Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What will happen to: Ashoka, Ventress & Maul?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What will happen to: Ashoka, Ventress & Maul?

Doctoglethorpe
03.26.2013 , 12:27 AM | #11
Maul isn't smart enough to create a new Empire, or even a new league of Sith. Unless its just a mindless "kill dem darn jedi" group. Which if they based a movie off that, then FTS.

When are people gonna accept him for what he really was? A force-using errand boy. An assassin Palpatine never really intended to be a true apprentice. I don't even think his Darth title was ever even legitimate.

Ventessel
03.26.2013 , 02:43 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post

When are people gonna accept him for what he really was? A force-using errand boy. An assassin Palpatine never really intended to be a true apprentice. I don't even think his Darth title was ever even legitimate.
Even that title was reflective of his true uses. A maul is a heavy club or bludgeoning implement. That's what he was, a bat the Palpatine swung around.

Then he broke loose after his "death" (I am forced to accept that he lived, but still suspect he's a figment of Kenobi's imagination) and had no one pulling his strings. So he blundered around and tried to imitate his master, but then 'ol Palps found him and laid down the law.

Now he's presumably being tortured and broken again, to make him Palpatine's dog once more. Only this time, he won't even have the comforting illusion that he's an "apprentice" anymore.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

ImmortalLowlife
03.26.2013 , 06:41 AM | #13
And Asoka would only be in her 40-50's by episode VII right? Considering how long the average Jedi lifespan is, (not to mention she's an Alien) I could see her making her reappearance in 7 as a long lost Jedi who comes to the rescue of captured knight Ben Skywalker who's been captured by mandos (hint hint...)
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 09:08 AM | #14
We'll probably know by 2015.

Ventessel
03.26.2013 , 09:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
And Asoka would only be in her 40-50's by episode VII right? Considering how long the average Jedi lifespan is, (not to mention she's an Alien) I could see her making her reappearance in 7 as a long lost Jedi who comes to the rescue of captured knight Ben Skywalker who's been captured by mandos (hint hint...)
I'll probably throw up if the plot is Mandalorian-centric. Also, Ahsoka is what, 18-20 at the time of the Clone Wars? That's 50 years, at a minimum until the sequel's probable setting (30-40 ABY), so she'll be Count Dooku's age the very youngest. I'm not saying it isn't a far out there possibility of her making an appearance, because it would be interesting to see her character change, but there would be so much explaining to do it's almost not worth it.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

SoonerJBD
03.26.2013 , 11:25 AM | #16
Retcon them into oblivion. The end.

Beniboybling
03.26.2013 , 12:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Then he broke loose after his "death" (I am forced to accept that he lived, but still suspect he's a figment of Kenobi's imagination) and had no one pulling his strings. So he blundered around and tried to imitate his master, but then 'ol Palps found him and laid down the law.
Lol, tell me your not one of those people who actually cares about the logicality of Maul surviving? Cause 'the Force' aint' exactly logical.

Wolfninjajedi
03.26.2013 , 01:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, tell me your not one of those people who actually cares about the logicality of Maul surviving? Cause 'the Force' aint' exactly logical.
What is logical in fantasy anyway? Or rather....its logic fantasy that is ok.

For fantasy stuff, you gotta use the fantasy logic.

Its like comic logic, in real terms...Batman isn't human he isn't logical at all by real life logic.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel
03.26.2013 , 08:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It's more that Maul lives after getting eviscerated and plummeting thousands of feet to splatter on the bottom of a reactor shaft (of the kind that knocked Sidious out of the game) while Qui-Gon takes a single stab beneath the sternum and still dies.

Obviously Qui-Gon wasn't killed immediately, so Maul missed his vitals. He was live long enough to talk to Kenobi after a few minutes of lying on the ground, it's not like he was bleeding from a lightsaber wound... so why the hell is Maul somehow alive?

Beniboybling
03.27.2013 , 12:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
It's more that Maul lives after getting eviscerated and plummeting thousands of feet to splatter on the bottom of a reactor shaft (of the kind that knocked Sidious out of the game) while Qui-Gon takes a single stab beneath the sternum and still dies.

Obviously Qui-Gon wasn't killed immediately, so Maul missed his vitals. He was live long enough to talk to Kenobi after a few minutes of lying on the ground, it's not like he was bleeding from a lightsaber wound... so why the hell is Maul somehow alive?
That's my point, who really cares? My opinion of Maul's return is entirely bases on the benefits its brought to the series, which are abundant to say the least.