Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

Storm-Cutter
03.25.2013 , 02:33 PM | #11
No. - No point playing if this is implemented.
-Storm Cutter.

SWGEvictee
03.25.2013 , 02:42 PM | #12
I vote no.

MurQueL
03.25.2013 , 04:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Glowrod View Post
No, it's just that your idea is so bad that it's laughable. Why don't you just add a God mode while you're at it...
I mean, aquiring a legacy level of 50 comes after much, much, MUCH, playtime, and most likely after leveling 2 or 3 other alts (or more). Maybe It's "god mode", but so what? It's just for content you experience exclusively on your own and that you've already done 2 to 5 times (planet quests/flashpoints/space missions).
This is aimed mostly at veteran players who can skip the levelling part they've done many times already. Consider there are some players (myself included) that will only make an alt just to experience the class story, and nothing else, so, having to grind planetary quests/space missions/flashpoints is mind-meltingly boring. Then there are those who don't have time to play 18hrs/day (like SirCopperfield )

I know I saw many others pining for this on other threads... I wonder if people read all of the OP instead of just replying to the thread title...
"I prefer to think of myself as ruggedly handsome."
"So, you're desperate and you have a lot of money. I like where this is going."
"I wasn't planning to live forever, anyway. I'm in."

Hanndo - Dirty Fighting Scoundrel (lv55)

AnaxagorasZ
03.25.2013 , 04:51 PM | #14
Against. No, the legacy requirement doesn't change a thing. Really this game is so easy to level up in that the idea is laughable.

TheNahash
03.25.2013 , 05:03 PM | #15
Really, really bad idea.
Against.

Pscyon
03.25.2013 , 05:25 PM | #16
I'd vote against it.

Still, if implemented, it wouldn't cause me to throw a tantrum since it wouldn't directly affect me to any big degree.
Sith Sorcerer

PetFish
03.25.2013 , 05:27 PM | #17
*sigh* We all knew this topic was coming.

This is one step below Legacy "straight-to-win" option where you get the perk and every time you start the game it just says "you win" and shuts down.

Why even bother buying a game if you're not going to play it?
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

TheNahash
03.25.2013 , 05:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
*sigh* We all knew this topic was coming.

This is one step below Legacy "straight-to-win" option where you get the perk and every time you start the game it just says "you win" and shuts down.

Why even bother buying a game if you're not going to play it?
Oh haven't you heard?
It's the 2013 way of playing games.
#iwin #Iwanteverythingnao

(PS: But just so we're clear the OP doesn't suggest something that would allow for someone to buy the game and get insta-50s. Having legacy level 50 means you have done quite a lot of things in-game. Not that that makes the idea better, but I'm just saying)

JamieKirby
03.25.2013 , 05:39 PM | #19
No thank you, hell no. lol

Kuronan
03.25.2013 , 06:26 PM | #20
I'm going to be the very first one in your thread to say 'Yes, after playing the game and leveling alts 10 times, I'm getting ridiculously tired of the grind, make it faster, or remove it for those of us who have played this game so long we've maxed out our Legacy.'

I've played the game 10 days after release, only taking very minor breaks to escape stress overloads from RP and some OOC issues, I have leveled every possible base class to at least 37 and ran right through the stories to max out companions. After a year of the same quests I usually end up skipping right through the first time, I honestly am getting tired of the ridiculous grinds forcing me to kill mobs again, and again, and again, with the only release from the agonizingly dull grind being Warzones (Assuming a pre-made guild isn't on) or the actual Class Story, which is quickly cut through and between many times by forcing me to run to one spot twenty miles from town, having some fun with it for maybe 20 minutes at absolute most, and then a (metaphorical) giant arrow points 50 miles away from where I am saying 'You finished this part, keep going' and this is especially painful when for every single alt, I need to find every individual Travel Point and Quick Travel Location.

Now, I see a lot of the community is against it, and to a degree, I have to agree even as painful as the grind can be, it has a purpose. Instead, as we level up our legacy, we should be able to gain Character Experience faster. To prevent ridiculous complaints, I say that each Legacy Level would increase total EXP gain by... say, 0.5%, because we all know 1% would be ridiculously Overpowered and pretty much break the game (Level 50 Legacies would have +25% Experience, not including EXP boosters or Character Leveling Perks, and when combined to maximum effect, this would mean we can get EXP at 250% speed, counting EXP Boosters and Rested EXP, but not counting Character Leveling perks)
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.