Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

TheBBP
03.24.2013 , 02:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Disney owes you all nothing. They now own the IP and can do with it as they please. Just like BW does with this game.

Aren't you the guy that tried to tell us that Harrison Ford is excited about doing Episode 7 because offers for roles aren't coming in very fast anymore?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Chiramu
03.24.2013 , 10:59 PM | #12
I think Disney is halted all other stories because they want THEIR story told first. Clone Wars and all the other Lucasart's stories are not Disney stories, so Disney must not like them just purely on the grounds that they did not create them. Disney is pretty evil.

Doctoglethorpe
03.25.2013 , 02:43 AM | #13
Most people don't read the part where Lucas already layed the ground work for the next trilogy. Its not "Disney's" story. Its not gonna involve fairy princesses and stereotyping animal caricatures. Actually, ah... oh.

Sickboy_
03.26.2013 , 01:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Its not gonna involve fairy princesses and stereotyping animal caricatures. Actually, ah... oh.
Absolutely nobody is worried about mickey mouse and whatever else you said appearing in their new movie. You missed the point entirely.

ImmortalLowlife
03.26.2013 , 06:19 AM | #15
I think what really has folks worried is the fate of the eu. Whether u love it (Thrawn Trilogy, survivors quest) or hate it (Vong, THEY KILLED CHEWIE! ) The fact that we've all come to accept these stories as "what happened after roj" Now Disney & lucasfilms are telling us "screw that...none of it matters" we'll make up our own stories. I'm sure they realize how rabid sw fans are, & know they've only got one chance to get it right. And u best believe they will keep everything significant under wraps until at least Christmas 2014. So seriously... stop sweatin it y'all.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

JekRendar
03.26.2013 , 07:43 AM | #16
As was posted on IMDB:

Quote:
I truly hope those of you die-hard EU fans don't get your hopes up about your favorite EU character/event being in the new trilogy. Unfortunately, many will and when they're introduced to new characters and events, they'll cry, "It's a terrible trilogy! Worse than the Prequels!" and so on.

It's important to remember that Lucas never supervised EU, that was left to Lucas Licensing. He has always considered it separate. People ask, "Well, why allow authors to write then?" As Hondo said, "It's simply good business."

But, if I were a gambling man, I'd venture a guess that Boba Fett lives (even though Lucas said he did die), because like Jango, it's good business for him to be in it, or some sort of a knock-off who wants to finish what he started.
It all comes down to merchandising and streamlining the storytelling. Lucas never supervised the EU; that was Lucus Licensing who let the EU authors do whatever the fudge they wanted, and we, the fans, suffered for it. (Marvel Star Wars comics anyone?) I say let the EU fans whine and complain about how the EU is ruined. Good for Disney and Lucas. I consider VII a Post-Jedi reboot that has been needed for almost 20 years.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 07:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post

Aren't you the guy that tried to tell us that Harrison Ford is excited about doing Episode 7 because offers for roles aren't coming in very fast anymore?
And that has what to do with telling Disney they owe the fans an explanation?

And considering Ford was on record saying he thought they should have let Solo die is only going by what Ford himself said. Not demanding he gives an explanation. He was too busy and liking being Indiana Jones at the time too.

The butthurt is strong with this one trying to demand Disney owes people an explanation.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 07:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Most people don't read the part where Lucas already layed the ground work for the next trilogy. Its not "Disney's" story. Its not gonna involve fairy princesses and stereotyping animal caricatures. Actually, ah... oh.

Exactly. They will draw more from Lucas' SSSWS (Super Secret Star Wars Story) than they will from the EU. And Lucas made people sign contracts before even showing his plot ideas. If it was just the EU, why sign contracts to see something already published for the last 2-3 decades?

Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 08:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
As was posted on IMDB:

It all comes down to merchandising and streamlining the storytelling. Lucas never supervised the EU; that was Lucus Licensing who let the EU authors do whatever the fudge they wanted, and we, the fans, suffered for it. (Marvel Star Wars comics anyone?) I say let the EU fans whine and company about how the EU is ruined. Good for Disney and Lucas. I consider VII a Post-Jedi reboot that has been needed for almost 20 years.
The tears from their nerd rage will solve all the world's drought problems. So Disney only has to do one thing. "Save the planet, have the next trilogy completely original."

TheBBP
03.26.2013 , 08:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
And that has what to do with telling Disney they owe the fans an explanation?

And considering Ford was on record saying he thought they should have let Solo die is only going by what Ford himself said. Not demanding he gives an explanation.

The butthurt is strong with this one trying to demand Disney owes people an explanation.
Find for me anywhere around here where I have not supported Disney and their work going forward. You won't even have to go further than this very thread. Saying that Disney would do well to temper folks with an explanation has nothing to do with not supporting them. And you want to end by calling me "butthurt"? I am not the one showing any animosity with the uninformed and idiotic notion that Harrison Ford is only interested in Ep 7 because roles are hard to come by for him.

If you want to fabricate things to support whatever view you are holding, don't get bent if someone calls you out on it.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk