Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please disney dont do this

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 06:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So exactly, how creditable is this source?
Let's remember it isn't making any statements. Its only speculating based on recent events, which for the record are pretty much true.

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 06:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Lucasarts has been doing nothing but putting out half-baked games anyways. I am more than welcome to a change.
I partly agree with you, but I'm more worried about what it will be replaced with. Disney's Star Wars: Kinect 2?

Wolfninjajedi
03.24.2013 , 07:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Let's remember it isn't making any statements. Its only speculating based on recent events, which for the record are pretty much true.
Ya..speculation, so until actually proven...we don't know.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 08:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya..speculation, so until actually proven...we don't know.
Of course its all speculation, but its still a possibility.

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 11:25 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I partly agree with you, but I'm more worried about what it will be replaced with. Disney's Star Wars: Kinect 2?
I actually thought of Kingdom Hearts and how sweet a sequel with Star Wars characters would be.

Let's remember that Disney is not a "children's company". They're smooth professionals, possibly the best in the world when it comes to managing franchises and producing innovative intellectual property and creative content.

They brought us Pirates of the Caribbean and Avengers Assemble. Those are the measure we should be judging Disney by, it's silly to think that Disney will "dumb down" or otherwise vandalize the next Star Wars film. The people writing and producing the new film (and any games that may accompany it) are devoted fans just like the people on these forums. They care about the mythology of Star Wars and will preserve the integrity of Lucas' vision. To do otherwise would really just sabotage their own profits in the end.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 12:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I actually thought of Kingdom Hearts and how sweet a sequel with Star Wars characters would be.

Let's remember that Disney is not a "children's company". They're smooth professionals, possibly the best in the world when it comes to managing franchises and producing innovative intellectual property and creative content.

They brought us Pirates of the Caribbean and Avengers Assemble. Those are the measure we should be judging Disney by, it's silly to think that Disney will "dumb down" or otherwise vandalize the next Star Wars film. The people writing and producing the new film (and any games that may accompany it) are devoted fans just like the people on these forums. They care about the mythology of Star Wars and will preserve the integrity of Lucas' vision. To do otherwise would really just sabotage their own profits in the end.
Before I begin may I say I'm not in the camp that believes Star Wars is going to be transformed into some kiddie thing/Jar Jar the Movie. I'm in the camp which is a little nervous about, as you say, the 'smooth professionals' with dollar signs in there eyes.

For example: the entire 'Avenges' thing was a money grabbing corporate scheme, and Avengers Assemble was essentially an average film. It drew viewers in with stunning visuals and lots of superheroes, but that was all it was designed to do - make money. And in did that at the expense of quality and the loss of a great opportunity. But then again that's nothing new to Marvel. Case in point: Iron Man 2, the suckiest action film I have ever seen.

But that's just me bashing the Avengers and likely has little bearing on the quality of the sequels. However one thing Disney seem to like doing (ironically like the evil corportation of the gaming world - EA!) is latch onto a loved concept and milk it for all its worth. We've got what, 6 Marvel films now? Iron Man 3 is on its way, Captain America 2 and possibly the Hulk 2 and Thor 2 as well, and then we've got Pirates of the Carribean which is likely going to go all the way up to six. And now, its been announced that two Star Wars spinoffs will be gracing our screens (oh boy). And something tells me it won't stop there. Any movement like that is inevitably going to lead to some 'dumbing down' of the franchise into just a money making machine.

But I'm not talking about the movies here, the above is just a worst case scenario that may or may not happen. What I'm talking about is videogames. Kingdom Hearts for example, yeah its cute but ultimately its just a fun distraction. And while it would be cool(ish) I'm not a big fan of Star Wars videogames delving into the world of non-canon. Sub-standard games like Star Wars: Kinect are just that, sub-standard. They just appeal to the mass audience who think Star Wars is a fun concept, there's no real depth or appeal to gamers looking for real quality. But hey, that's just me being skeptical. Perhaps under Disney we'll still see great games like the TOR series, Jedi Knight, Battlefront and TFU. And hopefully First Assault and 1313 will not remain in limbo for long. But if EA's business practices are anything to go by, we should be somewhat concerned.

AshlaBoga
03.24.2013 , 12:40 PM | #27
Getting rid of the Clone Wars - the series that brought Darth Maul back and made Bariss Offee a villain - good idea!
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Jacen_Starsolo
03.24.2013 , 12:59 PM | #28
Cutting LucasArts is basically just trimming the fat. They haven't actually been a developer in almost a decade now. They just lease out stuff and slap their name in the opening splash screen now.

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 01:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Getting rid of the Clone Wars - the series that brought Darth Maul back and made Bariss Offee a villain - good idea!
Translation: Getting rid of Clone Wars - the series that added depth to a character with wasted potential and made Bariss Offee interesting as oppossed to a standard goodie goodie background Jedi - bad idea!

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 01:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Cutting LucasArts is basically just trimming the fat. They haven't actually been a developer in almost a decade now. They just lease out stuff and slap their name in the opening splash screen now.
But is it really necessary? Lucasarts has a lot of talent and potential, all it needs is a boost from Disney (which the sequels will bring) to get back into the game. And let's not forget Star Wars: 1313 and First Assault. What will happen to them if Lucasarts is shutdown? Good lord what will happen to SWTOR - EA and Disney? That's too many big corporations for my liking.

That's a question, lets say this does happen. What effect will it have on SWTOR? What effect will it have on Star Wars as a whole? What with Lucasfilm/Lucasarts being the go-to source for what's OK and what's not in terms of canon.

However I'm not sure it will, Lucasarts has too much going on for Disney to just shut them down. I mean right now their not exactly stagnant.