Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arena Hungry...Tired of Waiting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Arena Hungry...Tired of Waiting

USERTWO
03.24.2013 , 01:30 PM | #1
Ok, I want to first start off by saying that I have been playing TOR since launch and I have been an avid pvper ever since I got introduced to that style of gameplay. I think the PVP in TOR is excellent so far, but it could use some arenas. Now, I know that some of you will say the classes are unbalanced and some comps will blow other comps out of the water. THAT...may be true. However, I think this can still be fun and exciting for all of us involved.

I want to organize an ARENA TOURNAMENT. Actual brackets, actual team signups and shtuff. I haven't yet worked out any details of how I am going to accomplish this mountain of a task, but I do believe that the awesome community of the Bastion will be more than willing to outstretch a hand. Now, just to show that I am not full of ****, I am putting up the amount of one million in-game credits to the winners as a donation for being awesome and supportive of this whole endeavor.

Now, everyone can join in on this. The only problem I foresee with this is the inevitable ganking that is going to occur between factions. It's going to happen, we all like to mess with each other, but let's try to keep this somewhat organized (although I am totally down for some massive open world pvp).
I will announce what I plan to do soon on the forums.

So, TLDR:

-ARENA TOURNAMENT to be held sometime in the next couple of weeks. Before the new xpac.

-1 million CREDIT prize to 1st, 500,000 to 2nd, 250,000 to 3rd. 4th place gets something special, and everyone will get something for joining.

-I will be posting this prize out of my own in-game funds and remember, it is just a donation. I do not expect anything in return for doing this or anyone to contribute money to play in this. I just want some good, old-fashioned deathmatch.

I will probably end up making a website to facilitate registration for this and post some brackets. I can do it really quickly if there is enough interest. Probably be double elim with best out of 5. 2 v 2 is usually pretty quick (some can go on forever though).

What do you guys think?

-INIQUITA-
LVL 50 SITH MARAUDER
<PAIN TRAIN>

Morde_
03.24.2013 , 01:42 PM | #2
Good luck. 2v2 was difficult enough for me.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

USERTWO
03.24.2013 , 01:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Good luck. 2v2 was difficult enough for me.
I know that the general consensus after reading my post will be "skeptical". I will put forth the most effort possible to make this an enjoyable experience and the most competitive one. I am offering the creds because I don't care about them and I want to offer some incentive.

Morde_
03.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #4
I don't doubt your spirit, and I don't want to discourage you. I'm just saying that I've tried to do tournaments before (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=585306) and it's more difficult than it sounds when people don't seem to give a **** to get their games done.
Scold
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
carried by jonie

USERTWO
03.24.2013 , 02:20 PM | #5
I love everything about what you did with that, Scold.

Hit me up in game if you can.

-INIQUITA-
<PAIN TRAIN>
LVL 50 SITH MARAUDER

Morde_
03.24.2013 , 02:22 PM | #6
If you need any help organizing, let me know.
Scold
carried by jonie

irojoz
03.24.2013 , 02:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
If you need any help organizing, let me know.
tbh if people pay money to be in the tourny, which not only adds to the grandprize, but i think it gives them incentive to get their games done since they put money on it

Lazaris
03.24.2013 , 03:41 PM | #8
Here comes the paaaaaaain.
Breks (Semi-retired)
Breaks
C R E S C E N D O
Star Trek The Next Generation Roleplaying Guild

irojoz
03.24.2013 , 04:16 PM | #9

USERTWO
03.24.2013 , 04:18 PM | #10
I watched that gif in your signature over that video. I highly recommend this.
-INIQUITA-
LVL 50 SITH MARAUDER - THE BASTION
<PAIN TRAIN>