Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Class Story Line???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
No Class Story Line???

PeaceKeePin
03.27.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1
Ok, I just want to get this clear before I say "wut da***?". I didn't do PTS because I did Beta for almost a year, and I play a commando so I figured Why waste my time, the whole "help me help you" thing doesn't exist with this company. So, What I'm wondering is, with this new Expansion do the class Story Lines Not continue on since they are in Interlude after they are done at 50?

I Just heard this and wasn't sure if it's true, but the one company thats KNOWN for it's fantastic story's (and they did a great job on their stories lines in this game) didn't add class story line to the next 5 levels seems kind of odd?

Is this correct? and if so, Why wasn't it implimented?

One more thing, There is a Difference between "Loose" and "Lose"
If you Loose a game, then something needs to be tightened. Like your Mom
If you Lose a game, then you got beat.
SWTOR community learn the difference.

/off soapbox
Brealin Level 50 Guardian
Raelin Level 50 Commando
Shawty Level 50 Gunslinger

Syas
03.27.2013 , 09:10 AM | #2
The response from the Dev team I have seen floating around is that personal story was to get us to where we are. Now that we are "heroes" of the Republic/Empire, we will be involved in larger conflicts, such as Makeb.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Zaxem
03.31.2013 , 05:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
The response from the Dev team I have seen floating around is that personal story was to get us to where we are. Now that we are "heroes" of the Republic/Empire, we will be involved in larger conflicts, such as Makeb.
i'm fine with that as long as they eventually add Chapter 4 i mean we can't be fighting a war forever and nothing new happens in our story
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

GeckoOBac
03.31.2013 , 08:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
i'm fine with that as long as they eventually add Chapter 4 i mean we can't be fighting a war forever and nothing new happens in our story
Makeb IS chapter 4 =/
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

jarshr
03.31.2013 , 08:49 AM | #5
Basically it was too expensive to make 8 stories again, 2 (factions) is far more cost effective, so Bioware said they wold make sure each class brought its own spark to the faction story lines, which I was rly fine with...however according to ALL the preivews, apart from Makeb's opening scene this jsut is not the case, the conversations re copy/paste with different voices, barely any difference (less so then current world archs apparently) so I'm fairly certain we can say class or class uniqueness in stories are for now dead, with not rly any signs point to a good future...but apart from that the makeb faction stories sounds awesome!

chuixupu
03.31.2013 , 12:32 PM | #6
Way back in a Darth Hater interview from last summer, Daniel Erickson said Makeb would not contain class stories. I'm not sure why people are surprised at this point.

But don't give up hope that they will never make them ever again. I think their focus is to get end game content out as fast as possible, since that's been the biggest complaint where the game is lacking, and creating separate class stories is more time consuming than anything.
It's been less than a year and a half since launch. If everything goes well with the game for the foreseeable future and players are continuing to ask for more individual stories, than they may very well give us that in a larger scale update, but I imagine it would take a couple more years at least just to produce it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Zaxem
03.31.2013 , 01:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Makeb IS chapter 4 =/
They may call makeb chapter 4 but it isn't it's just 2 new stories 1 for pubs and 1 for empire
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

GeckoOBac
03.31.2013 , 02:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
They may call makeb chapter 4 but it isn't it's just 2 new stories 1 for pubs and 1 for empire
Indeed it is, but the fact that they're moving the actual chapter to a shared story doesn't bode well, imho, for strict class stories.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Bleeters
04.01.2013 , 07:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
Which is weird, since smugglers, agents and bounty hunters can very much end up not being "heroes of faction X".

Waasiq
04.04.2013 , 03:30 AM | #10
I just discovered yesterday or I realized yesterday that there are no class story added to each class.. This is very very (add as many very u can add :-) ) disappointing and frustrating and taking the piss kind of expansion !! Planet story are same for each class !! which is why planet story quest is my least favorite. but bioware is very clever and advertised a new planet and left fine details or key info till Last day's. when people heard of new planet they automatically assumed that there are new class story !!! Bio ware you successfully scammed me !! I am pissed now. thinking of leaving game. :-( very very sad too :-(