Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention All Imperial PVP'ers

ARagingNoob
03.27.2013 , 11:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Don't know about you but I stack shield on my deception set.
Id rather take absorption to soak up all that big yellow damage
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

foxmob
03.27.2013 , 12:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
The people that need this don't go on the forums. The best we can do is try to tell them in game, but that leads to be being *****ed at when I tell a Sin wearing a shield generator in Deception spec that he's not a tank
I will sometime leave the generator on when I'm swapping charges (hb). it helps as a carrier and it's not a terrible nerf to have that one tank slot on while dpsing in surging charge.

speaking of swapping stances: w-t-f?
  • troopers have to channel the swap and can be interrupted but it doesn't cost any resources - BIOFAIL
  • sins can make the swap instantly, but it costs 100 force (which is ALL of my force). - BIOFAIL
  • juggs...oh look! the absolute best tank class gets an instant, resource free stance swap - BIOFAIL

sigh.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Simmerr
03.27.2013 , 12:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
Good Sir,

Concerning your self-proclaimed title in your signature. I expressly disagree.

Regards,
Leijae
It's mostly a sarcastic jab. Thank you for your civility.

Sincerely,
Str'yker
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

PhilD
03.27.2013 , 01:16 PM | #24
Let me just say unironically, as someone who more or less sucks at PvP, especially w/my DPS characters, that I appreciate this guide! Especially the Huttball advice, since I do tend to get Flashbang-happy.
The Finglonger Legacy

ARagingNoob
03.27.2013 , 01:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I will sometime leave the generator on when I'm swapping charges (hb). it helps as a carrier and it's not a terrible nerf to have that one tank slot on while dpsing in surging charge.

speaking of swapping stances: w-t-f?
  • troopers have to channel the swap and can be interrupted but it doesn't cost any resources - BIOFAIL
  • sins can make the swap instantly, but it costs 100 force (which is ALL of my force). - BIOFAIL
  • juggs...oh look! the absolute best tank class gets an instant, resource free stance swap - BIOFAIL

sigh.
The stance is what gives you more survivablitly, not really the generator. Tank stance gives you the flat DR increase on your armor, the shield only guards against ranged and meele damage, not the 90% of incoming force and tech attacks (until 2.0 hits anyways).
Also, Juggs lose all of their rage when swapping stances
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

Partygurl
03.27.2013 , 01:28 PM | #26
I want to add that dps should stop tunneling healers but then again it's fine for the dps to do that while ball holder is scoring or we are capping. But something to think about and for healers stop face tanking!

klonkimo
03.27.2013 , 01:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I think you give them too much credit. Yesterday I was grouped with/against so many 12/13k people it was ridiculous.
[QUOTE=Raddimus;6061096]As much as I agree.....its not just the 14-16k'ers...but its also the 10-11k'ers that are just complete idiots that refuse to even upgrade gear. Yesterday I seen .../QUOTE]

Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
I would like to add that before you even consider entering a 50 wz for the 1st time, please stop by your friendly recruit gear vendor and get your free gear. Everyone loves free stuff amirite? Also please make sure you are buffed and wearing a cylinder/stance...it happens...a lot. And after said death please re-apply your buffs
I'm not trying to get to the one fool who has 10-12k in a 50 warzone...that doesn't warrant more than a tell on my part. What I'm saying is that in nearly every warzone, we have at least 2 14-16k guys. This is who I'm targeting.

Yeah, they don't read the forums, yeah, I may be wasting my time. I also may not be. I've received half applause half civil critique so far, so it's not a terrible idea.
Lennykoggins Operative ♠ Highwaytoo Tankasin ♠ Kennyloggins Juggertank
Nemesis Guild | YouTube Channel | Twitch Feed
Warning: May cause seizures.

foxmob
03.27.2013 , 01:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
The stance is what gives you more survivablitly, not really the generator.
yes, I'm aware of the respective benefits. all dmg reduction is significant when carrying the ball, imo. whereas when dpsing, you're not the lone dpser.

Quote:
ank stance gives you the flat DR increase on your armor, the shield only guards against ranged and meele damage, not the 90% of incoming force and tech attacks (until 2.0 hits anyways).
Also, Juggs lose all of their rage when swapping stances
I'm nervous about this. I haven't played the PTS. maybe someone who has can chime in, but I imagine tanks could be a huge problem now that they shield...well...everything.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Simmerr
03.27.2013 , 01:59 PM | #29
Quote:
I'm nervous about this. I haven't played the PTS. maybe someone who has can chime in, but I imagine tanks could be a huge problem now that they shield...well...everything.
Being a tank, i'm now happy that we won't be passed over in anything but huttball. However, as it is not possible to shield an auto-crit attack, smashers and PT's will still be our biggest threat.
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

Ridickilis
03.27.2013 , 02:25 PM | #30
Are you other Sin tanks using the tank set? I did start gearing out my Sin when the stalker gear was all the rage for tanks, so I stuck with it. I do use a shield over the focus but, even in full WH, non augmented stalker gear, I just broke 17k HP's. Even if I augmented everything with the +18 endurance x 14 that's 252 endurance for 2520 more HP's. Still not even breaking 20k. I see some that are 24k+. Then again I'm pretty sure my expertise is pretty high at 1335, I could possibly sacrifice the two crystals for two endurance one's for another 820 HP's. I just say this because I do see a lot of posts about 14-16k HP toons in WZ's and it's giving me a complex! lol

Great thread nonetheless. I'm that Sin that likes to going to the off node for guard duty as well. I never try and 1vs1, I always mezz and call.

I know someone else already mentioned it but my biggest pet peeve are the tanks that don't release the guard when carrying the huttball or peeling to another node. Bind your guard, learn to guard swap and be flexible with it. It also bugs me when a tank puts his guard on me at the start of a match. If you see dark charge, ion canister or soresu form, they are in tank stance. If you're guarding them, they can't guard someone else. I've accidentally removed buffs trying to get the guard off of me, so please stop it. It's one thing if you are saving me from death, I do appreciate it, but once a healer brings me back or it looks like I'll be alright, take it off.