Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

CaldaRaric
04.02.2013 , 02:30 PM | #111
No, never. WoW did something similar to an instant level cap character and I never played that character. I never felt like there was a point to play him.

Elly_Dawn
04.02.2013 , 03:42 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by QetraFussion View Post
this is the worst carebear idea you could seriously recommend, definitely won't fly
i wouldn't call this a carebear idea as it seems something that would appeal to PvP players that wanna skip the story just so they can get to proving they're "legendary" or "superior" gamers to everyone else by being massive jerks... as an anti-PvP player, or as you would call a carebear, i find the idea of skipping to Lvl.50 appalling...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Glowrod
04.02.2013 , 03:52 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
Considering how long it takes to get to legacy lvl 50, it would be completely pointless as you would have more than 8 characters at lvl 50 as it is. I have not even hit legacy 40 yet and I have 7 lvl 50's.
How many level 30 characters would it be? What about people like me that stop playing at about level 40 because it get's so *********** hard that I can't get any farther, so I get toon after toon to level 40, but very few to 50. Suddenly I have the option to get unlimited 50's because I reached legacy 50? something wrong with that logic.

Something else to consider, I've only gotten to 50 three times and the quest chain seems to continue. If you get an insta-50, would you still have to go back and do all of the quests from level 1?

VIP Lounge Member

kirorx
04.02.2013 , 08:00 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
This is kinda pointless, as you would still have to at least run your class story missions if you wanted to get all your companions.

I would rather see a legacy unlock to activate a double XP bonus than a simple insta-50.
That would be the fun part, I would play sith warrior again and again again

There light side, dark side, girl and boy version

I can make ratattaki sith now so I can make a Asasjj Ventress like character
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

MastaKorgy
04.08.2013 , 09:40 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by MurQueL View Post
Would you like for there to be a Legacy option to skip to level 50 instantly?

The minimum requirements for access to this option would be:
  • You must be Legacy Level 50.
  • You must have chosen your Advanced Class.
  • Must be a subscriber.

Vote for or against this here for all to see what the general concensus is.

NOTE: As OP I will not vote either way, as I am not invested one way or the other. I do have an opinion, but ultimately whether the matter in question would be implemented or not isn't really my concern. This thread was done out of curiosity, having seen a few posts expressing interest in an option of this nature and thinking it might be a boon for altoholic veterans who've done the grind enough times that it just becomes a repetitive routine...
LOL

This must be like the only thread where everyone disagrees lmao, The horror!
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

Darth_Moonshadow
04.08.2013 , 09:59 AM | #116
No thanks. It seems like you want just skip playing the game to get to the end so you can say "Oh well I have like 20 Level 50's". That's not cool. If you're burnt out from playing, then just stop playing. No one cares if you want to play another game. It's okay. Come back when you feel like playing again or some new content drops that you think you'd enjoy. Game will still be here.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

jgoldsack
04.08.2013 , 10:21 AM | #117
Against.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Corellona
04.08.2013 , 10:43 AM | #118
I know it has been said a few times already... but NO. I like to play the game and EARN my way, Thank you though.

kmsprincess
04.08.2013 , 02:47 PM | #119
I'm going to say "Yes" but then allow me to qualify it. I agree in principle with what is being suggested here, but I don't think it should be "straight-to-50". I do think there should be a progressive EXP boost, as a few others have suggested. Something to the effect that for each alt lvl 50 you get a boost, say 25% per lvl 50 toon (just throwing out a number as an example). Effectively when you were at Legacy Lvl 50 you would be able to level the characters up really fast. This would have a similar effect to what the OP said, since to get to Legacy Lvl 50 takes a lot of work and grinding, and getting many alto to lvl 50 to accomplish, and by that point you would have a huge boost accumulated. But the good thing that slightly sets it apart is it isn't exactly insta-50 - you would still have somewhat of a "learning your character" experience and progressing your character through levels, it would just happen really quickly and you could do it while going from class quest to class quest mostly.

Xarlelso
04.08.2013 , 04:12 PM | #120
Bad idea. You would grind one class and get to 50 then auto pop the rest with ZERO clue how to play them. We have people that grind to 50 and are still clueless how to play that toon.
Xarlelso
Rouge LVL 50 Commando Medic
Zal'Kem
LVL 50 Sniper