Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arena Hungry...Tired of Waiting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Arena Hungry...Tired of Waiting

USERTWO
03.24.2013 , 04:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
If you need any help organizing, let me know.
Yeah, I'm gonna need some help. I actually like the "do your own matches on your own time" thing.
In all actuality, do you mind if I take your rules word for word? I like that there are no tank/heal combos. Those are boring and last a ridic amount of time.
Donations will be accepted for the prize pool, but I am not making them mandatory. The reason I am not asking for money for this is because (even though I wouldn't dare) it is sketchy to just give money to some random player. I can't think of anything in the game that would allow for that.
I will just pay out 1st, 2nd and 3rd. EVERYBODY will get something. Whether it be a stack of medpacs, adrenals, a special piece of cartel gear. This is all out of my own pocket. I just want to do something awesome for the server, because most of you are amazing people and pvpers.
I think that's incentive enough.

Lazaris
03.24.2013 , 05:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by irojoz View Post
brotherrrrr
Breks (Semi-retired)
Breaks
S T R I F E
"Get in 4's bro."

Thehairyjedi
03.24.2013 , 08:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazaris View Post
brotherrrrr
*Carnal
Rolánd-55 Gunslinger Davak-55 Sentinel Rollíe-55 Scoundrel
Lou'achi-55 Sage - Gurlong Tank 55 Vanguard -Rolandø 55 Operative -Kaelgor 55 Mercenary

Morde_
03.24.2013 , 08:50 PM | #14
You can copy as many of the rules as you'd like
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

shammah
03.25.2013 , 12:16 AM | #15
Lol ThIs Time I'm thinking Hard About My Partner Lol. My Last One Hasn't Logged In Since OUr Round One Duel

Lazaris
03.25.2013 , 04:24 PM | #16
Hmmm pain train... So an all smash tournament bro?
Breks (Semi-retired)
Breaks
S T R I F E
"Get in 4's bro."

Wuzan
03.26.2013 , 12:46 AM | #17
The last 2v2 tourney hosted by scold started in jan. There's still 4 teams in it who are now in the second last round. It's march.... its just really hard to organize teams to play against one another on this server.
Sifu <Synergy> Bastion Server.

USERTWO
03.26.2013 , 06:14 AM | #18
I understand, Sifu. I am actually thinking about organizing something on a larger scale after 2.0 comes out. After everyone gets gear and it normalizes, I think that will be the perfect time to start up something again.

I'll post here again after I talk with a few people and gauge interest.

Just a teaser: Arena league. It's gonna be like the gosh darn NFL. We'll have divisions (round robin in each; best out of 5), then brackets for playoffs and other stuff. Haven't really worked it out in my head, but I think a 20 million credit grand prize would be awesome and more than doable. I'll even make a website for it so we can keep track of everything. The tournaments will be play as you want, just like Scold's 2v2s, with a general deadline so it doesn't drag on for months (more importantly, over patches that may change gameplay).
JUST A THOUGHT.

LegendaryQuan
03.26.2013 , 06:31 AM | #19
The game is not balanced or set up for pvp in an arena format. I mean the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or whatever tournaments can be fun and a break from the monotony but you simply cant win unless your entire team are sins or ops. Otherwise you will without a doubt start the match one man down (at least. good teams would probably global your entire team without taking a point of dmg if you were playing a comp of 3 of the other 6 classes). Their isnt any room to build a good comp with a good team because their is only 4 choices.

1. op/op/op
2. sin/sin/sin
3. op/op/sin
4. sin/sin/op

This game is a long way off from implementing any kind of arena and would require a completely seperate build of abilities and mechanics for it to work. I would not be surprised if in 2 or 3 years (or ever) their were still no arena in swtor.

USERTWO
03.26.2013 , 07:13 AM | #20
I really don't care. This isn't really for anything serious and it is designed for exactly that: having fun and breaking the monotony that is 8 man warzones. I stated before that I know there is class imbalance, and I know it will play a factor. The bottom line is: I don't care. And yes, I firmly believe that elite players with those combos would destroy everything in their path, but there are many variables. I'll have you know that in the past 2v2 we had a shadow/sage combo defeat an assassin/assassin combo AND a marauder/sorc combo beat an assassin/operative combo. WEAK players will always get schooled by STRONG players.