Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's Really Sad to See TCW Be Cancelled

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
It's Really Sad to See TCW Be Cancelled

Talon_strikes
03.22.2013 , 08:10 PM | #1
I'm not sure what's wrong with Disney. TCW still has so many other stories to tell. We still need to see the Clovis arc, we need to see what happens to Maul, and most importantly, build on characters such as Ahsoka Tano, Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, to name a few.

TCW was such a fantastic series and I think it should be kept on-air. What are your thoughts?

Oh, and there's a movement going around called #SaveTheCloneWars. I believe a bit of google searching should send you to the right places. I'm hoping we can get Disney to rethink this. TCW was the reason a lot of people got back into the fandom back during the days the franchise was pretty quiet. I would hate to see "the quiet times" return.

Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Lordmird
03.22.2013 , 08:18 PM | #2
I don't get what the whole fuss was about.

TCW sounded and looked like a kids cartoon to me.
Semper Paratus

yoomazir
03.22.2013 , 08:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post

Then you missed a few memorables action scenes & lightsaber fights?

LordExozone
03.22.2013 , 08:34 PM | #4

Indeed. There were a couple of episodes that I thought were kinda cool and watchable for adults due to not being excessively childish, but most were just meant for kids age 5-10. Hopefully we'll get a proper television series set in the SW universe some time in the future like the various Star Trek series.

"The Outer Rim... the Final Conquest. These are the voyages of the ISD Iron Fist. Its continuing mission: to subjugate the planets of the outer rim in the Emperor's name, to enslave its aliens and strip their worlds of their resources, to boldly crush any and all opposition to Imperial dominance."
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

TheBBP
03.22.2013 , 09:05 PM | #5

Please don't feed the troll. That is all Lordmird seems to do.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Talon_strikes
03.22.2013 , 09:38 PM | #6

It's aim was for a younger demographic, but I know many young adults and teens who really enjoyed the series and don't want to see it go. Although it is EU, I believe it's the best EU out there (tying with SWTOR). I really enjoyed Ahsoka so I'd like to see her story to keep on going until it stops near Ep. III.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Beniboybling
03.23.2013 , 07:12 AM | #7
TCW is a great series, and I'm starting to realise that this 'bonus content' is unlikely to manifest itself in the form of Season 6. However given the fact it has basically been announced I doubt it will be scrapped altogether, I doubt we've seen the last of the series - you may be pleasantly surprised.

However its obvious its not going to go on nearly as long as I thought it would. I only hope Disney know what there doing and are merely postponing such projects as The Clone Wars, 1313, First Assault, Detours etc. until after the sequel trilogy. I hope that TCW returns.

Spartanik
03.23.2013 , 08:45 AM | #8
what a hell what i miss? didnt they already said they were keep doing episodes and content? just under a new set up, and probably new name and not on the cartoon network channel? most likely on disney channel, or they just release directly to the audience blu ray etc.
Or that clip with anakin and the cyborg admiral trench when that clone ( fives i think) kill that jedi sister just for show? and to never been released?
i doubt it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
03.23.2013 , 09:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
what a hell what i miss? didnt they already said they were keep doing episodes and content? just under a new set up, and probably new name and not on the cartoon network channel? most likely on disney channel, or they just release directly to the audience blu ray etc.
Or that clip with anakin and the cyborg admiral trench when that clone ( fives i think) kill that jedi sister just for show? and to never been released?
i doubt it.
Actually I found one article that claimed that the TCW bonus content will absolutely be aired. But what I'm questioning is how much this 'bonus content' will consist of and whether it will continue and complete the stories of Asajj Ventress, Ashoka Tano etc. I'm starting to doubt that they will.

Basically TCW has at least two seasons left in it, and by the looks of it Disney are cutting that short and have no intention of picking it up again. If this is the case it will be a real shame.

Ventessel
03.23.2013 , 06:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Then you missed a few memorables action scenes & lightsaber fights?
Kids stuff can still have action and lightsaber fights. I have plenty of younger cousins who are the target audience and absolutely love to fight with lightsabers. The overall tone and intensity of the show is essentially aimed at children without being overly childish. It's watchable for adults, but it's not that big of a deal its getting cut a little short.

Edit: Actually, most of the lightsaber duels in that show are quite aggravating because the outcomes are always indeterminate due to the writers not being able to kill any "main" characters.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell