Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 12:03 PM | #21
Thon has a lightsaber, his other attacks are just a bonus really. I feel like the only edge Baas has aside from speed is the reach granted by his weapon.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 12:06 PM | #22
Additionally, sever Force isn't really a combat ability. So Thon has the advantage in defense, Force powers, and endurance.

He can essentially just outlast Baas, allowing the passive nature of his defense to protect him while he hounds Baas and keeps pushing him into a corner and eventually the acrobatics and extensive Force speed Baas is using will tire him out and Thon can finish the job with his lightsaber, claws, or Force blasts.

This is a losing proposition for Baas, who will just be jumping around and unable to seal the deal due to Thon's impressive defensive capabilities.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Wolfninjajedi
03.24.2013 , 12:06 PM | #23
I don't really see how Thon can use a lightsaber...I guess TK fighting, but then that is just speculation...I don't think there is actual evidence of him using a lightsaber, he seems to just use his body so it seems rather moot to give him a lightsaber.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 12:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Thon has a lightsaber, his other attacks are just a bonus really. I feel like the only edge Baas has aside from speed is the reach granted by his weapon.
Yeah but does he really? Has he ever used it or does he just 'know' how to use it? I mean something tells me he wouldn't be very good at it, seeing as he can't actually stand up...

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 12:09 PM | #25
Additionally, sever Force isn't really a combat ability. So Thon has the advantage in defense, Force powers, and endurance.

He can essentially just outlast Baas, allowing the passive nature of his defense to protect him while he hounds Baas and keeps pushing him into a corner and eventually the acrobatics and extensive Force speed Baas is using will tire him out and Thon can finish the job with his lightsaber, claws, or Force blasts.

This is a losing proposition for Baas, who will just be jumping around and unable to seal the deal due to Thon's impressive defensive capabilities.
Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out. But I think we need to properly assess the sever force ability, can it just be used anytime anywhere?

Wolfninjajedi
03.24.2013 , 12:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out. But I think we need to properly assess the sever force ability, can it just be used anytime anywhere?
Nah, I think it requires the opponent being defeated in combat(thus weakened), captured or what have you. Otherwise...anyone with the ability, wouldn't even need to fight any Jedi or Sith. Unless of course, the opponent using it just severely outclasses the latter in power.

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I don't really see how Thon can use a lightsaber...I guess TK fighting, but then that is just speculation...I don't think there is actual evidence of him using a lightsaber, he seems to just use his body so it seems rather moot to give him a lightsaber.
"Thon was a Jedi Weapon Master,[36] and although he was capable of wielding a lightsaber, when it came time for Nomi to build her own weapon, he brought her before Vodo-Siosk Baas for instruction in the matter."
~ Wookiepedia

Furthermore, Thon was a cunning strategist, and would sometimes "play possum" to lure in his enemies, so he can probably out think Baas as well as outlasting him in combat.

EDIT: Basically, Thon seems to be capable of using a lightsaber if he wants to, and is a weapon master so he must be knowledgeable and skilled with it.

Wolfninjajedi
03.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #28
"Thon was a Jedi Weapon Master,[36] and although he was capable of wielding a lightsaber, when it came time for Nomi to build her own weapon, he brought her before Vodo-Siosk Baas for instruction in the matter."
~ Wookiepedia

Furthermore, Thon was a cunning strategist, and would sometimes "play possum" to lure in his enemies, so he can probably out think Baas as well as outlasting him in combat.
Ya but as said, there isn't actual evidence of him using one. Stated that he can use one sure....but without evidence that could just be an error or speculation.

Aurbere
03.24.2013 , 01:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out.
Actually, he probably won't tire out. Vodo-Siosk Baas has the ability to use Battlemind, an ability that fortifies a Jedi's will and allows him to keep fighting despite fatigue. Consider it a major adrenaline rush.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 02:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually, he probably won't tire out. Vodo-Siosk Baas has the ability to use Battlemind, an ability that fortifies a Jedi's will and allows him to keep fighting despite fatigue. Consider it a major adrenaline rush.

Yeah, but Thon is a dinosaur, I don't see him running out of energy anytime soon either. So while Baas can hold fatigue at bay for a long time, it will eventually hit him like a tidal wave.

However, Baas can hold his own with Exar Kun (even if briefly) so his dueling abilities shoudn't be underestimated. However, Thon is very powerful in Force, as demonstrated by his ability to defeat many Sith spirits and so forth.