Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

BambulaGTS
03.25.2013 , 04:40 AM | #21
Because PT is in 10 m range?

If it does not answer the question, than potatoe

MidichIorian
03.25.2013 , 07:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
Creeping Terror has a chance to be resisted now (in patch 2.0)

The madness/balance sorcerer/sage is no good anymore. You don't have reliable kiting tools.
So that's resist on CT, no insta-whirlwind and not enough damage boost to make up for all the extra HP people have at 55.

Oh and -5 % armor.

Makes me wonder if they've ever played the class. *********** sickening how clueless they are.

NathanielStarr
03.25.2013 , 07:34 AM | #23
Better to fight a PT than a smasher honestly. The PT unloads and if you survive you can beat them, not so for the smasher.

gtangtan
03.25.2013 , 09:34 AM | #24
Sages have the most trouble with Powertech/vanguard since they can't cleanse the burn (sages can't cleanse tech dot (powertech burn, gs bleed, corrosive acid, etc)). Rail shot has a range of 30m, so if u have the burn on you, you really need to run away from them. However, they cannot put the burn on you if you were never at 10m range to begin with. Most sages I encounter think play sage like it's a mdps class, which is why my actual mdps class destroys the sage less than 10 sec... Good sorcs/sages always watch their distance and can be EXTREMELY annoying to kill but those are pretty rare. All i got say is that it's a L2P issue but sage dps is just really hard to play due to the discipline (controlling your urge to force speed into a grp and using force wave, making you stuck within a grp of mdps, resulting in the sage/sorc getting face rolled) required.
Blading-Wind --- Leria --- Racing-rain---Beksers --- Cyanic-Scorch --- Crimson-Torch Asylum - The Harbinger
Blading-thunder --- Rulia --- Cloaked-Dagger

Capt_Beers
03.25.2013 , 09:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
it's a stupid titel but need to ask a question

why is it than most classes i come up against the damage is predictable and steady for the most part, even smash monkeys are predictable in the damage they deal and how long it will take.

But when a pyro PT attacks me it seems all over in seconds

aPlease help me understand, really as i do not knwo what they are doing to me

all I see if a flame thrower and 1/2 my life disapear in 1 second, what exactly did they do to me.
My Assault Vanguard (PT mirror) burst rotation:

Sticky grenade (~2k) > Assault Plastique (~4k crit) > Incendiary Round > High Impact Bolt (4k crit)

The 2 grenades have timer on them. So they both go off and the HiB lands at the same time. You are actually being hit with 3 abilities all at once. Followed by a Stock Strike and another HiB it can finish off anyone pretty quickly.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

RyanReagan
03.25.2013 , 10:02 AM | #26
Sounds like a skill issue.

PT has no gap closer and you are a ranged dps.

Figure it out.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

cycao
03.25.2013 , 10:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Sounds like a skill issue.

PT has no gap closer and you are a ranged dps.

Figure it out.
I always considered a pull of being able to close a gap, I was mistaken.

RyanReagan
03.25.2013 , 10:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Oh you're right. A 45s gap closer against a 20s force speed!
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Philelectric
03.25.2013 , 10:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah, me too. I must be super skilled because when I have force pull on my assassin I can use it to close a gap.
I guess it require LEET skills to close a gap with a pull. Its very hard to press one specific key when the target is not full resolve.

Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Oh you're right. A 45s gap closer against a 20s force speed!
What about using your stun the second the sage/sorc use force speed so he waste force speed? So you only have to fight for 5 sec at this point to have your pull again and pull again to kill him.

Must be super hard to press the specific key you need AND be smart at the same time. ZOMG my brain is overheating
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

JustinxDuff
03.25.2013 , 10:22 AM | #30
Pyro PT is fotm. Case closed.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend