Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being a sub dont feel so special

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Being a sub dont feel so special

shadowsjudgement
03.22.2013 , 11:40 AM | #11
Well um... Look on the loooong list of things you get for being a sub. Don't know stuff from the top of my head. But the exp, the titles, speeders, sprint, faster legacies which allow easier lvling for other toons, etc. You don't have to buy it, it just makes things easier if you do. If you don't like this game, go try vindictus. It's basically all free to play except this nx shop which you don't have to use at all. Don't need to be a member. But swtor is freaking awesome, so it costs a little more. And gives more benefits.

carnac_fett
03.22.2013 , 11:42 AM | #12
I remember when all the cool items in video games were in the video games.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

yortnudef
03.22.2013 , 11:47 AM | #13
To OP

Your sub is like a rental. You pay to use the product until you stop paying. This of course means its cheaper in the short term and expensive in the long term.

The FTP is like owner ship. You pay once and you don't have to pay again. So expensive in the short term. Cheaper in the long term.

If you feel your not special then change how you pay.

When i came back to the game 2 months ago I tried to stay FTP. I found it to limiting based on how I play. So I subbed and don't regret it.

Just add up the cost of everything you would need to unlock to equal out a subscription. Compare the cost. I'm sure you might be surprised at what you will find.

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.22.2013 , 11:47 AM | #14
I don't know.... the OP sure seems special to me. (maybe we're thinking about different kinds of special)
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

bluemustache
03.22.2013 , 12:07 PM | #15
I played only a week as a FTP, subbed right away, thou i almost subbed in the 4th day.
Also i have little to complain, but i would really love to see map unlocking to be related to legacy or account, so I dont have to do it on every gosh darn toon, as i already gave up.
Also equipments should be bound to legacy, not character only. Yes, now you can send mods away, but there is still the matter of the equipment itself.

Subs already have a lot of good stuff, like purple mods, sprint at beginning, earlier speeder license, cheaper stuff, free reset and also a lot.
Quit being a spoiled whining baby and grow up.

JunkyardWolf
03.22.2013 , 12:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by yortnudef View Post
To OP

Your sub is like a rental. You pay to use the product until you stop paying. This of course means its cheaper in the short term and expensive in the long term.
lol! almost sounds like alimony!
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!

Feztonio
03.22.2013 , 12:12 PM | #17
but, but, but ... 500 coins and a hotbar !!!! Nuf-Ced VERY glad I got early access before launch and bought the CE for 160 bucks
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Skyfrost
03.22.2013 , 12:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by yortnudef View Post
To OP

The FTP is like owner ship. You pay once and you don't have to pay again. So expensive in the short term. Cheaper in the long term.

If you feel your not special then change how you pay.

When i came back to the game 2 months ago I tried to stay FTP. I found it to limiting based on how I play. So I subbed and don't regret it.

Just add up the cost of everything you would need to unlock to equal out a subscription. Compare the cost. I'm sure you might be surprised at what you will find.
You realize Subs have to pay that initial cost too? We ALL pay for the game, and then subs pay per month.

Vandicus
03.22.2013 , 12:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyfrost View Post
You realize Subs have to pay that initial cost too? We ALL pay for the game, and then subs pay per month.
There's no initial cost any more.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

JunkyardWolf
03.22.2013 , 12:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
There's no initial cost any more.
ya so we paid for 2 copies at launch AND pay our monthly sub for all the cool stuff that makes us stand out in game as a sub!

like someone said in chat the other day
"I'm not a sub! I'm an aircraft carrier!
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!