Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Name and Shame PVP Hackers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Petition to Name and Shame PVP Hackers

Sildrin
03.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #21
need to be pretty rock solid evidence -- not the standard TOR player's "he killed me, must be hackin" B.S.

havikoro
03.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
BW would never allow this, and they shouldn't. It'd turn into a witch hunt and 99.9999% percent of the posts in it would be crap, nerd-rage tarnishing the names of legitimate players who actually understand the game mechanics.
Sad but true

Arlanon
03.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #23
i think a lot of people are getting the wrong idea. this isnt about players naming suspects. this is about bioware disclosing players they have actually banned

IAmViiOLENT
03.22.2013 , 11:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
I admit I don't know all the ins and outs of every class, but what ability allows players to do this? Seems to be an effective way of monitoring and responding to nodes in civil war. Maybe just a bug, but odd that a fairly prominent pvp guild that wins a lot of WZs was a "victim" of it. Kind of reminds me of jumping the wall to get to mid in the early civil war days.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/330...3031900050.jpg
You can get up to to the top of civil with some creative use of force speed. Every once in a while after we already 3 capped the other team and are just farming them at the spawns one of my guildies feels the need to get up there then pull up random people.

QuanZen
03.22.2013 , 12:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
As long as you have video proof and not accusing someone just because he knows how to play better than you i agree.
^This
"Our fears betray us and often impede us from attaining greatness."

Keldaur
03.22.2013 , 12:09 PM | #26
3 party sites are better for this. Teamliquid (sc2) always has a thread about hacking, and many times people watch the replay to find proof, and if it's found, they get listed in the OP. Of course, you would need a site where the IQ level of your average forum poster isn't below 80 to just post "crai ma rivah" and such things.

Altheran
03.22.2013 , 12:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldaur View Post
Of course, you would need a site where the IQ level of your average forum poster isn't below 80 to just post "crai ma rivah" and such things.
If the average isn't below 80 ? Only 80 ?
It shouldn't be below 100 if we're talking about average, or people's average IQ in the forum would be lower than the average IQ of people in the streets.

klham
03.22.2013 , 12:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
As long as you have video proof and not accusing someone just because he knows how to play better than you i agree.
This is important. Especially if this idea goes ahead. Maybe a good start would be to display true hacks on video (with annotation/explanation) so people know what they're seeing, and also show people those legitimate abilities & buffs that are often mistaken for hacks (since not everyone has an alt of every class). True hacks obviously exist, but abilities like Predation and the talented movement buff attached to Sneak are occasionally mistaken for hacks by players who don't know any better.

SOULCASTER
03.22.2013 , 12:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
I was accused of hacking tonight.

Apparently I was using a "stealth hack".

It wasn't that the 7 50's hunting me down had never heard of Sneak before. Or that you can use rocket boots in stealth. No no. It was because I hacked.

I'm against naming and shaming explicitly because of crap like this. I was accused of speed hacking in Void Star just last week. Because the moron's ON MY OWN TEAM didn't know there was a speed boost before the 2nd door.

If it's legit: Record it (if you can), report it and let BioWare sort it out.

There's WAAAAAAAY too many people out there unfamiliar with other classes and how to play those other classes to start taking every "hacking name and shame" thread seriously.
I'm with this guy
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Keldaur
03.22.2013 , 12:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
If the average isn't below 80 ? Only 80 ?
It shouldn't be below 100 if we're talking about average, or people's average IQ in the forum would be lower than the average IQ of people in the streets.
I am talking about the average of your forum members, not the average of your average level of own stupidity.