Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double XP, Ilum, & Concern

Graydon
03.22.2013 , 08:04 AM | #1
Never seen so many gripes and complaing.

How is any individual affected by somebody else rolling up huge xp and hitting their characters to 50? Is your gameplay really going to be impacted?

I have four level 50's and I am not going to lose any sleep if somebody ends up with more level 50 characters than I have.

Isn't the purpose of double xp weekends to assist as many players possible to level their characters to 50?

The boards are a frenzy with complaints and whining over people getting over and hitting 50. Please somebody enlighten me what's the big deal? I see the complaints, but nobody wants to post why they are raging.

chaseer
03.22.2013 , 08:13 AM | #2
I think it has to with learning your class. Which would impact others later but to the point of game breaking no.
I also don't see any problem with this I can lvl alts faster if I wish to spend hours on Ilum but that is no fun for me.
so more power to the ones that can.

astrobearx
03.22.2013 , 08:15 AM | #3
i said this in game and i will say this here

it is human nature for one group of ppl to force others into what they see is "the proper way to do things or how to live ur life"

if youre not following the status quo, then clearly you are a hectic and must conform to their ways or be purge.

BobaScott
03.22.2013 , 08:29 AM | #4
I have no issue with per se. The only time it could be is if, as some complained on their server, all or most of the pylons are being used for farming, then there is little that people can do if hey just want to do the quest and move on.

When this was a poorly kept secret it wasn't too bad. Now that it is much more widely known, it would most likely have become a bigger headache.

darkov
03.22.2013 , 08:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
I think it has to with learning your class. Which would impact others later but to the point of game breaking no.
I also don't see any problem with this I can lvl alts faster if I wish to spend hours on Ilum but that is no fun for me.
so more power to the ones that can.
I fail to see how soloing from 1-50 on story driven missions helps you learn your class any more than participating in grouped mob farming.

Neither really tells you what you need to know to operate effectively in grouped content at the endgame.

DarthGile
03.22.2013 , 08:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
i said this in game and i will say this here

it is human nature for one group of ppl to force others into what they see is "the proper way to do things or how to live ur life"

if youre not following the status quo, then clearly you are a hectic and must conform to their ways or be purge.
Think you mean heretic. Anyways I agree with you. What you said is pretty much why there were so many brutal wars in human history. Don't wanna do it my way!? WAR!! Solutions to disagreements involved silencing the advocate.

slafko
03.22.2013 , 08:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
I think it has to with learning your class.
There were way too many level 50's that were playing badly even before this XP farming. Anyone using the "learning your class" argument is being ridiculous.

Falensawino
03.22.2013 , 08:56 AM | #8
Most people who oppose Illum power leveling fall under this category:
"wow, that's a really good efficient method of earning experience, but I can't be bothered to do it myself. It's too repetitive, boring. So, since I can't bring myself to take advantage of it, I'll make sure no one else is able to use this method."
The most wretched hive of troll and kiddies
Refer a Friend Link

TUXs
03.22.2013 , 08:57 AM | #9
It doesn't impact them at all. I play WZ's with people that are 50 every day who have played their class since they started this game, and they suck at it. Grinding to 50 the "Bioware way" doesn't make better players.

People just like to complain - it's usually the guy who has 15 guild-less alts and only 1 lvl50 who feels like people should enjoy the questing as much as he does. There's a reason these people have no friends.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

FearlessTeapot
03.22.2013 , 09:02 AM | #10
The idea is that it impacts the integrity of the game. Provide people with such a bonus as to make all other methods of levelling obsolete, and it 'cheapens' the achievements of everyone else. Whether that matters to you or not is another story.

A far more extreme example of this would be like getting a college degree. If it took you 4 years to complete, would you complain that the next year they reduced the requirement to 1 year?