refinement and production have made it both qualitatively superior to kolto and more cost-efficient.

During the initial phase - pre-Treaty of Coruscant - of the war, the Selkath believed that they had an opportunity to make some cash by repeating their neutral stance, with the assumption that the war would create enough of a demand for healing products for kolto to be able to wedge its way back into the market. The Sith thought that this was a load of crap and basically wiped out the surface cities of Manaan by orbital bombardment in retribution for the Selkath's temerity.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

SalBasss
03.27.2013 , 01:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Two reasons:
  1. The kolto supply began to decline over the last few centuries and by now levels of kolto production aren't even close to the level necessary to sustain one military, let alone two.
  2. Improvements in bacta refinement and production have made it both qualitatively superior to kolto and more cost-efficient.
Hmm. Is that wwy the most elite troopers in the Republic (ie Commando healers) use kolto for everything?
Shadowlands

VigDiath
03.27.2013 , 02:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Two reasons:

During the initial phase - pre-Treaty of Coruscant - of the war, the Selkath believed that they had an opportunity to make some cash by repeating their neutral stance, with the assumption that the war would create enough of a demand for healing products for kolto to be able to wedge its way back into the market. The Sith thought that this was a load of crap and basically wiped out the surface cities of Manaan by orbital bombardment in retribution for the Selkath's temerity.
And yet none of the healing abilities in the game are named bacta bomb or bacta cloud.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)