Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

kirorx
03.25.2013 , 08:16 PM | #21
Well I can see it from both stands

People think it would ruin the game because they find the need to level as a reason to play and that is understandable

Myself on the other hand does not view the level grind as fun, I enjoy playing ops, warzones and just RPing with peeps
I don't need rewards to play, I just enjoy the content and storylines for just that, it's just fun to play a Sith

Maybe you could get level fifty for classes you have already played to 50
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

YoshiRaphElan
03.25.2013 , 08:17 PM | #22
No way. I enjoy the grind more than endgame!

ScarletBlaze
03.25.2013 , 08:19 PM | #23
I vote No. (And Yes I read the post)
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

WarDrake
03.25.2013 , 11:21 PM | #24
insta 50 is a terrible idea... but for gods sakes! give us a way to level that is not the ridiculous mind melting boring planet quests that we've done a million times already or warzones because not everyone likes to PvP

Uvirith
03.26.2013 , 03:16 AM | #25
1000 times against.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

SebastiaanZ
03.26.2013 , 03:24 AM | #26
No, no, no and a million times no.

That you even seriously make a thread about this.

Better ... that we even reply to this enormous stupid idea.

JPryde
03.26.2013 , 03:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MurQueL View Post
Hahah, wow, it seems the "negative nellies" are the most prominent in the forums, eh?

It's strange but I'm pretty sure players in favor of something like this were plentiful... Still, we'll see.

Keep in mind the requirements. Specifically, Legacy level 50 means either you already have plenty of alts, or simply that you've been playing for a long time, so there's really not much that'd be "taken away"...

Anyway, edited OP for clarity. Will do tallys if this takes off. Won't if not.
First off: Against.

Then to your post... Why is everyone, who doesn't agree with your idea a "negative nellie" ? If you do not like to get answers, do not ask questions.

I personally am pretty close to legacy 50, and I would never want to use such a "boom, lvl 50"... then again, I also would not want to play in a group with someone, who is the designated tank of the group, but did not even have that char 30 minutes earlier.

If you want a char with a different mechanic, then level it from the start and learn how it works. The whole leveling field is a way to get to know your character and to know, what you can do and what you should not do.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

beasthunt
03.26.2013 , 04:40 AM | #28
Against.

I have 11 toons. 4x 50, 1 in the 40's, and others nubs. Oh how I would love the option to just take the nubs to lvl 50 BUT then you would suck at your class. It is bad enough that you join HM FP's and daily heroics with people who do not even know what a cc is and jump righ to the target you mark for cc. As much as I would love to have a straight to 50 option, it would just be a horrible mess.
"Maverik Matuso will be my name.
Killing for teh lewt will be my game"

CommanderKeeva
03.26.2013 , 04:47 AM | #29
Don't you mean "straight-to-55" option? Do you feel entitled to skip Makeb, too?

The levelling process is there for a reason and that is to LEARN YOUR CLASS. You can speed up the leveling process, I don't object to each legacy level giving a passive experience boost (that can be turned off because I know people who don't want to speed through content even on their bazillionth characters), but skipping leveling altogether is like skipping the entire Return of the Jedi and going straight to the point where Vader throws Palpie down the reactor. Where would be the fun in that?

Oh yeah I had to vote: NO.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

BraaxusKun
03.26.2013 , 05:05 AM | #30
To the people saying that leveling to 50 is to learn your class, it's probably EXTREMELY safe, to say that you learn MORE about your character at 50 than while leveling, just look at noob pvp. And I'm pretty sure anyone at legacy level 50 doesn't have too much more to learn considering the huge amount of time it takes to achieve.

Most people are probably disagreeing because they aren't legacy 50 themselves, but seriously, if you've spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours grinding your own toons to get to legacy 50, what's the point of having to spend another 3/4/5 days of play time spacebarring through the same quests AGAIN and farming a few npcs....killings npcs sub 50 doesn't really take that much skill, you could just roll your face on the keyboard and do just as well.

I support this, even though I'm not legacy 50 yet.