Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

GeckoOBac
03.29.2013 , 05:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mandoforlife View Post
So, since main stat has almost a non-existent DR, I'm guessing that augmenting main stat will be the best choice?
Probably, but it depends on whether the very much reduce crit gain from mainstat is enough to offset the loss in straight bonus damage compared to power.

Given the amount of +% mainstat buffs you can get, I'm fairly sure that mainstat augments will still be the best option for dps and likely healers, but I don't have mathematical proof.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Bare-Giin
03.29.2013 , 10:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Probably, but it depends on whether the very much reduce crit gain from mainstat is enough to offset the loss in straight bonus damage compared to power.

Given the amount of +% mainstat buffs you can get, I'm fairly sure that mainstat augments will still be the best option for dps and likely healers, but I don't have mathematical proof.
Actually I've heard that there will be an increasse to crit from mainstat, and I heard it after the pts was closed.. Might just be a rumor tho, cuz i didnt read it myself.
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

GeckoOBac
03.29.2013 , 12:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bare-Giin View Post
Actually I've heard that there will be an increasse to crit from mainstat, and I heard it after the pts was closed.. Might just be a rumor tho, cuz i didnt read it myself.
Not a rumour, but crit contribution from mainstat was raised relative to the NEW 2.0 contribution, and the amount raised was quite small too. In the end, it's still quite less than what is live right now.

manlysnowball
04.02.2013 , 09:50 AM | #24
Thankyou for doing the footwork gentlemen, I'm a bit anal about gearing and this was providing me with some anxiety going into 2.0 not knowing how DR and stat contribution has changed.

I might not get all the math, but I get the broad point.

Keep up the good work you guys are awesome.

DroidDreamer
04.03.2013 , 06:02 PM | #25
So power or main stat? Especially on augments...
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

GeckoOBac
04.03.2013 , 09:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
So power or main stat? Especially on augments...
As the bonus damage contribution hasn't changed (AFAIK), the crit portion on mainstat couple with the +% increasing buff (and talents) should still make mainstat better than power, point per point.

dipstik
04.04.2013 , 03:03 PM | #27
going main stat or power depends on your base dps (before crit, surge, alacrity, power, mainstat etc) and how much crit you get from skill/buffs etc...

i think before they changed the crit equation i found that if you got more than 8% buff to mainstat, you should go main stat...and this number increases with increased amount of crit boost to abilities... so if you get 20% boost to your crit chance, then u need 11% buff to main stat to make main stat better than power.

but everything depends on everything in the model im using, so your boost to surge would also affect this number, and since surge trades with alacrity and accuracy, those boost will change the amount of surge that is optimal

etc etc etc

DroidDreamer
04.04.2013 , 05:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
going main stat or power depends on your base dps (before crit, surge, alacrity, power, mainstat etc) and how much crit you get from skill/buffs etc...

i think before they changed the crit equation i found that if you got more than 8% buff to mainstat, you should go main stat...and this number increases with increased amount of crit boost to abilities... so if you get 20% boost to your crit chance, then u need 11% buff to main stat to make main stat better than power.

but everything depends on everything in the model im using, so your boost to surge would also affect this number, and since surge trades with alacrity and accuracy, those boost will change the amount of surge that is optimal

etc etc etc
Ok so under this Sniper MM build I get:

--+9% main stat
--+3% Ranged and Tech Crit Chance
--+3% Ranged and Tech Accuracy
--+4% Crit Chance to Snipe, Series of Shots and Follow Through (main bread and butter Sniper attacks)
--+15% Crit Chance to Series of Shots and Takedown (Sniper execute ability)
--+30% increase to crit damage to Series of Shots and Takedown

I presume that because of the 9% increase to mainstat that I should augment main stat, correct? Should I put the rest into power? What about crit and surge?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

dipstik
04.05.2013 , 12:42 PM | #29
after buff you get 14% to mainstat, so you should definatly go main stat for all augments. in terms of crit vs. power, i honestly think they made it so there is around a 2% difference between going all power vs. having around 400 crit. this makes gearing much more forgiving. if you were lethality, then the crit on dots regening energy could be an argument for going with more crit, just tio stabalize the rotation, but not sure about MM.

at the mmo-mechanics forums there is someone that is working on a program where you enter your stats, your base dmg, your crit buffs for eacha bility then it determines the best power/crit balance for each ability, and you enter the % dps form each ability and gives a weighted sum result for BiS crit/power... once they update for 2.0 you might want to look into that. i have been doping something a little different, where i take a parse, use the % dps and the crit % to set a base boost to crit equal to the weighted sum form those values, then perform an analysis based on that info... i have not yet used a similar method for determining an "average" surge boost, which wil;l also affect the equations.

using this rough model i have found that going less than 100 surge and putting the rest into accuracy and alacriy to be best for just about everything... but that does not take energy regen tiers into account. i have tried an even split between surge/accuracy against alacrity./accuracy and didnt see much of a difference in dps, so again... gear is very forgiving. i ended up using one alacrity enhancement so my rotation lined up perfectly... and i will typically use a more forgiving build/rotation than one that out performs.

all that being said... i really wish some people would update simulation craft for swtor, so we dont have to use these crap models for analyzing damage/healing dynamics.

Dragonbgone
04.10.2013 , 10:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
at the mmo-mechanics forums there is someone that is working on a program where you enter your stats, your base dmg, your crit buffs for eacha bility then it determines the best power/crit balance for each ability, and you enter the % dps form each ability and gives a weighted sum result for BiS crit/power... once they update for 2.0 you might want to look into that. i have been doping something a little different, where i take a parse, use the % dps and the crit % to set a base boost to crit equal to the weighted sum form those values, then perform an analysis based on that info... i have not yet used a similar method for determining an "average" surge boost, which wil;l also affect the equations.
Those persons would be me and a guild mate. We're currently working on improving it while adding the new formulae which are found here. There is a lot of work from us to come in the near future.
And as far as I've been able to see, if you have the 9% buff to your stats then mainstat's the way to go, but if not then power it is. (that's a very general statement that has NOT been extensively tested)
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic