Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please disney dont do this

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 04:47 PM | #11
Lucasarts has been doing nothing but putting out half-baked games anyways. I am more than welcome to a change.

Pathlight-
03.23.2013 , 07:29 PM | #12
As someone once said: "this deal is getting worse all the time". Disney better deliver with episode VII because from where I'm standing it looks like they're doing their best to destroy what SW currently stands for and to alienate the fans.

Doctoglethorpe
03.23.2013 , 07:46 PM | #13
Yeah idc about LucasArts at all. The last game they made that was more then mediocre was Republic Commando, that was like 8 years ago.

Khevar
03.23.2013 , 08:01 PM | #14
Let's look at what LucasArts have been doing over the past few years. As a developer (not a producer).

Star Wars 1313 (incomplete)
Kinect: Star Wars (2012)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (2009)
Lucidity (2009)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008)

The Lego games were made by Traveler's Tales, KOTOR is Bioware, Battlefront is Panedmic, the recent Monkey Island was a remix of old game.

Seriously, how much (besides the vaporware-promise of 1313) are you missing with LucasArts out of the picture? They've mostly been a producer. And not a particularly great one in my personal opinion.

LucasArts used to be brilliant. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Grim Fandago, Monkey Island, etc. Recently? Not so much. The good stuff has been developed by others and only has the LA name on it as a producer.

vingmotor
03.23.2013 , 08:48 PM | #15
hope disney burn in hellfire.

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 09:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Let's look at what LucasArts have been doing over the past few years. As a developer (not a producer).

Star Wars 1313 (incomplete)
Kinect: Star Wars (2012)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (2009)
Lucidity (2009)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008)

The Lego games were made by Traveler's Tales, KOTOR is Bioware, Battlefront is Panedmic, the recent Monkey Island was a remix of old game.

Seriously, how much (besides the vaporware-promise of 1313) are you missing with LucasArts out of the picture? They've mostly been a producer. And not a particularly great one in my personal opinion.

LucasArts used to be brilliant. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Grim Fandago, Monkey Island, etc. Recently? Not so much. The good stuff has been developed by others and only has the LA name on it as a producer.
This is what I meant when I said "Lucasarts has been doing nothing but putting out half-baked games anyways. I am more than welcome to a change.". All of their best games have come from outside development.

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 09:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by vingmotor View Post
hope disney burn in hellfire.
Why do you hope this?

Forscythe
03.24.2013 , 01:26 AM | #18
"It is unwise for Disney to do this... Now Lucas' failure is complete!"

Sickboy_
03.24.2013 , 01:49 AM | #19
Now I miss george lucas; whatever he failings he did with the prequels it isn't a fraction as bad as what disney is going to do to star wars. It appears they want to make it as kid friendly as possible and that includes the video games and whatever else. I doubt any more "serious" star wars books will be produced; expect more of the kind aimed at kids, like the young jedi knight series. George shouldnt of sold out at all, if he wanted to distance himself from SW thats fine, it shouldnt be a lifetime thing, but he should of handed lucasfilm over to someone else and not sold the entire thing to a third party - especially not disney.

sithgreyguard
03.24.2013 , 03:32 AM | #20
this article has to fake. i dont think george lucas sold all of lucasarts to disney. he only sold disney the rights to make more star wars movies.