Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best of Star Wars Acting


Duravian's Avatar


Duravian
03.26.2013 , 11:43 AM | #11
Jeff Bennett who does Revan in swtor and Kyle Katarn in both Jedi Knight games.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
03.26.2013 , 12:03 PM | #12
I know you said top 3 but others aren't sticking to the rules so in no order...


1. Ian McDiarmid (this guy sold me on Palpatine and Lord Sidious and he's got great depth)
2. Alec Guiness (another awesome actor. I've seen him in Bridge on the Quay which he did great in)
3. Liam Neeson (seriously? I will find you and I will kill you!!!)
4. Ewan McGregor (In some ways, he did a better job on Obi-Wan than Alec but that's because he was alive longer)

Voice Actors
1. Kevin Michael Richardson (He does the voice of Jolee Bindo and narrates the Hope trailer. The Hope trailer completely sold me on this game and I love his characters on American Dad and Family Guy)
2. James Arnold Taylor (He does Obi-Wan and plenty of other voices in this game and other TV shows including family guy)
3. Jennifer Hale (Bastilla Shan and her descendant Satele. I found that to be awesome beyond words and shes the female Shephard in ME)
4. James Earl Jones (he should be first in this list cause he brought Vader to life with his acting)
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
03.26.2013 , 12:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Anthony Daniels is a Voice guy since he was actually in the gold suit?
I see your point, but will counter with the fact that he voices the role in TCW. I just think that the 3P0 character overall is really well done.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.26.2013 , 01:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Anthony Daniels is a Voice guy since he was actually in the gold suit?
I should have included C-3PO there, but yes, he is a voice actor since he doesn't actually do a great deal of acting, just kinda waddles about.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.26.2013 , 01:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Voice Actors
1. Kevin Michael Richardson (He does the voice of Jolee Bindo and narrates the Hope trailer. The Hope trailer completely sold me on this game and I love his characters on American Dad and Family Guy)
He also had a brief appearance in TCW series (rescored) - great voice actor. In fact quality voice acting in Star Wars is pretty abundant.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 04:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I should have included C-3PO there, but yes, he is a voice actor since he doesn't actually do a great deal of acting, just kinda waddles about.
I am not convinced to let Daniels go with this explanation because he's in the suit waddling.

However... I think I can accept him because of this:

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I see your point, but will counter with the fact that he voices the role in TCW. I just think that the 3P0 character overall is really well done.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 04:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
I know you said top 3 but others aren't sticking to the rules so in no order...


1. Ian McDiarmid (this guy sold me on Palpatine and Lord Sidious and he's got great depth)
2. Alec Guiness (another awesome actor. I've seen him in Bridge on the Quay which he did great in)
3. Liam Neeson (seriously? I will find you and I will kill you!!!)
4. Ewan McGregor (In some ways, he did a better job on Obi-Wan than Alec but that's because he was alive longer)

Voice Actors
1. Kevin Michael Richardson (He does the voice of Jolee Bindo and narrates the Hope trailer. The Hope trailer completely sold me on this game and I love his characters on American Dad and Family Guy)
2. James Arnold Taylor (He does Obi-Wan and plenty of other voices in this game and other TV shows including family guy)
3. Jennifer Hale (Bastilla Shan and her descendant Satele. I found that to be awesome beyond words and shes the female Shephard in ME)
4. James Earl Jones (he should be first in this list cause he brought Vader to life with his acting)
JEJ for sure. If you watch the takes where Prowse did the voice before the JEJ dubs, Star Wars would have been seen as a comedy because the BA guy dressed in black and supposed to instill fear sounded like a dweeb. I think those things are on the internet where you can see without James Earl Jones, it wouldn't have been as good.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.26.2013 , 05:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sir Christopher Lee
I weep at the sight of his name only being singled out once.

Oh and how in the name of hell is Peter Cushing not in these lists?
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

BlueArab's Avatar


BlueArab
03.26.2013 , 07:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I should have included C-3PO there, but yes, he is a voice actor since he doesn't actually do a great deal of acting, just kinda waddles about.
Absolutely wrong. He brings a character, who can show no physical emotion, to life, through both his voice acting, and the use of small gestures.

To say he was just flailing about shows the lack of understanding you have for the appreciation you show to this character.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
03.26.2013 , 07:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I weep at the sight of his name only being singled out once.

Oh and how in the name of hell is Peter Cushing not in these lists?
The thread is about the best of Star Wars acting. Christopher Lee is without a doubt a great actor. However, (and this is just my opinion) in the Star Wars Saga, he literally sounded like he didn't even know where he was. Blame it on the blue/green screen sets or what not, but IMHO he was not good in Star Wars.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk