Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

-IceHawk-
03.25.2013 , 09:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
You overestimate a sorcerers ability and underestimate the powertech.
  1. If you ever played sorcerer you would understand they are a self rooting class (they must stay still to cast for procs)
  2. If you play pyro-powertech you can remove all movement impairing effects using your shield, meaning you can close the gap when sorcerers self root themselves pretty easily.
  3. Kolto overload can be used to mitigate some of the casted damage while you close 20 meters.
  4. When you get into range ensure you land a flame-burst for the combustible cylinder and the thermal detonator in the event they blow stuns and run away. (At least you now have a ticking thermal detonator and 3, 30-meter skills available to use)
  5. Use carbonize to prevent DPS sorcerers from using force-speed to escape.
  6. Use grapple to close the gap when the sorcerer inevitably uses overload + slow, or another stun
  7. Use a grenade if the sorcerer follows up the slow with a creeping terror so they can cast force-lightning for procs
  8. Use your electro-dart when the sorcerer begins frantically trying to heal themselves.

If you engage a DPS sorcerer properly and you aren't a crap player, you judge the skill level of the DPS sorcerer by his lack of self-rooting abilities. I never give good sorcerers the time to cast force-lightning for their madness proc. Since they don't get to cast to receive their proc, their damage is diminished to the point of no-concern. They can spend 45 seconds kiting me, while their damage has been cleansed and healed by a healer on my team. The bad ones will attempt to cast 1-3 seconds of it, which 95% of the time results in their demise.
This, it seems, has been written by someone who has made it past Recruit-gear as a Madness Sorc.

Nicely stated.

glocklB
03.25.2013 , 09:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Man those 31|31|31 sorcs tear my VG apart
I tell you I always use this spec!
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage