Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.22.2013 , 12:26 PM | #1
Welcome to the reboot of The BattleZone. After the debacle that was Revan vs. Surik, I have restarted this versus series.

For those that don't know, this is a tournament consisting of thirty-two of the most powerful and most skilled Jedi and Sith across time.

The rebooted first round pits Krevaaki Weapon Master Vodo-Siosk Baas against Tchuukthai Jedi Master Thon.

Battlefield: Exis Station

Lightsaber Skills:

Vodo-Siosk Baas:

Master Baas was unparalleled in melee combat. While he could use a lightsaber with deadly efficiency, Master Baas preferred the use of a wooden quarterstaff imbued with the power of the Force. Master Baas was capable of executing highly effective acrobatic maneuvers with his six tentacles, and possessed advanced reflexes that were second to none.

Thon:

Thon possessed considerable ways to defend himself from attack. Armor-like plating on his back and neck served to defend himself from attack. He had spikes protruding from his jaw and shoulders, and his claws ended in sharp talons. While Thon was able to use a lightsaber, he has proven that he can defeat his foes with his powerful claws and his strong jaw.

Edge: It is difficult to give an edge to either of these two, but after long considerations, I feel that Vodo Baas' agility gives him an edge in melee combat.

Force Power:

Vodo-Siosk Baas:

Master Baas often preferred non-aggressive powers to defeat his opponents. He possessed many different Force abilities. He was capable of using Force Speed, Battlemind, Battle Meditation, Farsight, and Sever Force. He was also capable of using telekinesis to defeat opponents.

Thon:

Master Thon possessed a myriad of different abilities, some even the wisest of Jedi did not know of. He was capable of using Battle Meditation, but often differed to Arca Jeth on the matter. He was capable of telepathy, and the use of incredibly powerful Force Barriers, which were believed capable of stopping a sandcrawler in its path. Undoubtedly Thon's greatest use of power was when he contained the dark spirits of Ambria within a large lake, sealing them there forever.

Edge: Another tough choice, but the ability to use Sever Force gives Master Baas the edge, despite Thon's great power.

(Note that when I give the edge to someone, it is just my opinion)

Who will win this battle? Who is truly superior?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2013 , 12:45 PM | #2
The biggest obstacle for Baas, is the Force Barrier but if he can use Force Speed or get someway through the barriers then Baas can wreck Thon. Their other powers, aren't really used for mid-combat except for Battle-med and TK(though the former isn't really an offensive thing).
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.22.2013 , 12:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The biggest obstacle for Baas, is the Force Barrier but if he can use Force Speed or get someway through the barriers then Baas can wreck Thon. Their other powers, aren't really used for mid-combat except for Battle-med and TK(though the former isn't really an offensive thing).
That's what I was thinking as well. Though, breaking through that Force Barrier is not going to be easy. One thing to consider is Baas' Battlemind, which he can use to increase his energy. So he won't be tiring while trying to beat through that Barrier.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.22.2013 , 12:56 PM | #4
I don't know much about this characters but I'd give this to Thon. I'm not sure how powerful Vodo-Siosk Baas is but with an enchanted stick he'll have difficulty breaking through that barrier and then he's got to get through Thon's natural army.

But then again, what offensive abilities does Thon possess? This guy is clearly powerful but his strengths seem to lie more in the passive and defensive e.g. battle meditation, telepathy, Force barrier, rather than the offensive.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2013 , 12:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't know much about this characters but I'd give this to Thon. I'm not sure how powerful Vodo-Siosk Baas is but with an enchanted stick he'll have difficulty breaking through that barrier and then he's got to get through Thon's natural army.

But then again, what offensive abilities does Thon possess? This guy is clearly powerful but his strengths seem to lie more in the passive and defensive e.g. battle meditation, telepathy, Force barrier, rather than the offensive.
Probably just TK, standard abilities. He seems to mostly do defensive abilities, and just uses his teeth/claws even though he too can use a lightsaber. Though Baas uses a staff, it is imbued with the power of the Force making it deadly still, he also trained Kun and battled him quite well and even Kun was still outmatched up until he revealed his double bladed saber.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.22.2013 , 01:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't know much about this characters but I'd give this to Thon. I'm not sure how powerful Vodo-Siosk Baas is but with an enchanted stick he'll have difficulty breaking through that barrier and then he's got to get through Thon's natural army.

But then again, what offensive abilities does Thon possess? This guy is clearly powerful but his strengths seem to lie more in the passive and defensive e.g. battle meditation, telepathy, Force barrier, rather than the offensive.
His staff is as strong as a lightsaber when imbued with The Force.

Thon seems to mainly possess defensive skills, but he does have the standard telekinetic abilities of a Jedi.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.22.2013 , 01:10 PM | #7
OK, well if all Thon can do is bite and scratch them I have to give this one it Baas - he'll just dance around the dinosaur, batter down his Force barrier and strike.

P.S. Does his staff have cutting abilities like a lightsaber? Does it scald? Or does it just bash?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.22.2013 , 01:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK, well if all Thon can do is bite and scratch them I have to give this one it Baas - he'll just dance around the dinosaur, batter down his Force barrier and strike.

P.S. Does his staff have cutting abilities like a lightsaber? Does it scald? Or does it just bash?
I believe it is a bashing weapon. It has the durability of a lightsaber (though still prone to breaking as it is still wood), but maintains the properties of a wooden quarterstaff.

Thon has a lightsaber in addition to his natural weapons and armor.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2013 , 01:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK, well if all Thon can do is bite and scratch them I have to give this one it Baas - he'll just dance around the dinosaur, batter down his Force barrier and strike.

P.S. Does his staff have cutting abilities like a lightsaber? Does it scald? Or does it just bash?
Well its able to shatter stones and can withstand strikes from lightsabers, so take that as you will.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.22.2013 , 01:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Probably just TK, standard abilities. He seems to mostly do defensive abilities, and just uses his teeth/claws even though he too can use a lightsaber. Though Baas uses a staff, it is imbued with the power of the Force making it deadly still, he also trained Kun and battled him quite well and even Kun was still outmatched up until he revealed his double bladed saber.
I think Kun was toying with him up until that point, and then "took the kid gloves off" and decided to finish Baas off.

Thon appears to be quite aggressive with his claws and other natural weapons, and given his almost insurmountable defensive powers, he can very likely box Baas in where his agility is useless and then rip him to pieces, much as Maul did to Qui-Gon.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell