Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper Animations compared to mirror Gunslinger...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sniper Animations compared to mirror Gunslinger...

Jaizo
03.22.2013 , 06:00 AM | #1
Is it me or are the shot animations of the blaster rounds just soo piss poor and lack luster compared to the Gunslinger? I mean half the time you dont even notice a shot going off compared to them. Is there anyway you can make like the "Ambush" look a bit more viscious. or make followthough a bit more like trick shot? I mean seriously plz Bioware lets put a little more effort into this. Prob why the class is the least played... tbh

SalBasss
03.22.2013 , 07:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaizo View Post
Is it me or are the shot animations of the blaster rounds just soo piss poor and lack luster compared to the Gunslinger? I mean half the time you dont even notice a shot going off compared to them. Is there anyway you can make like the "Ambush" look a bit more viscious. or make followthough a bit more like trick shot? I mean seriously plz Bioware lets put a little more effort into this. Prob why the class is the least played... tbh
I actually think the opposiite - it probably depends on what you played first. If you played a GS first and then rolled a Sniper, you probably think the Sniper animations/sounds are weak, and vice versa.
Shadowlands

Kameki
03.22.2013 , 08:29 AM | #3
Agree with above. I Ambush and Snipe sounds

paowee
03.22.2013 , 12:23 PM | #4
I like the sound of the Sniper animations more. But one thing I like a lot about GS is how their body "moves" a lot in their animations. They scoot back for Aimed Shot, their hands shake from recoil when they do Charged Burst, and their SoS animation looks pretty (funny) to me. But I like how i get to use a cool looking gree sniper rifle and im happy with that
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Danylia
03.22.2013 , 02:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
I actually think the opposiite - it probably depends on what you played first. If you played a GS first and then rolled a Sniper, you probably think the Sniper animations/sounds are weak, and vice versa.
+1 to this. Moreover, in my opinion the animations suit perfectly their respective classes - sly cowboy vs. calm professional. And last but not least, some look naturaly somewhat better with the Sniper (mostly the channeled ones) and some with the Gunslinger (mostly the instant ones).
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

NoTomorrow
03.23.2013 , 02:02 AM | #6
Charged Burst < Snipe
Aimed Shot = Ambush
Wounding Shots >>> Cull
Trickshot > FT
Speed Shot << Series of Shots
Sabotage charge < Interrogation probe
Explosive Charge < Explosive probe
Quickdraw < Takedown
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ambitiousapple
03.23.2013 , 05:53 AM | #7
I prefer my GSs to my Sniper for one simple reason (yes, I do have multiple GSs)

You can fake cast XS Flyby and place IG there instead, then cast XS Flyby elsewhere. The end result? You can actually see the Sorcs searching around for the other (non-existent) smuggler in the WZ

ArchangelLBC
03.24.2013 , 10:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Charged Burst < Snipe
Aimed Shot = Ambush
Wounding Shots >>> Cull
Trickshot > FT
Speed Shot << Series of Shots
Sabotage charge < Interrogation probe
Explosive Charge < Explosive probe
Quickdraw < Takedown

I agree with this list. The series of shots animation is one of my favorite to be honest. Absolutely love it.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

NoTomorrow
03.25.2013 , 01:10 AM | #9
The sound of wounding shots is amazing. Our Cull is quite disturbing.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Kameki
03.25.2013 , 01:35 AM | #10
Just learned Followthrough. Damn, it doesnt even look like a riffle shot. :x
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer