Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Interesting skill of Obi Wan in the RotS novel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Interesting skill of Obi Wan in the RotS novel

Wolfninjajedi
03.25.2013 , 01:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
How would Vader resist it? He could not control most of the devices in his body, even couldn't control his breath.
His strength in The Force? Where does it say he couldn't control the devices on his body? Also not controlling his breathing?...Did you forget his 1st duel with Luke on Bespin? Besides as stated, it was already used against him...so why would it work later on if he knows about it? It doesn't really change anything, just because he is in a suit if he knows about it he can resist it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking
03.25.2013 , 01:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
His strength in The Force? Where does it say he couldn't control the devices on his body? Also not controlling his breathing?...Did you forget his 1st duel with Luke on Bespin? Besides as stated, it was already used against him...so why would it work later on if he knows about it? It doesn't really change anything, just because he is in a suit if he knows about it he can resist it.
No, in RotS novel it was made clear he could not even stop his own breath, and he needs to go to his mediation chamber to keep those devices all good. He also could not use Force Lightning because it would damage those devices.

It's made clear Vader's suit is not kept by Force, but mechanical devices.

Spartanik
03.25.2013 , 03:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
No, in RotS novel it was made clear he could not even stop his own breath, and he needs to go to his mediation chamber to keep those devices all good. He also could not use Force Lightning because it would damage those devices.

It's made clear Vader's suit is not kept by Force, but mechanical devices.
Is this true ? what is true canon then? i heard diferent thats why im asking.
I heard that his suit could actualy resist lightning at least some extend of it. And that his suit was a creation of sith alchemy so i recon the force being envolved.
But im guessing The Force unleashed series is overal silly anyway.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Spetulhu
03.27.2013 , 02:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
I heard that his suit could actualy resist lightning at least some extend of it.
IIRC not his suit but Vader himself - he's got a Force talent that lets him try to absorb energy directed at him. Think they discussed it briefly in "I, Jedi" when going through different talents and lack thereof.

You see an example in Empire Strikes Back, Vader just raises his hand and absorbs a couple blaster shots before ripping the blaster out of Solo's hand.