Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PT vs Sage - sage lose why?

WaldoA
03.23.2013 , 08:32 AM | #11
If you can keep your distance from a PT you'll easily win, they have very few long ranged attacks now, and the ones that they do are pretty poor damage. They key to winning fights with Sage/Sorc also is kiting and healing, hell it's a sloppy way to win, but it works.

glocklB
03.23.2013 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by homicidalwhales View Post
powertech stacks more alacrity. Therefore, pts always > sages.
10/10 :d
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

anwg
03.23.2013 , 08:42 AM | #13
Because you are bad at kiting.

Zakmonster
03.23.2013 , 04:09 PM | #14
Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. If you are one of those filthy bubble-stunners, though, you might want to stick around to pop the bubble before Force Speeding away. Most PTs know to keep their distance to avoid bubblestun, but you can mess with them by moving closer/not running away so soon.

If you're not one of those filthy bubblestunners, root them, then run away. You don't even have to Force Speed.
The Harbinger Server: Caezia - Level 55 Vanguard / Cezia - Level 60 Powertech / Zaethia - Level 55 Guardian / Xaethia - Level 33 Scoundrel / Caedia - Level 50 Vanguard / Vaknia - Level 60 Mercenary / Xethia - Level 28 Marauder / Zaenia - Level 60 Juggernaut / Zethia- Level 38 Commando

MidichIorian
03.23.2013 , 05:08 PM | #15
The problem in warzones is that they will get two close-combat time-frames during which they will pretty much kill us.

1. When they initially attack. Usually when we are occupied with something els. That's +6K right there.
2. When they are using their gap closer + stun/cc.

A third factor is that we usually are occupied with something els, meaning that we have stuff on CD. There's little we can do in that situation and we don't have the burst to make up for their damage.

LanceCorporalDan
03.23.2013 , 05:17 PM | #16
Distance distance distance... Kite them and you'll win. A pvp spec'ed one has a single 45second pull (unless spec'ed into it) therefore you shouldn't have much trouble kiting and slowly burning them down. They are practically a mellee class without the closer. Treat them as such and you'll win.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

AdmiralParmesan
03.23.2013 , 10:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Weren't sages designed to be a dps support class? i think the term i am emphasizing there is "support" I would of thought that speaks wonders.
Thats the problem. Sorc/sage is thought of as a support class, but the lack decent enough support to justify bringing them in a group. On the other hand people think sorc/sage is a glass cannon, but it lacks the burst to fit that category. So in reality it fits into neither category.

Its not like powertechs don't bring support too, they have pulls and taunts which are both very useful in a rated group.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Macroeconomics
03.24.2013 , 03:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
A third factor is that we usually are occupied with something els, meaning that we have stuff on CD. There's little we can do in that situation and we don't have the burst to make up for their damage.
This is an issue with every ranged class. It's why ranged classes in this game are not effective. Far to easy to close range when in a 6v6 furball situation. The one ranged class that does well, Sniper/Gunslinger, is endowed with a plethora a roots, stuns and snares. And now rolls. Lulz.

SOULCASTER
03.24.2013 , 06:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
it's a stupid titel but need to ask a question

why is it than most classes i come up against the damage is predictable and steady for the most part, even smash monkeys are predictable in the damage they deal and how long it will take.

But when a pyro PT attacks me it seems all over in seconds

aPlease help me understand, really as i do not knwo what they are doing to me

all I see if a flame thrower and 1/2 my life disapear in 1 second, what exactly did they do to me.

3|7|31 Sage usually will bet a powertech. And will almost always beat a PT if there is LOS available. But to be fair, that build rapes most classes 1v1 with LOS.

I lose to very few powertechs 1v1 in warzones with that build. 9sec root + force run + dots = win. LOS just helps widen the win gap.

....UNLESS you're talking about powertech vs sage on the PTS right now. I haven't tested that.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Yeochins
03.24.2013 , 09:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
3|7|31 Sage usually will bet a powertech. And will almost always beat a PT if there is LOS available. But to be fair, that build rapes most classes 1v1 with LOS.

I lose to very few powertechs 1v1 in warzones with that build. 9sec root + force run + dots = win. LOS just helps widen the win gap.

....UNLESS you're talking about powertech vs sage on the PTS right now. I haven't tested that.
Creeping Terror has a chance to be resisted now (in patch 2.0)

The madness/balance sorcerer/sage is no good anymore. You don't have reliable kiting tools.