Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kitru's New Class Idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kitru's New Class Idea

XisscVekno's Avatar


XisscVekno
05.03.2013 , 12:26 PM | #81
I applaud you on the effort you put into this, but at this stage in the game we need more ranged options than melee. We have only 3 ranged DPS options and 5 melee, adding another will only bloat an already bloated spot for group make up.

I love monk style play styles in other games so I would play this, but still would like to see another ranged class before adding another melee. Also I skimmed across the original posts was there a set up for possible melee healer? Kinda like the Disciple in Vanguard. Loved that class as a healer was really fun.
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

ekimmak's Avatar


ekimmak
05.03.2013 , 08:02 PM | #82
Wow. You have put a LOT of effort into this.

Although I'm normally the one who thinks that any new classes are a waste of time, It's really more because I don't expect the devs to have the resources to put into it, and in this case? I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

edit: I also like how you've got a companion that loves courting gifts, even though you can't actually court him, not to mention memorabilia lovers. Those gifts are way too easy to stock up on, given how most companions prefer weapons and cultural artifacts.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
05.06.2013 , 06:19 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
What would these two cultures, while famous in their own right, have to do with the Great War? As much as I'd love to be a sun guard, taking down Darth Malgus, or Karagga the Unyielding wouldn't quite feel as heroic.
The Echani, and by extension the Thyrsians, are the greatest generals in the galaxy, canonically. Since, at various stages of the game's timeframe, there's either a war brewing, a war taking place, or a war simmering, it would make sense that each side would want to court the respective planetary cultures associated with outstanding generals supposedly able to predict their opponents' military movements. In the KotOR games, an Echani general (Yusanis) is specifically mentioned as leading Republic forces against the Mandalorians alongside Revan and even specifically engaging him in a duel (though he lost, the fact that he could actually stand a chance against a Jedi without any augmentation speaks volumes about his combat capabilities).

Individually, an Echani or Thyrsian would likely have the same reasons as the other classes: they're threats to your faction and, as a hero to your faction, you're asked to take save it once again by taking part in the referenced actions.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

SmoleyMolehole's Avatar


SmoleyMolehole
05.06.2013 , 09:49 PM | #84
This is a great idea, almost seems more monk-like in description. I would love to play as one of them.Course, you'd have to convince Bioware to add them in, and to make all the necessary updates to the game to fit them. Plus, there'd be the races to consider.

AthielRosewood's Avatar


AthielRosewood
05.07.2013 , 09:12 AM | #85
You've completely lost the entire theme of the game, sith empire vs. republic. This class requires it's own separate lore that, according to you, largely has to be written into the star wars universe and has nothing to do with the current conflict or the game. How is this going to draw more people into the game by including a conflict no one's heard of or ever cared about? It makes little enough sense for the scrapper scoundrels to be sucker punching enemies like Gharj or Titan 6 in the leg and actually doing damage, do we need another class wailing away with their fists?

Also, recheck the names of some of your "new" abilities (i.e. extricate is the sorc friendly pull) and you made a clone of the trooper/bounty hunter defensive cooldown.

It is a neat idea to have a class with 2 energy pools. But please (I think it was the water build?), no more classes that spam the same ability over and over again. They've already tried to move Grav-round/tracer missile away from that and it's boring, unoriginal, and downright intellectually lazy.

Who puts spoiler tags in for their own ideas? lol
A gammorrean companion? Who wants to listen to that gibberish and oinking? IT"S A TRAP!
A tank companion with an assault cannon? They'd have to make a ton of new statted cannons (shield, defense, absorption) just for a companion. Waste of time and resources. And screw the commando who gets one of those as a drop...

You've put a lot of thought into this, but frankly it does not fit into this game. As someone said previously, there are enough melee classes as it is. I'd rather see a shared droid class. The visual customization options are nearly endless (anywhere from hk to scorpio to M1-4X) and a droid could fit easily onto either side. I bet a lot more people would rather play as a droid than an echani.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
05.08.2013 , 01:50 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by AthielRosewood View Post
You've completely lost the entire theme of the game, sith empire vs. republic. This class requires it's own separate lore that, according to you, largely has to be written into the star wars universe and has nothing to do with the current conflict or the game.
Pretty much all of the story involved in the writing of the game involves creating new lore around existing organizations. Some of the stuff, like the Gree, had only the vaguest mentions in any form of Star Wars lore before TOR stepped in. *Now*, we deal with the Gree all the time, thanks to the event and Asation.

The Echani have already been utilized by Bioware when they were writing the story for the first KoTOR. It got further developed in KotOR 2 (which, even if it wasn't developed by BW, is still within the continuity). So it's not as if the Echani would be coming out of nowhere.

Concerning your "Empire v. Republic" comment, the Echani were, at one point, represented in the Republic. The selfsame famous general that lead troops for and died in a duel with Revan in the Mandalorian Wars (Yusanis, if you're curious, wherein the only specific lore about him comes from the KotOR games) was a Republic Senator when he left the military (and, in fact, was a sitting senator when he challenged Darth Revan to said duel). The Thyrsians are explicitly written as an Echani offshoot that operates as a Sith cult, which means they side with the Empire. The only "rewriting" I'm doing to them is comparing the timeline and making it so that the schism occurs comparatively recently so as to allow for there only to be minute differences between the cultures at the moment (since, later on, they start wearing heavy armor and using weapons whereas the Echani have always focused on light armor and unarmed/lightly armed combat). The cultures are just as much part of the respective sides *already* as the Mandalorians (in fact, the Thyrsians would be *more* loyal to the Empire than the Mandalorians since the Mandos are only working with the Empire as mercenaries).

Quote:
How is this going to draw more people into the game by including a conflict no one's heard of or ever cared about?
First off, the conflict involved, as stated before, would be the exact same conflict as before: Republic v. Empire. Adding the classes I've suggested wouldn't predicate some massive movement from the existing storyline to some obscure conflict involving a remarkably often mentioned sideline culture/combat style (the unarmed combat style of the Imperial Guard and Imperial Intelligence were both explicitly derived from Echani; the Echani are mentioned numerous times in OR in a secondary context). It's simply bringing that culture into the existing conflict. The stories for the Echani and Thyrsians don't even involve the other side. The Echani deal with the Echani and the Thyrsians deal with the Thyrsians. The only mention of any kind is historical and possibly in a battleground. The only thing I'm adding is additional lore about the cultures. The players themselves wouldn't be taking part in the conflict (since, you know, it took place a few decades back) unless they explicitly wanted to roleplay themselves that way.

As to no one hearing or caring about the Echani, I take a bit of umbrage at that comment. The Echani are mentioned numerous times in the previous KotOR games so it's not like they aren't mentioned anywhere except for a few obscure books. There's even a character in KotOR 2 that is actually a trained Echani fighter. Echani isn't just some incredibly obscure culture created largely out of whole cloth. The only stuff I'm creating is filling in the holes concerning stuff that isn't mentioned (like the actual foundation of the Echani fighting style, when the Thyrsian Rebellion took place, ranks within the culture, etc.).

As to the desire to play, personally, I've always found them one of the more interesting cultures that the universe has spawned thanks to their "combat as communication" concept as well as the whole "we can predict fights on an almost prescient level". The only other major unarmed combat style in TOR was Teras Kasi which, had it not been for Star Wars Galaxies creating a class around it, would've only been known to a few die hard fans (most of which would've had to have played the old d6 based PnP game to know about it). Plenty of people would want to play as someone that can fight a Jedi to a standstill without ever using the Force, especially if it's almost an entire *culture* of people that can do it. One should never look down on novelty as a source of interest. Even if people haven't heard of it, they'll be made curious by hearing about it.

[quote]It makes little enough sense for the scrapper scoundrels to be sucker punching enemies like Gharj or Titan 6 in the leg and actually doing damage, do we need another class wailing away with their fists?[]

Quote:
Also, recheck the names of some of your "new" abilities (i.e. extricate is the sorc friendly pull) and you made a clone of the trooper/bounty hunter defensive cooldown.
As I've stated a few times before, nothing that I've posted here is written in stone, not to mention that not everything about the class has to be explicitly new. There are only so many ways that you can put together a survivability CD and most of them are pretty well explored, especially when the cooldown times and durations of said abilities are largely set in stone (2-2.5m CD, 10-12 sec duration). There isn't much wiggle room and, if you couldn't tell, the other CDs are different from everything else in game.

As to the name, I'm neither bound to it nor is it explicitly restricted. There are only so many words in the English language that mean "escape" or some variation on the theme and it's not as if there aren't any duplicate names for different abilities either (Diversion is both a GS/Sniper acc debuff as well as the Trooper threat drop). To me, Extricate sounds like the perfect ability to explain a martial artist getting out of a stun, immob, or other effect.

Quote:
It is a neat idea to have a class with 2 energy pools. But please (I think it was the water build?), no more classes that spam the same ability over and over again. They've already tried to move Grav-round/tracer missile away from that and it's boring, unoriginal, and downright intellectually lazy.
The only spec that does any degree of "spamming" is the shared tree Spirit, which doesn't simply spam arbitrarily. It drops a series of True Strikes after setting up for it. The actual design for it is borrowed from WoW with the Arcane mage which is actually often considered to be one of the more fun specs to play as. Yes, you chain cast one ability, but it's not like you're spamming Grav Round within the same context as Commando Grav Round (I actually have to laugh at the comparison because it shows that you've pretty much not read *anything* involving the actual specs).

Quote:
Who puts spoiler tags in for their own ideas?
For massive posts like this that are separated into discreet chunks, it's actually pretty common. It prevents everything from becoming one giant wall of text. I included the spoiler tags not because they're spoilers, but because they're the most effective way to make the class idea easy to read and navigate. As my signature says, I like walls of text, but I also know that most people don't, especially when it's a wall as large as this one.

Quote:
A gammorrean companion? Who wants to listen to that gibberish and oinking?
I'm just going to ignore this. You might not find the idea of a Gamorrean companion interesting, but I've wondered why there aren't any, considering how comparatively common they are in universe. There are some of the more obscure races, like the Dashade and the Houk, represented amongst the companions, as well as a Trandoshan and a Wookiee, but no Gamorrean. If you don't like the grunting and oinking, I have to wonder how you can enjoy the speaking of many of the other races out there (Trandoshans speak with a very similar intonation and I don't hear you complaining about them).

Quote:
A tank companion with an assault cannon? They'd have to make a ton of new statted cannons (shield, defense, absorption) just for a companion. Waste of time and resources. And screw the commando who gets one of those as a drop...
Those already exist (you'll find many people complaining about Cunning gear with tank stats on it, especially on Sniper Rifles or Vibroknives with Aim), as do a number of other weapons that exist purely for companions (Techblades). Just because it's not used by a player doesn't mean that it doesn't have a place when used for a companion, especially when the only nonstandard requirement for the implementation is the weapon category (I'm not recommending a Cunning based tank, which would actually require creating a massive amount of new Cunning gear with tank stats to accommodate it, especially at the endgame; the Assault Cannon tank still uses Aim so in *every other way* he'd be just like a VG/PT tank). Besides, to get a twinked out an Assault Cannon, the devs wouldn't need to add one with tank stats. The modification systems would allow you to just just find a moddable one Assault Cannon and put some tank mods in it. You could even yank all of the mods out of a straight up tank blaster pistol or blaster rifle. It's not really all that difficult.

Quote:
I'd rather see a shared droid class.
The devs have explicitly stated they're not going to add a droid class for the same reason that they're not going to add Wookiees as a playable race: it wouldn't work with the existing systems and options. First off, a droid class would require it's own set of races which are unique to that one class explicitly, or, as is more likely, a single race all to itself. Furthermore, unless those droid "races" are almost physically identical with the exception of minute variations in secondary characteristics (i.e. tendrils on face for Sith, mask for Miraluka, skin color/facial coloration for every other race), there would need to be multiple models for each piece of gear (there's a reason none of the companion droids show their gear: their bodies are too different from each other that each different body type would require different models). Furthermore, droids use completely different equipment, which means that, for every single instance in the entire game (as well as the normal loot tables for world drops), droid gear would need to be added.

Adding a droid class is an interesting concept (one that I've actually played around with several times), but it's just not going to happen because it's a *massive* amount of work to implement properly and would actually cut down on the real customization options available to players. One of the reasons I chose the Echani was because it's actually a concept that should be relatively easy to implement, as far as entirely new classes go, while still having sufficient difference from the existing classes to actually deserve being a separate class (it wouldn't be too hard to just create additional arbitrary Jedi/Sith class ideas, but, at that point, you're still just talking about more lightsaber jockeys): the armor would be shared by existing classes (meaning that the only new armor models you to make are the endgame tier pieces) so the only new models you would really need to make are weapons. Fist weapons already exist as an artefactual category within the game files, which suggests that there are probably a few to work with already, not that it wouldn't be too difficult to create some fancy/weird brass knuckles, spiked gloves, or blades held in the fist. The Double Bladed Vibroblades would be simple to make as well since most of them could be created by duplicating the patterns of existing Vibroblades.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

AthielRosewood's Avatar


AthielRosewood
05.09.2013 , 09:20 AM | #87
Compared to the other 4 existing classes, the echani and their silly sub-sect are coming out of nowhere. Yes, they were mentioned in the kotor games and there were actually 2 companions trained in echani fighting techniques in kotor 2 (if I were to list them, this is where a spoiler tag would be used). I'm glad you find them interesting, but how many people have delved as deep as you into the expanded universe? You bring up the gree, but are they a playable species? Do we have a gree-based class? No. They are merely a backdrop for a continuation of the dread masters story and a fun, periodic event (and a series of early quests on Coruscant).

Look at the other classes, they are all based off of highly recognizable and often treasured characters from the movies such as Han Solo, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, etc. You're telling me that Yusanis, a general that was never even seen and exists only in a background story in a video game belongs in that list?
Spoiler
Mandalorians play a large role in the game because they are actually part of the story and the timeline. You are thrusting the Echani into it because of a less-than-minor appearance in Kotor.

Let's get down to what really matters here, what is the marketability of the Echani to both existing players and to draw more people into the game? Theoretical Announcement: Rise of the Echani or Attack of the Monk Copycats or Yet Another Melee Class or Bruce Lee isn't Dead He's Just In Another Galaxy featuring the celebrated warriors, the Echani, and the bloodthirsty Thrysians! 99% of people wouldn't even know it was Star Wars until they saw (or heard) Star Wars in the press release/article/commercial. And then how many of them get excited about it? You, so there's one...but everyone else goes back to what they were doing and don't think about it again. Why? Because Echani has no meaning even to most Star Wars fans. Frankly, I'd rather be the Sarlacc Enforcer http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarlacc_Enforcer



Now, what is highly recognizable and interesting to the broadest spectrum of people (you know, the ones who don't spend their lives digging through the expanded Star Wars universe)? So marketable, in fact, that a major US Corporation licensed the name for their own products? You guessed it. Droid. Droids are ubiquitous in Star Wars and come in all shapes and sizes. The word droid evokes Star Wars in a way Echani never will. So a long time ago the devs said they're won't be playabe droids for the same reasons there will be no wookies. I'm not saying let's have droids as a playable race, I'm saying make droids their own standalone class. So, new team and things can change. But let's explore those reasons.

1. The playable character must be able to speak Basic. Check.

2. Weird Romances: The droid would have it's own story, so don't write them romances and disable the ones in world story arcs for that class. Instead, perhaps explore the line of person vs. machine, free will vs. programming the morality of the the memory wipe. Who made me and why? Is the droid just a servant, or can it exert it's own influence? The Droid would at least have something interesting to say in Directive 7.

3. Fitting armor to their body types: What happens visually with your droid companions when you put new armor on them? Nothing. This is where people can get really creative with their droid in character creation and the new appearance kiosk in 2.1. Each droid can be drastically different, because they don't have to be able to fit armor models on each one. If Bioware supplies the tools, there can be an endless amount of customization available. And since there are so many droids already in the game, the variation already exists.

4. Applicability of the species to all existing classes (the no wookie jedi problem): Simple, droids can only be the droid class. I know that droids can theoretically (or are in the extended universe or elsewhere in the game) be bounty hunters, troopers, or smugglers, but this way those classes don't have to be changed for the droid in such an expansion.

Your excuses for your lack of originality are pathetic. There's only so many words in the English language...so skills have to have the same name as completely different skills that existing classes already have. Synonyms for extricate: liberate, withdraw, extract, disencumber, disentangle, disengage, separate. That took 5 seconds. Just because Bioware had an oversight or was lazy doesn't give you the right to be.

You bring up techblades...do any playable characters use them? No. Companion only items. So it does not relate to tanking assault cannons. But since you brought it up, are there orange moddable tech blades? Yes. Are there orange moddable assault cannons with tanking stats? No. Only non-moddable drops and crafts if the random number generator doesn't like you and you end up with the rampart or one of the other purple versions that include shield. So, yes, they would have to create new cannons just for that silly companion to keep him on par with all the others.

Why are there no Gammorrean companions? Because they are incredibly unintelligent brutes that squeal constantly. I don't know what you're into, but that is not appealing. There is nothing interesting about a really dumb, giant pig. There is also nothing similar about the deep trandoshan voice and the high pitched squealing of the gammorreans. And this little piggy ran all the way home...

You still never addressed the addition of yet another melee class or the ridiculousness of beating on enemies like Titan 6 on the foot with your fists.

I'm sorry but this idea is not exciting and just doesn't fit. I'd have no problem with an echani event or the introduction of an Echani NPC, but I'm not ok with throwing them up on the bigstage with the Jedi and Sith because they just don't belong. What really means Star Wars the way Jedi does...Droid. They are ready for the bigstage because they have been on it since Day 1. Jedi, Sith, Droid, Echani, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter. When one thinks Star Wars, one of these is not like the others. One of these does not belong.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
05.09.2013 , 10:25 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by AthielRosewood View Post
Mandalorians play a large role in the game because they are actually part of the story and the timeline. You are thrusting the Echani into it because of a less-than-minor appearance in Kotor.
The Echani play just as much of a role as the Mandalorians do within the timeline. The only reason that the Mandalorians are more well known is because they're *villains* (that and they're more than a little bit of a ascended fandom; if you only watched the movies, you'd have no clue who the Mandalorians were/are and would only recognize them from the fact that they share a helmet with Boba Fett). The Echani were allies of the Republic so you're not really going to be fighting them, which means that, unless you actually visit an Echani enclave, you're don't really have a reason to see them. In fact, there are actually more Echani than just Yusanis mentioned in the TOR games. There are actually a few NPCs that you talk to both in KotOR and KotOR 2 that are actually Echani (and mentioned as such).

Quote:
Let's get down to what really matters here, what is the marketability of the Echani to both existing players and to draw more people into the game?
The marketability lies in the fact that you're getting new classes. *Playstyle* and novelty are the hook (not to mention that unarmed combat is actually something that most people would think is pretty interesting) and, if you actually read the idea rather than glossing over it and making strawman arguments based upon the barest grasp of the concept, you'd also realize that I'm not just recommending that this mirror class be added in a vacuum. My idea involves adding 2 separate classes as a purchasable additional pack. It wouldn't involve adding new story on top of the game outside of the class stories (which all largely exist in a vacuum).

Once again, I'm not screaming "OMG Echani expansion!". I'm saying "additional classes".

Quote:
Now, what is highly recognizable and interesting to the broadest spectrum of people (you know, the ones who don't spend their lives digging through the expanded Star Wars universe)?
I realize you want to use this as your own personal soap box to posit your ideas for a Droid class, but that's not really what I'm interested in discussing. I'm interested in discussing *this* idea. So, while I respect your idea for a Droid class, however unlikely it is to actually get made (even using your own logic, is there *any* droid main character? no, they're all support characters), your soapboxing isn't really appropriate for this thread.

Quote:
So a long time ago the devs said they're won't be playabe droids for the same reasons there will be no wookies. I'm not saying let's have droids as a playable race, I'm saying make droids their own standalone class.
The problem is *explicitly* that droids would have to be a standalone class. You're asking explicitly for a class/race combination that is *entirely* separate from *everything* else. That, right there, means that it's a lot less likely to happen: to get the same level of customization currently available to *everything else*, you need to put in a *crapton* more work. More work = less likely to happen, which apparently you have a hard time grasping.

Quote:
You bring up techblades...do any playable characters use them? No. Companion only items. So it does not relate to tanking assault cannons. But since you brought it up, are there orange moddable tech blades? Yes. Are there orange moddable assault cannons with tanking stats? No.
You're making a straw man argument here. You're specifically making an unequal comparison by comparing Ttechblades *without* specific stats to Assault Cannons *with* specific stats. There are moddable versions of *both* and, in fact, there are a helluva lot more moddable Assault Cannons than moddable Techblades. Developmentally, it's not even all that much work to change the mod/enh on the quest rewards. You're making an issue out of nothing.

Quote:
Why are there no Gammorrean companions? Because they are incredibly unintelligent brutes that squeal constantly.
That's opinion. It could also be pretty well applied to Wookiees or Trandoshans. Just because *you* don't like the idea doesn't mean it's unjustified. Hell, the character could just as easily be any of a number of different races. I chose Gamorrean because it's a common race that *hasn't* been used.

Quote:
You still never addressed the addition of yet another melee class or the ridiculousness of beating on enemies like Titan 6 on the foot with your fists.
How is fighting a giant robot with small arms any less ridiculous or a human sized person taking not just a single full on hit from a weapon/target that big but taking *numerous* hits over the course of a 10 minute fight? Why does it take numerous strikes from a lightsaber or blaster to take out a human when, in reality, a single hit is all you'd ever need? Why do droids *bleed* (seriously, the bleeding status effect hurts *droids* who have no blood; they don't even have hydraulic or pnuematic fluid lines that you could use in a similar context, just look at the movies when a droid gets cut/shot/etc; they're just wires and servos)?

The games operates as a game. It's no more absurd for a Smuggler to deal more damage with a punch (seriously, the most damaging attack a Smuggler gets is an unarmed strike; pistol whipping a target deals more damage than simply shooting them with it) than it would be to have an actual trained unarmed combatant dealing similar amounts of damage with punches and kicks (especially when you realize that I'm not just saying they're punching with bare fists; they're using field effect generators and gauntlets/knuckles/gloves).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
05.10.2013 , 02:17 PM | #89
Everyone likes a good enemy. For some reason that forum troll's comments and your rebuttal made me support this. Maybe it was the voss commando and gamorrean companions, (oh, and heads up: it's an idea for the Devs to add a Voss race. Hope this isn't story-breaking) but I'm sold. I haven't read the class stories, though. Probably never will to avoid a spoiler (in the hopeful thoughts they'll add this in the future ). Sooo... /signinfancyhandwriting
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
05.14.2013 , 03:59 AM | #90
You put a lot of thought and effort into this, far more in fact that anyone else I've seen. This is by far the most well-thought out and well-organized class idea that is both interesting and unique and I really enjoyed reading and imagining the story. However, me being a realistic person, I don't believe this idea is viable in the foreseeable future for the reasons some people already mentioned. I can imagine this class being added at some point down the road, but I think it would be a poor choice for the first additional class. Let me tell you (reiterate actually) why.

1. The overall melee-ranged ratio is not balanced. There are 3 melee Force-based and 2 melee Tech-based Advanced Classes. There's only one Force-based ranged and Tech-based ranged Advanced Classes. Adding two more melee ACs would shift the "balance" to 7 melee vs 3 ranged. That is way too much melee. With the double resource system, are they considered Force or Tech users?

2. There are already too many DPS specs in the game compared to tank and healer specs. Out of 24 specs, we have 3 tank, 3 heal and 18 DPS options (doubly counting shared trees, since they're not exactly the same). Adding 5 more DPS and 1 more tank spec, would give us 4 tank, 3 heal and 23 DPS options. Again, too many DPS specs.

I'd much rather see Classes like Inquisitors, Consulars, Troopers and Bounty Hunters. One AC can spec Tank/DPS, the other can spec Heal/DPS. This makes for the most versatile classes.

3. These classes don't feel like iconic Star Wars classes. In fact, to me, they don't feel like Star Wars-y at all. I've been a SW fan in my entire life, read every book there is but I have to admit, I have never in my life heard about any Thyrsians. The Echani are slightly more well-known among SW fans but I doubt that casual fans (the majority of the players) have heard about them, either.

TL; DR version: I reckon its a sound idea but it's not feasible to implement atm. We need more ranged and more healers/tank options before we add any more melee DPS. Lorewise it's too obscure and people won't recognize it as Star Wars. It might be a good addition at some point, but for now it belongs to the Wall of Crazy.

EDIT: The companion ideas are great, I'd love to have a Voss, Nekghoul or Gamorrean companion. (Let's face it....is Skadge more intelligent than the average Gamorrean?) They could be incorporated into future classes' companions.

EDIT 2: For the love of God, don't make a companion with a tanking Assault Cannon. Don't screw with Assault Cannons, they already have ****** mods sometimes. Just give him a standard tanking blaster rifle.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?