Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

GangstahLove
01.08.2013 , 08:58 AM | #511
yeah, this thread is garbage. The only thing resolve works against now is getting blown back from the player. There are constant CC stuns one right after the other not to mention the absolute utter BS of force choke that does not respect resolve allowing not only the opponent to inflict huge damage but any other on the opposing team. There is also Master Strike; a very damaging move which grants immunity against CC. So when you have an OP flying monkey with neon di1d0s hit you with a considerable amount of damage that goes straight into Master Strike there is good chance that your blow back or CC is going to be wasted if used. So I guess the logical answer would be to CC after MS. Well then they get to use their Force Push move (whatever it is called) grounding u for a few seconds while they get to charge up to you for a massive blow. This is all garbage. The resolve system in this game is worthless

BlownSi
01.10.2013 , 07:48 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by ProKsnNwk View Post
You know the REAL ISSUE are the ROOTS!
THERE is NO PROTECTION against Roots, and they DO NOT AFFECT resolve bar!
So even after Your Resolve bar is Full, you get rooted and can stand there for 10 - 20 seconds.
If you hold it out, or before that you usually get killed!

So If BioWare make the Roots affect, the Resolve Bar.
So you won't be able to get rooted after your resolve bar is full! There won't be such a big problem!!!

Also, there is problems with roots, because for 2 seconds of roots, you are actually stunned from most of the Roots!!
Playing SWTOR from when it come out, and have played many WZ to experience the effects of Resolve Bar
(which was supposed to get fixed, and to be hones it got more broken).
Stuns ARE a real issue as well, as I am constantly stun locked, for literally 15-20 seconds at a time sometimes or until dead. yes, roots are part of the issue as well, but it is absolutely ridiculous right now. The resolve changes fixed NOTHING and just now enabled a group to stun lock people at will. Absolute garbage.

Merras
01.11.2013 , 08:55 AM | #513
Some moderator should unstick this topic. Resolve system was broken a year ago but Bioware succesfully made it worst.

Kintaroshi
01.11.2013 , 09:13 PM | #514
In two months we can buy resolve system that works on the cartel market.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Benets
01.14.2013 , 07:49 AM | #515
Real issue is, they wanted to make something different only to say they're not copying. But the resolve system is garbage. This guide helps nothing, cos by the time your resolve is full you're dead twice. Plus some things that stuns you isnt affected by resolve like force chocke.

Its dumb that with some classes you need to have 5 arms with 7 fingers each hand to do something, and some class you only keep, force leap, knock back, force leap. (you're dead), if your not, force choke. GG. Perhaps resovle have some little use for classes that use heavy armor, for light armor, almost none.

Keep saying the only way it could work is with diminish or the lighter your armor faster your resolve is built and slower it decays.

Resolve is GARBAGE
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Benets
01.14.2013 , 07:51 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Some moderator should unstick this topic. Resolve system was broken a year ago but Bioware succesfully made it worst.
Its not broken, simply this system is stupid, it do not work for the purpose it was created.
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Benets
01.14.2013 , 07:54 AM | #517
We should all vote "terrible" for this post, i've already did
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

symke
01.17.2013 , 01:40 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by GangstahLove View Post
... with neon di1d0s ...
Ha, ha, ha .
I didn't know this is the way we appear to you. It really does paint an interesting picture, but maybe that means that ladies appreciate us being there so much more .

Balnazaar
04.14.2014 , 11:31 AM | #519
I find resolve to be... pardon this... F*CKING worthless! F*CKING WORTHLESS!!!

I mean, I can get 100% resolve and it even stays there. Does it give me the resistance or immunity to Stuns, CCs and pushes? NO FREAKING WAY it does! I get no resistance what so ever, the stinking reps or Imps VS Imps keep stunning, but reps become nearly unkillable on only 50% resolve!

GET RID OF THE USELESS RESOLVE BIOWARE! It is plain idiotic to let only the grassy Republic nuts get the benefits and leave the Imps stunned PERMANENTLY! Take away the crappy resolve, PLEASE!

Joesixxpack
04.14.2014 , 11:37 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Balnazaar View Post
I find resolve to be... pardon this... F*CKING worthless! F*CKING WORTHLESS!!!

I mean, I can get 100% resolve and it even stays there. Does it give me the resistance or immunity to Stuns, CCs and pushes? NO FREAKING WAY it does! I get no resistance what so ever, the stinking reps or Imps VS Imps keep stunning, but reps become nearly unkillable on only 50% resolve!

GET RID OF THE USELESS RESOLVE BIOWARE! It is plain idiotic to let only the grassy Republic nuts get the benefits and leave the Imps stunned PERMANENTLY! Take away the crappy resolve, PLEASE!
Imps get force lightning and more fire. It's only fair that Pubs get resolve benefits and you get permastunned, so you can't spam your jealousy-inducing animations at them.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE