Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor Palpatine's Future In Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Emperor Palpatine's Future In Star Wars

Spartanik
03.27.2013 , 06:20 AM | #11
Quote:
Its also far more believable then Maul coming back. And that already happened.
Anh it isnt. on the contrary to the above post says palpatine didnt had a body to speak off. He transfer his "spirit" to a younger clone body.... maul yeah just lost his legs, and he isnt human to begin with. Anyway death come backs are always far fetched no matter the way you look at it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Jonoku
03.27.2013 , 06:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Anh it isnt. on the contrary to the above post says palpatine didnt had a body to speak off. He transfer his "spirit" to a younger clone body.... maul yeah just lost his legs, and he isnt human to begin with. Anyway death come backs are always far fetched no matter the way you look at it.
He's dathomirian he is part zabrak and part human so........
He isn't full flesh human but still, he still has human in him.

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2013 , 07:48 AM | #13
Ok you guys are somewhat exaggerating a little bit with the whole Dark Empire shtick...

"Oh throwing around Planets and Star Destroyers like play things." Seriously? No...ya Luke/Sidious became powerful, but they never did anything like that. The biggest thing Palpatine did Force wise, was his Force Storms....now why is that so ridiculous?

More to that, how is it anymore ridiculous compared to DC/Marvel comic characters doing ridiculous ****? Lighten up folks...at least they made sense of how Palpatine was able to return via Essence Transfer. It wasn't just some cliche comic character revival of..

"Oh.....so and so wasn't really dead, they were just in a coma." Which has happened on more then one occasion.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

psandak
03.27.2013 , 09:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Fail. Lucas has never surprised EU. He's said it himself. He never sat behind his desk with a red marker approving or disproving novel ideas.
That's not entirely true. When Timothy Zahn wrote Heir to the Empire he had to practically beg Lucas for permission to publish it. Once HttE hit it big and other authors wanted in on the action they had to prove their knowledge of the SW universe before being able to write and publish. That being said, what they wrote was not necessarily approved or not. And I am sure that over time that practice faded .

AlexDougherty
03.27.2013 , 10:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok you guys are somewhat exaggerating a little bit with the whole Dark Empire shtick...

"Oh throwing around Planets and Star Destroyers like play things." Seriously? No...ya Luke/Sidious became powerful, but they never did anything like that. The biggest thing Palpatine did Force wise, was his Force Storms....now why is that so ridiculous?

More to that, how is it anymore ridiculous compared to DC/Marvel comic characters doing ridiculous ****? Lighten up folks...at least they made sense of how Palpatine was able to return via Essence Transfer. It wasn't just some cliche comic character revival of..

"Oh.....so and so wasn't really dead, they were just in a coma." Which has happened on more then one occasion.
Can't comment on Palpatine since I haven't read the novels for the movies, but one of Luke's apprentices does throw a fleet of Star Destroyers out of the system they where in. Ok, he had a network of old temples boosting his power, and the strain did kill him, but he did it with very little training, so I can't say it's impossible for Luke/Palpatine to have done this.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2013 , 10:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Can't comment on Palpatine since I haven't read the novels for the movies, but one of Luke's apprentices does throw a fleet of Star Destroyers out of the system they where in. Ok, he had a network of old temples boosting his power, and the strain did kill him, but he did it with very little training, so I can't say it's impossible for Luke/Palpatine to have done this.
Yes Dorsk 81 did, however it wasn't under his own power and he was rather good in using The Force(IE: hurling rocks, knocking over AT-STs). He gathered up several jedi, and they all focused their power to Dorsk and he unleashed himself completely using everything he had to push away the 17 SDs. It was just further proving of what Yoda said

"Size matters not."

I never said that Luke/Sidious wouldn't be able to do so...but to saying they were playing with planets and ships like toys is just stupid.

jovianus
03.28.2013 , 06:47 AM | #17
I never said that Luke/Sidious wouldn't be able to do so...but to saying they were playing with planets and ships like toys is just stupid.
I dunno if it was in Dark Empire, but I'm pretty sure in one of the novels Sidious drags a Super Star Destroyer out of orbit, buries it in the surface of Coruscant, and mind wipes the entire population so nobody notices/remembers .

So I can understand why people were let down by his performance in RotJ, clearly he should have been using Admiral Ackbars ship as a baseball bat and clobbering the rest of the Rebel fleet with it.

Wolfninjajedi
03.28.2013 , 08:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
I dunno if it was in Dark Empire, but I'm pretty sure in one of the novels Sidious drags a Super Star Destroyer out of orbit, buries it in the surface of Coruscant, and mind wipes the entire population so nobody notices/remembers .

So I can understand why people were let down by his performance in RotJ, clearly he should have been using Admiral Ackbars ship as a baseball bat and clobbering the rest of the Rebel fleet with it.
I don't recall him dropping a Super Star Destroyer....I know he had one underneath his palace(was it?) and then when bringing it out, he mindwiped everyone so they forgot that it was there.

Even if he did...that was what? 1 time? Plus it was in a younger body, so he was far more powerful then what he was in his older one thus he would be able to do that.

Doctoglethorpe
03.28.2013 , 10:31 AM | #19

Well, there was that time him and Plagueis meditated on the force for a month straight and produced the miracle seedless birth of Anakin. I'd consider that more amazing then a silly storm.

Wolfninjajedi
03.28.2013 , 10:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Well, there was that time him and Plagueis meditated on the force for a month straight and produced the miracle seedless birth of Anakin. I'd consider that more amazing then a silly storm.
Well yes, but that was with help not just under his own power.